Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #15
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
No not yet, I did find them almost $100.00 bucks cheaper this winter (still can't believe that, maybe closeout) for the fronts but not that lucky on the rears. with the air bags working I'm not in a hurry to get them now but I will get them this season.

1982 Pace Arrow 29ft. 454 4bbl 48,000 miles 200hrs on the Owens no headers, toad 1999 deville concours. The guy @ Andover wanted to put headers on but I decided to wait because I feel it has enough power already.
Your rig looks nice and clean.
If it's my rig your talking about....Other than the stripes on it, the rest is in good shape everything is original in it, It stays under a gazebo out of the sun and the rain. Thanks

1990 28' Georgie Boy, 454, 4bbl, Thorley Headers, Recurved Distributor, 8.75 mpg. RVM 76
BA-in-Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #16
If you disconnected the sway bar from the frame you could easily move it up and down. Moving the sway bar up or down will not change "preload" at all. If you wanted to change the amount of force that it took to cause the bar to articulate then you would have to move the frame mounts towards the rear of the motor home or closer to the axle mounting point. This would make it so there would need to be more force to allow for the same amount of articulation, but I have to agree with a few of the above posters. I would install an airbag setup before messing with the sway bar. Last year I installed a new bell crank and that removed all my steering play; then front airbags and shocks which stabilized the front and reduced bottoming out. Last month I finally installed an Airlift airbag setup on the rear and that was the final missing piece of this puzzle. After playing with the air pressure, front and rear. I was able to get it dialed in and it rides and handles dramatically better than before. I still get moved around when a large tractor\ trailer passes me, but that is to be expected because I am driving a large billboard mounted on a 1 ton truck chassis.

Winnebeater is offline   Reply With Quote