Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #1

Suburban SF 42 furnace removal!!

Very frustrated as I must remove my Suburban furnace in order to tighten up a leaking LP fitting. Lots of info on line and youtube videos about servicing the SF 42 but nothing on its removal. It looks like it just pulls out but I can't see or tell how the unit disconnects from the LP at the back left side. And there simply is not enough room to get any wrenches back there. There is a vent underneath my refer and I'm wondering is that accesses the back of the furnace?

Hoping anyone with similar furnace can help me. Need to get this leak fixed before we can head south...thanks one and all....

Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbonsell View Post
Very frustrated as I must remove my Suburban furnace in order to tighten up a leaking LP fitting. Lots of info on line and youtube videos about servicing the SF 42 but nothing on its removal. It looks like it just pulls out but I can't see or tell how the unit disconnects from the LP at the back left side. And there simply is not enough room to get any wrenches back there. There is a vent underneath my refer and I'm wondering is that accesses the back of the furnace?

Hoping anyone with similar furnace can help me. Need to get this leak fixed before we can head south...thanks one and all....
Wbonsell
What coach, (make year/model), do you have?
Hopefully someone with like coach will have the exact answer.

My Suburban SF-42F furnace removes to the inside only.
On my coach, the LP gas line and the wires which must be disconnected, are readily accessed by removing the intake grill below the fridge in front of the furnace..... (which is also where the furnace must be pulled out).

Some furnaces have a removable outside panel for removal but the LP line and wires must be accessed and disconnected from the inside before furnace removal is possible.

Mel
'96 Safari

Old 11-13-2014, 01:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Wbonsell
What coach, (make year/model), do you have?
Hopefully someone with like coach will have the exact answer.

My Suburban SF-42F furnace removes to the inside only.
On my coach, the LP gas line and the wires which must be disconnected, are readily accessed by removing the intake grill below the fridge in front of the furnace..... (which is also where the furnace must be pulled out).

Some furnaces have a removable outside panel for removal but the LP line and wires must be accessed and disconnected from the inside before furnace removal is possible.

Mel
'96 Safari
See signature Mel....'94 Bounder. Passenger side outside panel accesses the front of the furnace. Hoping maybe access to the rear is via the panel underneath the fridge, but coach is in getting a bit of maintenance done and can't check for a few more days....
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, removal