Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:22 PM   #15

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by michcruiser60:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sanjay R:
Sort of like the trouble Robin Williams had in RV, eh? No connection anywhere. . . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have got to see that movie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you must. I live in one, so I had to buy it. There are some things that you just gotta do. . .

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2007, 07:48 AM   #16

I haven't seen it yet. I'm assuming its good?

and ... hows it going Dan? I'm leaving this afternoon to drive from Evansville, IN to Elkhart, IN to pick up my RV. Have to install my tow bar before I leave.

E350 Chassis
Mike (KC9IPV) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:36 AM   #17

Is it good? It stars Robin Williams, of course it is good. . .

There are lots of gags in the movie that an RV'er will get before anyone else does.

Old 02-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sanjay R:
Is it good? It stars Robin Williams, of course it is good. . .

There are lots of gags in the movie that an RV'er will get before anyone else does. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I'll have to rent it.

Well Dan, I'm in the new/old RV as I write this. (Have a cingular air card) Currently sitting in a rest area waiting for the sun to go down so I can drive west then south on US 41 to Evansville. She is a little loose in the front end and needs a tune up. Keeping it under 60mph. I'm gonna have to get some kind of rear camera as I can only see the top passenger corner of the jeep and nothing behind me. The furnace blower seems weak. I'll use electric heat when parked in a camp though. Already started a list of things to do. Just have to prioritize as $$ allow.

Dan & Sanjay, I'll prolly start picking your brains soon

Be safe Dan.

E350 Chassis
Mike (KC9IPV) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #19

I'll be glad to help with anything I can. We vintage RV'ers have to support each other, as no one else seems willing to. . .

$$ is the usual order of operations when repairing/refitting an older rig. YOu may not have the large $$ needed for the next item on your priority list, but be able to do a few small things. This way progress is still made. That helps to keep your momentum going, and your spirits up.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi all, Well, we kinda got a detour..say ..Back to Maine. Another funeral to go to. We were leaving to go to Kansas city tomorrow and this isn't Kansas toto!! We drove here in just under 12 hours and will be here...???? Hope to be able to let you know whats happening after we find out.All I know is that her aunt had a heart attack and died. I will find out more later, Dan P.s. No Snow, Capt.
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #21

Are you sure you're heading to Arizona??? Sorry about the aunt but... sheesh!
Old 02-10-2007, 08:38 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yeah!! I think we are going by way of the slow boat to china!! Not to sure how long we will be here as there was a will and Deb is in it. We have to stay for that then we can resume the trip west...I hope. I'm beginning to wonder if we are suppose to go back??
I will try and find out how long we will ave to stay till we can get on the road again. Dan
I'm beat so I'm signing off,D
Old 02-11-2007, 12:48 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi all, I guess this is what happens to us younger kids as we have to bury the older ones. Myself, I have buried my sister and one brother,Mom,a granddaughter and two Aunts and Uncle in the last ten years.
Deb has lost a older brother, Mom and Dad Aunts and Uncles and I lost count of the cousins. She is the oldest in her family and has two younger brothers and one younger sister yet. I have one brother that is 13 years older than I. I also have a Brother-in-law that is hanging in there yet. I have one Aunt left and shes the Queen right now of the family. Shes in her 90's and still gets around yet.
There used to be a old saying about' life's a B$#@h!, then you die! I hate to say it,but it's...True!! I've seen more death than I wanted to ever see,I'm wondering when it will be my turn? If I keep hanging around these drivers out there on the black ribbon, I'm liable to find out!!
Mike, glad to hear you got your rig and that it seems to be in fair shape! Enjoy your travels and go ahead and ask if ya need to. Thats what the forum is for.
SanjayR, If you don't relate to Robin Williams...You, my friend, cannot be a rv'er! I split a gut watching this movie and there is alot of truth to it, Take our word for it! I have the movie and watch it every now and then just so I can laugh at myself, if you know what I mean! Mike, Ya have to see it man!! I'm not about to spoil that for ya, once you see it than you will understand, right all?
Lorna, Ever remember a song that came out several years ago that went something like 'Running around in circles'? That seems to be my luck these days!! At least this time we wasn't all the way in to Arizona and then have to go back. One more day and we would have been on our way to Kansas City! I don't mind the travel'in but I just wish it was to somewhere else! I will keep you all up on what is happening as this has turned into a soap opera of sorts, Huh??? I have NOO way of how to spell porkey pigs sign off but'Mi thats all folks'
Old 02-11-2007, 05:18 PM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
Ever remember a song that came out several years ago that went something like 'Running around in circles'? That seems to be my luck these days!! ...this has turned into a soap opera of sorts.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean it's not NORMAL???

We have found that whenever something "bad" or "unplanned" happens to us, we need to keep a sharp eye out for the "opportunity" that is about to present it's self. It always happens and we have learned to watch for it (after missing a few ). We have learned that adversity is simply opportunity in disguise. Good luck and keep an open mind... don't get hung up in a pity party or you may miss out on something great.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Were hanging in there. The viewing is Thursday and the services and funeral Friday.We may be back on the road Saturday or Sunday. So we have a extra week to go cabin fever crazy!! We have a storm somewhere out in the west coming this way so maybe we were better off to make the detour. Time will tell. Later, Dan
Old 02-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #26

Just be safe, Dan. Better to arrive late than not at all. Take care.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #27

Jayco Owners Club
Capt Dan, sorry to hear about your loss. Be safe,
another storm heading your way.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:37 PM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
The storm is suppose to hit here tonite and all day tomorrow. This is going to be a cold funeral and I am still wondering if they can dig the grave with the temps in the zero's and below for several weeks. We plan to leave Saturday or Sunday, Don't know yet and there is suppose to be a chance for more snow on Monday. This could be a bit dicey! It's all in the planning and timing. Thanks for the good wishes as we will need them, Dan
Will check in later.