Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
jfyi, It snowed over a foot here today and we have had sleet and freezing rain today. The blizzard of 07 is what they are calling it! We have about 18" here an the viewing is tomorrow afternoon and evening. The funeral is the day after tomorrow. I've been sitting here watching the snow plows and road graders do there thing,Getting stuck and the graders pulling them out. they said that for awhile the interstate was closed! Winds at 40 mph and gusting to 65mph. This falls into that zone of no mans land!!Sleet is hitting the door,again.All I can think about ,right now is that trip back down to my brothers in W.Va. I84 goes over the Poconos of Pa.then I81 south to winchester then west state rt50 to his turn off. That piece of I84 and state rt 50 could be a thrill! I used to love roller coaster rides. But I don't think I want to take this ride. With my luck one of those beamers will try and buzz me and become a hood ornament!!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2007, 05:13 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hello there, We are at my son and Daughters in laws tonite and tomorrow we are getting back to my brothers. Then, All I have to figure out now is how to get around the storms. Will send a note when I get to W.Va. I'm glad that is done. i hate funerals! We should be back in Az in mid-March at latest. Bye for now, Dan

Old 02-22-2007, 09:10 AM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Just a note to let you know that we have made it to W.Va. and don't have good cell or internet service so we came out to Winchester, Va. to get a message to you. We are going to be leaving for Kansas City to see family. And we will have computer service. About the only thing here in the 'Sticks' is smoke signals so we can't stay on line like we have. Hope you all are ok and that your projects are coming along fine. We are going to try and get back to Arizona by the second week of March. Till then, Have a good one, Dan and Deb
Old 02-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Can't wait for the weather to get better in the mid-west so we are going the south route to Az. Stopped in Knoxville for the night. Hope the rain is not too hard tomorrow as we go thru Tennessee and Arkansas and Texas. Don't know how far we will get, but we will try and be safe. if it gets too wild out there we can and will pack it in. Will check in wherever we can get service. Capt.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:38 PM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Sorry I posted on the other site about where we are sorry about that. Am sick and I am getting off as I need to hit the !ooper quick, Capt.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:20 PM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi all, We are in Deming,N.M. And thats about 4 hours from Home!! Thats Party time for those of you who havn't done what we did.We will be sleeping in our own bed tomorrow nite!!!We havn't done that for what four months? I used my Air-Conditioner for the first time since last fall. It's beautiful out there!! The change from trees and desert is fast in Texas. I think it took about a tanks distance for that change to happen.
It might be Weds. before I can get a post to you as I'm not to sure about whats happening, Yet! RV Outpost has already got one order in and I'm get some other stuff if she can get it and we also have RV Upgrades too so What I can get from them I will and the rest... From the Locals
I really havn't had time to look over the posts to see whats going on. I did remember seeing a post that Mike,I think got his coach. And SarjayT was doing something to his home but I've been out of touch for too long. Please forgive and I will try an be more responding!Hope all is well and will check in later, Capt.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, We ARE HOME!!!
I already Have the tent up And the rv opened up. Things are right where I left them. My cousin vacuumed it once but I found a bunch more of dead bugs and a few dead mice. Glad I put out poison. The floors are dry and needs cleaning. No lifting of the tile. thats good news. I hooked up the electric and turned on the ceiling vents and will leave them on to air it out.
I'm hurting right now and want to rest for a day or two before I get into the rebuilding job.
Will try and stay on more now that I'm back home. Capt.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #36

Sorry you had to head back half way home. But that's what families do. Stick together.
Glad you made it alright. Sounds like you have some good weather at home. Wish we had warmer weather here.

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
michcruiser60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:22 PM   #37

Glad you (finally) made it home. Keep us posted on how things are going.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #38

Vintage RV Owners Club
HI Lorna, Glad to hear from ya. How it going with that mh?
Michcruiser60, Just hated to run in circles. Glad trip is over and I can get some work done. I have a bunch of stuff ordered and I am hoping they get here soon.
I'm going to get the battery's tomorrow and get
things started. I also got to get the radiator in and start to get things hooked up and running. In between, I can rip out the carpet and get the mold out. The reefer needs to be out so I can turn it upside down and get it cleaned up inside. That will let me build my battery compartment. got to go this keyboard has a death wish and I'm about to grant its wish,capt.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:27 AM   #39

Glad you got there safely, Capt! Yeah, I'm planning on starting my own rebuild sometime soon, but it wil likely go a lot slower than yours, as mine will be slowed down by not having any money. In addition, I probably have a lot more to do on mine than you do as well. The whole floor, probably all the outside walls and roof as well, and I'll be needing a new skin, furnace, and fridge on top of all that. We are likely talking years for me to finish. I do plan on taking lots of pics though, so you can all share in the progress.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #40

I've spent the last couple of warm, dry days sitting up on the roof pressure washing and doing "patchwork" (taping seams, etc) so we can recoat the roof. I'm using Elastoseal for patching and Snow Roof Elastomeric roof coating (from www.snowroof.com). Supposed to get rain so I got the seams and surface cracks sealed up. Still need to prime the entire surface with the Elastoseal (the stuff that was up there wasn't sticking too well). The roof doesn't leak (yea!) even with the power wash (lots of little flakes came off) and I took the opportunity to wash & wax the AC shroud and vent covers (hopefully that will keep them cleaner and reduce the mildew). Also got the Air Springs ordered. Hopefully this will help. We had added coil springs before leaving NC last fall (rated 2,000 lb) but they didn't do a thing. Every bump rattled my teeth and the entire RV. I also need to update the fuel guage (can't tell when the tank is less than half full or empty) so I am thinking about pulling the face plate off the dash and replacing all the guages with LEDs (including Speed) and replacing the face plate with a wood one (I got my router bits & router down here with us).
Old 02-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #41

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, I've got the chemicals coming and I picked up the brushes and stuff for the work but I forgot to check my posts first to get the info on the respirator I needed so I will get that this weekend. I got Paint Paper masks for now while I'm tearing out the Carpet. I'm going to try and get the fridge out,And clean the floors as much as possible. I got pictures but too many to post so I will try and weed them out to show the worst parts.I don't know how to put a shortcut to photobucket so will use the site's photo section. On a different note, The computer got fixed today and the thing is Zoom-Zoom!!
Bout time it woke up! I had a 2 gig ram upgrade put in and they cleaned the keyboard.
Now if the weather would get back to warm again. It was WINDY today and It's frigg'in cold out!! I got the heater turnned up to high and The computer is trying to keep my fingers warm. NOW, I remember why I got rid of the pop-up! They get cold at night and the wind can almost blow right thru!! Deb's gonna think I moved into her skin before the night's out!!
Hang in there as the heat bill is being paid and the heat will be back on this weekend. They promised and I'm holding them to it!
I am going to get the ceiling down and see what damage there is up there before I do anything to the roof. Might be able to get that done by friday. Good luck with your projects Lorna and sanjay R. We all have Boo-Koo work to do!! And I'd say that was a understatement! Let the games begin! Capt.