Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2017, 11:03 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Still a leak from shower

Getting a leak when showering. Can reach drain, but not wet there or on "S" trap. I feel as if it is towards left (divers side) wall. Drain runs from center of coach to wall, presume it is manifolded with common from kitchen sink. Sink does not seem to affect leak
Access is nil. Stove on 45*, micro over. Wall is common to shower. Access to drain is from approx 8 x 18 return vent under range. Hole in wall to access drain hardware. Shower pan sitting on raised floor so drain and trap will almost fit. Boxed opening in floor to accommodate balance of "S" drain. Linoleum sheet in vanity hall runs into shower commode area, so, runs 2/3 of way under shower. Water appears to run under linoleum to right side wall under pantry, closet and drawers. Small tilt to right, 1/4 bubble off level.
Possible option seems to be remove outer pan surround if possible. Surround does disappear on side of commode riser . Entails possible removal of bi-fold shower doors, glass wall on hall wall. If leak is near outside wall, will have to take up shower pan. I cannot find any other access.
Anyone have a clue or suggestions other than a match.
tim.kyfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2017, 10:12 AM   #2

Tim,

Are you sure it is the drain that is leaking??

It could just as easily be the run between the valves and the shower head.

Frank
F76Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:54 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Have changed faucet and shower head. All is good at the faucet. Have thought about a water supply but pressure is always there and do should leak.
Question remains- How the heck do I get to it or see it.
Googled"shower drain leak", and, most were drain fittings or had access through cabinet, walk etc.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:57 PM   #4

Are you sure it's not running through a seam where the enclosure meets the wall or the pan? My '15 TT had a persistent leak in either corner where the glass wall, enclosure wall and pan all met. It would leak out and drip near the water heater. Two trips to the dealer and mass amounts of silicone could not stop the leak.

In unrelated news, I traded the TT in
BirchyBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:41 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I have used sealant on the wall to pan and think it is/was well sealed. Will look again. I have eyeballed the glass wall, however, leak seem to originate towards front of shower (which is left coach wall. Water runs under stapled linoleum. cannot feel it on top.nruns to right side at linoleum/kitchen wood floor, which is buckling. Drain fitting, "S" trap and drain line as far as I can feel, are dry. Cannot feel any water except where linoleum, wood floor and inside kitchen cabinet wall where these all meet.
It could be possible the glass is involved. I guess I need to get into the kitchen cabinet and cut out the base paneling of the wall. It will take something long handled like a short limb saw. Recip saw would be ponderous to try and hold with one hand laying down
Old 03-01-2017, 06:38 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
When the shower on ours was leaking it was because the previous owner had caulked over the drain holes in the track at the bottom of the shower (what holds the glass in place on the bottom). Those have weep holes just like the windows do, plug those and the water has to find someplace else to go. Once I (finally) found that and cleaned out the holes the water problem went away.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:25 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
While on days off, will do some tests. Lay shower head on floor, point at one wall or the other until leak shows. I'm sure it is scheduled to rain on those day, so it will be a good indoor activity. May require libations though. Could be expensive. Gotta laugh, crying "ain't" working.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:48 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had a shower leak that would soak the hallway carpet outside the shower. Mine turned out to be the water line at the back of the shower head (after the valve).
4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, shower