Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #29

I had to go ahead and post link to see a bunch of the other lines(im still giggling to myself over them)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085970/quotes

Walkerbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ok, I get it!!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:53 AM   #31

Yeah we have some work to do on it..But as of right now we place it on hold..I did not even think about some of the things you suggested THANK YOU for pointing them out. I was to scared to light the stove too! lolol We were going to just to see if it lit...wellll me being scardy cat wants to wait till we can afford to have it cked out.
The weather is cooling down here and we hope to start doing something on it. Well maybe haha. Hope your wind dies down for you to be able to work on yours! now off to the boat and RV show lol. Still like going to them..But man did they have to have it on OU-TEXAS GAME DAY!

Old 10-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sure...Why not. Kill two birds with one stone!!! They are hurting from the economy and they will try and make a sale where they can. Enjoy,Dan
Old 10-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #33

Ahhh watched the game to watch OU lose... and did not make it to the boat and Rv show INSTEAD we went and watched sprint cars race and at almost 11 pm DEMOLITION DERBY But maybe tomorrow. lol. The boat and RV show runs through then. The races were a blast! So no complaints here hehe. But I saw some of those new fancy RV sitting outside! Very fancy..Now ya know we ALL can afford those 300,000-800,000 buck ones ROFL!!!
Anyways we did try to fix the step on the beast today... We will have to really think on this one. Bent pretty good and don't wanna beat on it to much and snap a weld. Ahhh little more thinking and we hopefully will get it straight OR I WILL JUST BRING A STOOL grrrr

Old 10-13-2008, 06:49 PM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Its more strong than it looks!! I took a sledge to mine around five times over the years!! I did finally have to replace it!! Had it for 12 years so average around two years per beating!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #35

Ok the rain ket us inside..Now its COOOOOLDDD!! It actually feels like the beginning of winter!! ANd then........Ok so the batteries went dead so we cant start it...NOW its leaking battery acid.. So whats next that the PO lied about...Put some cheapo wal mart batteries in it.. I MEAN WHAT???? ITS NOT A CAR! SO now I need to figure out where that couple hundred bucks is gonna come out of ugggg See this rain seriously makes me feel crabby..TIred and crabby lol. Had to get the truck loaded full of stuff to take to flea market. So thats will be the focus of the weekend. After this we will see. THis weather here turned so quick my body hurts..(and to think in a couple weeks I will ONLY be 31 hehehe) feels better to say ONLY

Old 10-15-2008, 05:15 PM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yeah wait till ya get up to my age... I am in Pain today so something is going to happen,,,
Old 10-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #37

Flea market stunk today. Made booth rent..Lets hope tomorrow brings better luck. Very cold in the morn then it warms up after lunch to give ya the ahhhh feeling JUST TO GET COLD AGAIN! ahhh waiting for this flippin economy to quit going downhill..taking my amazon down with it grrrr...Boy you would think today was monday as cruddy as I feel

Old 10-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #38

Vintage RV Owners Club
Know what you mean..Today wasn't to bad for me but i have had better. After talking with the insurance company and the repair place i am to the point of wanting to do it myself!! They said that they would half to make the corners out of Fiberglass. I asked about Metal and they told me they don't have a machine to make them with. Ahhh, You can get flashing and curve it into a half circle or quarter circle and then cut it to the length needed and then by using the old as a pattern cut and tuck where needed and drill and pop-rivet. That was Sssooo easy...They want to eat the bucks up!!! The wall became loose where the water leaked in around the window and i can see it is ok...the glue and whatever staples came out because of the water...so...Use Liquid Nails and some staples and put it back together...They were going to do that same thing...The back plastic panel was going to be removed and a metal flashing put in its place and then painted to match...Almost done. They were going to replace the tv antenna and I can get the pieces from winguard and they cost about 20 bucks,...They were going to replace the batwing at $150+ labor...
Am i nuts or should I do it myself??? I have done so much to this thing with just Debs help!! Why should i give it to them when I can do this??
Old 10-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walkerbunch:
Flea market stunk today. Made booth rent..Lets hope tomorrow brings better luck. Very cold in the morn then it warms up after lunch to give ya the ahhhh feeling JUST TO GET COLD AGAIN! ahhh waiting for this flippin economy to quit going downhill..taking my amazon down with it grrrr...Boy you would think today was monday as cruddy as I feel </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You and Fleamarketter ought to hook up and join forces so as to make the best of it at those fleamarkets!!! Course gary would have to move south a little bit...I think i just shot myself...
Old 10-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #40

HAHAHA! Well to be honest this time STUNK! Did not make much all weekend.
But anyways. We have had a couple nice days so instead on working on anything we played. Kids have been happy to be on bikes acting like they own the neighborhood. We will hopefully get to work on it soon. I need to pull the panels off the "not doors" in the front to see what I need to do to fix it..But I have been lazy. On top of trying to find a way to make money. EXHAUSTED! Hope to soon. I need to find some pics of someone else's fixing it before I go crazy pulling it apart. lol
I will crack the whip soon! See what I can do over the winter to keep myself busy.

BTW I NORMALLY LOVE FLEAMARKETS! (well that was till this weekend lololol

AND I just noticed Im still not classified as a vintage owner lol. And I own 2 things older than me. HAHAHAHAH I GOT FORGOTTEN ABOUT WAHHHHH

Old 10-21-2008, 01:25 PM   #41
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">AND I just noticed Im still not classified as a vintage owner </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're not?

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #42

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walkerbunch:
Flea market stunk today. Made booth rent..Lets hope tomorrow brings better luck. Very cold in the morn then it warms up after lunch to give ya the ahhhh feeling JUST TO GET COLD AGAIN! ahhh waiting for this flippin economy to quit going downhill..taking my amazon down with it grrrr...Boy you would think today was monday as cruddy as I feel </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to complain about the economy and I was talking to a market owner about it yrs ago.She said you better hope it gets worse.I asked her why.She said when money is better the customer go to the mall and when it gets worse they come here for a deal.Without missing a beat,she continued to say that it was "my" job to figure out what they wanted.Shortly after I changed from collectable dolls,birdhouses,etc,to salvage foods/snack foods.If you want to be a pro vendor,it is important to sell to what the cusomers want and not what you like to sell.So basicly I changed to their basic needs and not to what they wants.Their wants depends on disposeable cash and if you sell what they can't do without and build a following by being their every week,it builds a business.I listen to customers all the time and change to items within the "needs" area of food giving them what I don't have.It flattens out a income each week so I know what to expect each time I open.The other thing I think is important is the fact that I own every type of display fixture know to vendors.It is important to show what you sell in the proper way with the ease of set-up in mind.When I am really tired,I can set-up my bigger 10 x 20 spot in a hr or less and the smaller vendor trailer set-up in 15 mins or less.I work 5 days a week with about on average 6 hr work days.