Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:50 AM   #15

I offered 50 because it may need tires, and all the hassel with the title. I cant move it until I title it. It is to far to tow to my house. Thanks for the info. This whole thing is a hassel but I think this could be ok if the systems are not to bad... so many ifs!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2007, 08:59 AM   #16

I will ask him to take a picture of the tag maybe you guys can help me verify I have the right number. The whole deal is I am a single Mom with not a lot of $ and this is the only way, and a way I would enjoy, getting the trailer. I dont mind the work and we are going to set it down at a permanant site where I can rent it to pay most of its keep.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:31 PM   #17

Ummm... compared to what I started with, the Rolls is in MINT condition! I wish... wow! If you don't snag it, I will! (just kidding)

Yeah... go to your local DMV... get a supervisor (not a low paid state window worker) and ask what they can do to help. I've found that asking, "Can you please help me" always makes anyone with power feel like it's time to use their power!
But, count on a few basic ideas. "Nothing works, or will work for long. For every bit of damage you see, there is a ton more and because you can't see it yet, it's 20 times more difficult to fix!"
I know you want the trailer, but unless you're really enabled... with skills, motivation, desire... and a lack of sanity like myself, really hesitate buying someone elses problems!
I don't want to "water down your cornflakes", but... you have quite a "job" there!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:57 AM   #18

I live in NYS.I bought a vendor trailer from a seller in Pa who is one of the most honest and best sellers I have ever met on ebay.I bought it on a "bill of sale".Thru a search with the Pa DMV the last time it was titled was in 1999 in Ohio.(they where not supposed to tell me that,but I found someone on a phone call who wanted to help)I called Ohio DMV and they wouldn't tell me anything.The seller bought it from a old employer who moved away on a bill of sale for his cub scouts and decieded it won't work out for that purpose.Any chance of finding the title was gone forever.I called the NYS capital to talk to the people who approve titles directly.I told them that I didn't want a salvage title because I was going to invest money in it to remodel it.That is a very important part now!!!!.It took 8 MONTHS,and a inpection to see if it had any stolden parts,but I was finnally able to get a title as a 2006 custom trailer.During the inspection they have every right to tear it apart and make you put it back together.They also have every right to impound the trailer on the spot.It has to be safe to drive too.All the safety equipment and tires must be in place and working.I almost didn't get it thru the inspection.I had to watch how I worded my answers to their questions.It took a total of 8 MONTHS to have the title in my hand.Two months to get the inspection and 6 MONTHS to get the title.Now some states don't require a title for trailers like Mich I think it was.

The moral of this situation,I swore I would NEVER buy anything without a title never again.

Gary
Old 08-06-2007, 06:52 AM   #19
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If your not going to put on the road, "fix up and rent", why do you need a title. Buy the TT get a bill of sale than find a dealer that can put on tempory plate and pull to your property where you can set it up.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yeah... go to your local DMV... get a supervisor (not a low paid state window worker) and ask what they can do to help. I've found that asking, "Can you please help me" always makes anyone with power feel like it's time to use their power!
I know you want the trailer, but unless you're really enabled... with skills, motivation, desire... and a lack of sanity like myself, really hesitate buying someone elses problems!
I don't want to "water down your cornflakes", but... you have quite a "job" there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep lack of sanity, I am itching to flip a house so the trailer is nothing, and my Dad is a general Contractor! I can do it! or else hey you can have it lol
Old 08-06-2007, 10:27 AM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by "007":
If your not going to put on the road, "fix up and rent", why do you need a title. Buy the TT get a bill of sale than find a dealer that can put on tempory plate and pull to your property where you can set it up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because states laws are changing and in PA soon you will need to have it titled even in a campground.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The moral of this situation,I swore I would NEVER buy anything without a title never again.

Gary </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks! I am SO paying attention, the trailer is coming from NY to NJ.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:19 AM   #23

Yep lack of sanity, I am itching to flip a house so the trailer is nothing, and my Dad is a general Contractor! I can do it! or else hey you can have it lol [/QUOTE]

Ok... so you have the horsepower to get done what has to be done... next comes desire, and the patience for that. I'd start making a list of what is MAJOR wrong... figure out the estimated hours then multiply by 100... because that's how it works out for me! ... make sure your therapist has 2 open extra slots a week... and then "Go for it"
Old 08-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #24

ROFL!! Thanks. Iam managing a property in Sussex and I swear we drove away at least 3 times saying ok we are done with the big stuff!

I am still waiting to hear from the guy... Someone has something out there for me!
Old 08-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #25

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inalabama:
...I don't want to "water down your cornflakes", but... you have quite a "job" there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thewarriorchild,
I only looked at pics 1-5. Have you seen the pics of Inalabama's work-in-progress???
Old 08-06-2007, 06:12 PM   #26

Oh Lorna... Like I said, TheWarriorChild has a "Mint", "Like New" trailer she's looking at!
Old 08-07-2007, 06:13 PM   #27

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inalabama:
Oh Lorna... Like I said, TheWarriorChild has a "Mint", "Like New" trailer she's looking at! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm Wow! I found them. Did I mention "mine" was built by the Amish?
You are amazing!
The guy is now like: I have a guy that wants to pick it up and just take it away. apparently a bill of sale and tire size is a bit of a hassle to him at the moment. I offered him 50 and feel like any more is to much. Somethng is out there for me. How did you get yours? Oh and I think it is VERY appropriate to have a trailer shower once it is done so you can have all kinds of cool things!! We should start a new thing!
Old 08-07-2007, 07:45 PM   #28

Yeah... I've been having thoughts of doing this fulltime... rebuilds.

If he won't issue you a bill of sale... walk away!

There really isn't enough room for the shower and keep the big kitchen and full size bed. The unit is only 16' (13-1/2" not counting the tailboot and pushed out nose).

I want to keep this somewhat small, and light so I can afford to tow it... It's just me and a little 13 lb Jack Russell, ya know!