Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:02 AM   #43

LOL!

Excellent Sanjay!

Anyone heard if Deb got the Rolls?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2007, 10:07 AM   #44

Still waiting for a bill of sale, the guy seems to have gotten busy... not much word from him

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inalabama:
LOL!

Excellent Sanjay!

Anyone heard if Deb got the Rolls? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 08-12-2007, 11:03 AM   #45

He has your money but you don't have a bill of sale??
Old 08-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #46

Nope he doesnt have my $ I would never give him that without the bill of sale. I am hoping he will send it and I will give him the $ when I get the trailer. Been burned to many times with money before.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:32 PM   #47

Ok, got the tire size so far, all it says on one of the wheels is:

7.00-15 nylon 8

I'm not too familiar with the smaller wheels, I had someone read it off for me. Does it help?

SOoooo Does that help me???
Old 08-14-2007, 03:20 PM   #48

Vintage RV Owners Club
Its a old tire size and most likley you will have to get different wheels and go to a different size. I forgot what length your trailer is but if it is over 30', I would go with 16" wheels and use 235/85R16 tires in a f range tire. Goodyear and Michelin and several other tire company's make that size and are the right range for that size trailer. If yours is in the 20 to 29 foot area, go with a 15" wheel and you will have to get another type wheel as the 700X15 had the same bead as the 16" and was a 6 or 8 ply rated tire! If you go with the 15" wheels I would go with 235/75 R 15 6 plys.
Hope this helps! Capt.Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #49

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Its a old tire size and most likley you will have to get different wheels and go to a different size. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We measured the inside and it was about 27ft. If I change the wheels does that effect the axil or any other part of it?
Old 08-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #50

Vintage RV Owners Club
Finding 8 ply 7.00X15 Tires would be like finding gold in your back yard in mass Quantities! I don't think you will find them anywhere, but the wheel bolt pattern is what you need to find. If you can go to a place that sales after market Wheels and tell them you have the old style 15 inch wheels and you will need new wheels with the correct bolt pattern and be able to handle 80 psi and 6-8 ply tires and also that would be radials. That will be your first hurdle for sure! If you have someone with you to kinda help keep them from giving you the run around I would get there help and If you can take a picture and try and get the bolt pattern.
A thought, go to a RV store and ask them if you have to change over the hubs in order to mount new wheels and if so, See if new hubs are available and what size and type wheels you need! find a smaller MA and Pa shop will get you better answers than the big rv places. Good luck, and happy hunting, Capt.Dan
Old 08-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #51

I think I should take you! All this wheel talk...I will have to bring notes!!
Old 08-20-2007, 06:11 PM   #52

Vintage RV Owners Club
If you have a printer..copy the post, tell them your brother is in the biker gangs and if he gives you a hard time, he will have to deal with your brother!!!!! nuff said???
Old 09-04-2007, 06:45 PM   #53

<span class="ev_code_RED">HHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!</span>

I GOT A BILL OF SALE, NOTORIZED, IN THE MAIL FRIDAY!!!

Now to deal with NJ DMV! UGH!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 06:53 PM   #54

Vintage RV Owners Club
<span class="ev_code_RED">WWWWWWaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy to ggggggggggoooooo!!!!!!</span> Welcome to the RV'ers vintage site!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 06:29 PM   #55

Vintage RV Owners Club
Now that you have a rv you are a vintage rv'er for sure! So, Whats your first thing to rebuild?/ Does it need any rebuilding?? And how much??
Good luck and post often!!
Old 09-09-2007, 06:31 PM   #56

Ok, we have some issues. DMV doesnt want to give me a title. They say I need to have proof he owned it. I am going to try another motor vehicle tomorrow. Basically she said that he could claim it was abandoned and then we could get a title for it but he doesnt want to do anything to help out unless I pay him more really which if I have to do I will do. I am going to try and find out how you do that in NY. I dont have any idea about getting it towed....how do people pick these up and just haul em away???
UGH!
Oh and I found another free one, OH MY!! What a junk! If anyone is near PA, Milford area or Northern NJ I could tell u where it was. It is 22ft and will need everything replaced, the floor is certainly going to need to be replaced and the base sanded and repainted. Vents are open and if it rains well it rains in there. It has a cute layout and could sleep 6-8 if what I think swings down does. It is just sitting by the side of the road.
Well off to research....