Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #1

System Monitor II in '85 Honey 22ft...

Ok... I'm new... but I checked and read a lot of different threads to make sure I wasn't gonna be "That Guy", and ask a question that's been answered a hundred times before.

My RV has a panel on the wall that Reads "System Monitor II". It has 3 switches... one to check the bat charge level, one to turn the pump on, and one to check the fresh, gray, and black water levels.

OK... so the first switch seems to work, displaying the battery charge level.

The second "tries" to turn the pump on but basically just dims the whole ac system. I'm assuming this is a bad pump. So, I turned it off quickly, and left it be.

The third does nothing... I can see the spots where lights are supposed to come on indicating empty, half, and full... but absolutely nothing happens when I hold the switch up.

I'm gonna be taking it to an RV center in the next 2 weeks to have everything looked at, and get a desperately needed "RV Orientation"... but curiosity is driving me nuts.

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

Gracias!

~Brandon Barre'~
PlayaHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to irv2 Brandon.
#2 disconnect pump than operate switch look with meter for 12volts, may need someones help. Than try pump with a 12v battery and see what happens, may just need to be lubed on shaft or just some help turning.
#3 Contacts in tanks maybe corroded or you have loose ground or battery supply to switch, drop off panel to look behind use meter to check for voltage 12volts.
You need charged 12v batteries or shore line plugged in for converter 12 volts supply.
Make sure you have good battery connection for ground from battery.
Welcome to the world of RVing.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #3

007... Greatly appreciated!

I will post an update as soon as I give it a whirl.

I work on a drilling rig, so I'm out of town at the moment.

But, I'm itching to get after it!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
This may help.

/
subford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:25 PM   #5

Fantastic! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Old 08-24-2010, 05:46 AM   #6

Brandon-Hippy Dad-Barre''s Photos | Facebook

...here's a link to the pictures... they're on my Facebook. My profile's open, so it shouldn't give much trouble.

The pump was bad and the system monitor suffers from bad wiring, I'm just gonna re pull it. But, we're not going to be using the plumbing for a while, yet, anyway. The big thing is that it's running, and pretty solid.

The 8.00-16.5 dually rims are a pain in the butt. They're phasing out this rim size, so tires are harder to find. I ended up finding 1 available tire style in the whole metro area of Harrisburg. Pa. And it's aggressive!

I replaced both passenger/rears, and as soon as I get back from Black Rock City, I'll be looking for a new rim size, and some shoes that are a little more highway friendly.

My fridge "worked".

I was in the process of seeing how long it would take me to burn an eighth of a tank, when I completely spaced, and didn't level it out.

It ran for about a day, then I noticed the fridge was warming, leveled it back out, and waited. But, it just got warmer. (I hope the burn pot can take that!?!) So, I turned it off, and haven't touched it, since. I'm hoping that I've shook it around enough to get the gunk moved around, driving with it. But, we'll see when I take on 1/2 a tank of propane in Reno.

Either way... no ammonia smells.

...If it works, we're golden. If not, we'll be using the stove a lot!

My project for the day is checking my battery isolator. The second battery won't catch a charge off of the alternator. There are a couple of fuses in line that I need to put the multimeter on, but if push comes to shove, I'll just replace the unit.

I believe all of this stems from my attempt to run my roof a/c on a 1,000 RMS inverter, and /maybe/ making it spark, a time or two. lol

When all else fails, I've got 24 ft of jumper cables that say I'll be able to get it charged!

Again, thanks for the help, and your patience.

~Brandon~