Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2007, 11:59 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
I know that things have been up in the air for Deb and I but We are in the process of loading up the truck and heading back to Arizona. We were going to leave Friday but they say snow is coming up the coast{Noreaster} So giving a couple of days to clear the roads we now plan to head out Monday.
Our computer has alot of information you and other sites have given to us so I can tackle the MH when we get back. We haved lived in a tent for 3-4 day weekends before so this won't be to bad. I figure a couple to three weeks and we will be able to move back in the mh. Then I can use the tent as a portable workshop. Cabinets and counter tops are easy if you have the right tools. I have two friends, a couple of cousins and Deb to help me. The Home Depot is about 5 miles from me and there is a Local hardware a couple of blocks from us too! I did some work back about 6 years ago or so and was getting things ready for the home to be finished when all the fun started last year. I talked to my cousin the other day and it is dry under the cabinets and bed so I can start by getting that ugly carpet that was originally in the MH out. The main floor has tile down and is in good shape, so my cousin says. I have to check all the cabinets for any water damaged parts. I used Polyurethane on all the cabinets so they may be ok too. I'll get some pictures when I get down to where we see any damage. This should be fun and any rate and we will know that things are right. I will post later when we get closer to home and will let you know that we are safe. Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2007, 11:59 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
I know that things have been up in the air for Deb and I but We are in the process of loading up the truck and heading back to Arizona. We were going to leave Friday but they say snow is coming up the coast{Noreaster} So giving a couple of days to clear the roads we now plan to head out Monday.
Our computer has alot of information you and other sites have given to us so I can tackle the MH when we get back. We haved lived in a tent for 3-4 day weekends before so this won't be to bad. I figure a couple to three weeks and we will be able to move back in the mh. Then I can use the tent as a portable workshop. Cabinets and counter tops are easy if you have the right tools. I have two friends, a couple of cousins and Deb to help me. The Home Depot is about 5 miles from me and there is a Local hardware a couple of blocks from us too! I did some work back about 6 years ago or so and was getting things ready for the home to be finished when all the fun started last year. I talked to my cousin the other day and it is dry under the cabinets and bed so I can start by getting that ugly carpet that was originally in the MH out. The main floor has tile down and is in good shape, so my cousin says. I have to check all the cabinets for any water damaged parts. I used Polyurethane on all the cabinets so they may be ok too. I'll get some pictures when I get down to where we see any damage. This should be fun and any rate and we will know that things are right. I will post later when we get closer to home and will let you know that we are safe. Dan
Old 01-31-2007, 12:12 PM   #3

Be safe, we wish you the best.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:37 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Keep in touch, safe travels and you maybe heading into warmer weather.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:50 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
I hope so! I keep ya posted,for sure.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #6

It's suppose to be very cold here in Michigan on Sunday and Monday, single digits!!!

Be careful and drive safe.

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
michcruiser60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #7

Dan, have a safe and enjoyable trip back home. Thanks for your input for the questions I've asked and the ones I have yet to ask.

E350 Chassis
Mike (KC9IPV) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quick note, Got 6 inches last nite and we are loaded for the trip. Leaving tomorrow for daughters, then brothers in W.Va. Will post there. Have a safe one, Capt. Dan
Old 02-03-2007, 01:21 PM   #9

Sounds like a nice direct route to Arizona! Almost as bad as the time my kids were planning a trip to Texas and plotted their trip using a Cracker Barrel map...

Hope you don't hit much snow on the way out. Travel Safe.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
First stop, Groton,Conn. Will stay tonite and leave tomorrow for W.Va. So far, so good!
Old 02-04-2007, 10:27 AM   #11

Good Deal! Drive safe.

E350 Chassis
Mike (KC9IPV) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:47 AM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hello everyone, We made it too West Virgina last evening and have weak signal here. Had to get on top of mountain to get the smoke signals to reach you. will check in later, Capt. Dan
Old 02-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #13

Sort of like the trouble Robin Williams had in RV, eh? No connection anywhere. . .

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sanjay R:
Sort of like the trouble Robin Williams had in RV, eh? No connection anywhere. . . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have got to see that movie.

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
michcruiser60 is offline   Reply With Quote