Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #1

Sparton Remote Control Spotlight

I have an inop Sparton Model 475 spot/flood light. There is power to the switch and the wobble stick but nothing happens up at the light. Has anyone had any issues or any ideas where to start looking?
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #2

Need to check the voltage at the light socket. Maybe the bulb or just needs contacts cleaned
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #3

Lightbulb Sparton/NightRay Spotlight

Typically this is caused by either the spot or flood filament being burned out. If one is burned out, neither one will work. You can replace with a Wagoner 4700 Par 36 Dual Filament.
KHIndustries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHIndustries View Post
Typically this is caused by either the spot or flood filament being burned out. If one is burned out, neither one will work. You can replace with a Wagoner 4700 Par 36 Dual Filament.
I opened up the light fixture and the seal is perished. Can I buy new front and rear and base seals. the bulb looks perfect But I know that does not meanr much until I check it with my meters, Gotta wait for the wife to hold the ladder, I can just see myself flying if the ladder moves,

The base seal looks like crap too
Old 10-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilito View Post
I opened up the light fixture and the seal is perished. Can I buy new front and rear and base seals. the bulb looks perfect But I know that does not meanr much until I check it with my meters, Gotta wait for the wife to hold the ladder, I can just see myself flying if the ladder moves,

The base seal looks like crap too
We started to trace wires and what not on the spotlight and I started doing voltage checks on the switch. Yellow is positive on this light, well I showed 12v avail at all the yellow terminals, when I turned the light switch to on I showed 12v available on every terminal, what the? Some more tracing and getting under the dash and we found the dumb ass prior owner had both the pos lead and the neg lead connected to hot leads, A snip here and a jumper there and presto everything works except the up down part of the light, the motor is running and I can see the gears turning but it is not moving
I can manually move the light up or down
Any ideas and where can I get some front and rear gaskets
Old 10-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #6

Quote:
We started to trace wires and what not on the spotlight and I started doing voltage checks on the switch. Yellow is positive on this light, well I showed 12v avail at all the yellow terminals, when I turned the light switch to on I showed 12v available on every terminal, what the? Some more tracing and getting under the dash and we found the dumb ass prior owner had both the pos lead and the neg lead connected to hot leads, A snip here and a jumper there and presto everything works except the up down part of the light, the motor is running and I can see the gears turning but it is not moving
I can manually move the light up or down
Any ideas and where can I get some front and rear gaskets
I got the light working perfectly, I backed off the 3/4 inch nut against the spring on the slip clutch and son of a gun the up and down started to work, all I need is the gaskets to hold the bulb secure, any ideas, they gotta be heat resistant
Old 10-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #7

Quote:
I got the light working perfectly, I backed off the 3/4 inch nut against the spring on the slip clutch and son of a gun the up and down started to work, all I need is the gaskets to hold the bulb secure, any ideas, they gotta be heat resistant
K@H industries now owns Sparton, I was in contact with them and they still have some of the front and rear bulb gaskets, in case anyone happens to need them.