Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #1

tankless hotwater heater install?

My lp hotwater heater is crap and I cant get the thermocouple out. So im looking at maybe hooking up a 110v tankless heater. How much of a pain in the rump to install? Id want it to run through my whole motor home. Showers aren't takin in the coach so itd be mainly sinks
TravisNuwa81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2013, 06:45 AM   #2

iRV2 No Limits Club
You will be disappointed with the output of a 110v tankless water heater. 110v just doesn't have enough power to give you any more than a trickle of hot water. You would be better off replacing your water heater with another one tank type like it or with one of the better propane tankless water heaters, such as the new Atwoods or a Precision Temp RV500 (stay away from the Girards).
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
You will be disappointed with the output of a 110v tankless water heater. 110v just doesn't have enough power to give you any more than a trickle of hot water. You would be better off replacing your water heater with another one tank type like it or with one of the better propane tankless water heaters, such as the new Atwoods or a Precision Temp RV500 (stay away from the Girards).
They are all 300 in my area... more than I wanna put into it. And hard to put in aren't they?
Old 04-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #4

Replacing water heater.

Do a search on the internet for reconditioned RV water heaters. You might find a smashed up Rv in a junk yard with a good water heater. Check ebay, cl ect.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #5

Replacing water heater.

Try looking on the internet for a reconditioned one. A junkyard might have a salvage one from an Rv that has been in an accident. Check ebay or cl ect.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-3 View Post
Do a search on the internet for reconditioned RV water heaters. You might find a smashed up Rv in a junk yard with a good water heater. Check ebay, cl ect.
CL is ridiculous. Guy wants 450 for one out of an 88.....
Old 04-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #7

Getting a used water heater.

Used water heaters should sell for 1/3 to 1/4 of the original cost. Just be patient. You can always heat water on your stove for washing up, dishes. Use the shower house at the campsite with flipflops and you should be fine. Check are around for reconditioned ones from the manufacturer.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #8

We bought a tankless hot water heater for our Monaco La Palma on line..we love it..we are full timing and just flip the switch and we have hot water within 5 minutes...
It was $199.00 with free shipping...then we had a local RV shop install it for $ 60.00...

Google tankless water heaters and research them..I'll have to check the brand and post it Here
time2rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #9

I looked around for months for a hot water heater set up and finally settled in on a 6 gallon atwood and I am glad I did, Was a little bit of work to install it but in the long run it will be worth it. got it off e-bay new with door for 280.00
Old 08-15-2013, 05:49 AM   #10

My new fifth wheel has a working hotwater heater! Whooo hoooo
Old 08-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #11

Hello
We ordered a Bosch Ariston GL 6 Plus Mini Electric Water Heater online for $229...with free shipping...we got it from Global Pro Tankless Supply...24050 Commerce Park Suite 200,Beachwood, Ohio 44122
Phone 216 -765-4233

We love it...we have a 1999 Monaco La Palma class A motor home...we had it installed for $60.

We just flip the existing switch on...it's located above our bathroom sink and we have hot water in a few minutes...it works great for the two of us...it fit nicely in the exsisting cabinet where the old hot water Heater was..

We have had it over a year with no problems ...we are full timing

Hope this information helps

Take care
time2rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #12

Tankless water heaters are great. My only beef was having to pay extra for the digital temperature control that lets you push an up or down button to set it to whatever degrees you want.
jasright is offline   Reply With Quote