Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:14 PM   #1

Smile Stainless Lines

Have replaced all my Power Steering/Hydroboost and brake lines on my 1988 Chieftain, I am in the process of checking out a company that makes stainless lines and fittings for any RV with P30 chassis , would be nice to do them all at once and never have to worry about them! Will let you know how I make out as I'm sure there are alot of lines that should/could be done. I will be doing mine in stainless if possible after I sandblast and paint the undercarriage, when the damn snow leaves us! Bobby

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2015, 07:11 AM   #2

Sounds like something I need to do..what's the name of the company? Keep us posted on your progress

Old 02-24-2015, 08:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddogg369 View Post
Sounds like something I need to do..what's the name of the company? Keep us posted on your progress
I am trying to find out if they are interested in making up a kit like they have for many older cars/trucks. Will post updates when I find out. They must have an in with Ford/GM/Chrysler as they have patterns for a lot of vehicles. The only (problem), and I don't feel would be insurmountable, would be the differing wheelbases. So either the lines would be universal (extra long) , and have to be home flared on one end, or with unions to add extenders to the mid sections. We will see. I know I for one, would love to spend a few hundred to have a full kit in stainless that would not need attention again! Bobby
Old 02-24-2015, 01:19 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Just an FYI but Parker Products has retail outlets scattered around as do other independent companies that will make any hose you want in a variety of configurations. Simply bring them the hose and select what you want for materials such as SS fittings and SS braid or reinforced Nylon,rubber or PTFE...there are all sorts of options and if I am in doubt I ask them for advise...basically most outfits that can produce hydraulic hoses can hook you up with just about anything you might need.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:37 AM   #5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm2020 View Post
Just an FYI but Parker Products has retail outlets scattered around as do other independent companies that will make any hose you want in a variety of configurations. Simply bring them the hose and select what you want for materials such as SS fittings and SS braid or reinforced Nylon,rubber or PTFE...there are all sorts of options and if I am in doubt I ask them for advise...basically most outfits that can produce hydraulic hoses can hook you up with just about anything you might need.
Yes there are many places to get one or two made up at a time . But I find it a little expensive to do that . Paid $40 the other day for a return line pipe from the steering box and they didn't have the correct fitting so had to buy an adapter to make it work. The place i'm checking out makes full kits with all the prebent lines with the correct fittings, etc , Fuel /Brake/PS/Return, and they make them available individually also. I just bought a tubing bender off Craigslist, if I had it before I bought that P/S line I could have reused the old fitting and made my own for like $2