Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #85

Yeah.. might ck it out this week..I never did finish pulling that panel off haha. I was VERY lazy today!

Walkerbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:15 PM   #86

Vintage RV Owners Club
I know what you mean, I didn't do anything this weekend but sit or lay down and sleep. I guess tomorrow i had better take that furnace out and see what was going on! may have enough time to do the back corners on the roof and the back where the lights are too! There not calling for any bad weather this week...Come to think about it they never do till wammm!!! May get the windows done too!! I need to reseal all of them. Not hard but time consuming!! If i can get that done,..I will feel lucky! Later,Dan

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #87

Well, again no work on the beast, but hey hubbys on vacation..Got to go to store WITHOUT kids yelling, I wanna push the cart, he's touching me, I want this, MOMMYYYYYY..And me in return, stop pushing, Keep your hands off the shelves OMG BOYS STOP!
And we got a a couple things for Christmas(gotta start early) AND on a better note, hopefully we have the travel trailer sold this week!!! It will be a relief to have that sold. I might miss our lil trailer..Now I got a big Winnie to deal with lol.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #88

Going to pick up Baby tomorrow and I will try to post pic's of the battery set-up.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #89

YAYAYAYAYYA PICTURES!!!!! I LOVE PICTURES(hey I am a girl lololol... Don't make me THINK about what it looks like) Good news, I got info back from Winnebago industries. They sent me the chassis info. Well the body info is for a 1977.. WHY IS IT I cannot find ANYthing on this model. People mainly have braves or Indians. And the 1 Chieftain I did find was 21 footer instead of a 26.. grrrr

Old 10-27-2008, 06:48 PM   #90

Vintage RV Owners Club
You are way to easy!!! half the fun is getting past the old adage they say when you drive in to the repair shop...you know...they say "I have never seen one like that before", yeah...You are running from them!!! You really know your in trouble when you pull into your neighborhood Winne-ship and they say a Chieftain?? Its soo fun with older homes!!!I love "mind masturbation tactics"!!! I remember when I told the guy I had a President 25. This at a Coachmen dealer and he just sat there like his brain went into Neutral!!! That blank stare is priceless!!! You stare right back in that same stare and he hasn't put the brain in gear....yet!!! And you say "yeah" and he is still in neutral!!! You are splitting at the gut trying to keep from laughing and rolling around on the floor...and he still hasn't got it...I walk out and the staff is watching you calmly walk out and open the door and you go inside your home on wheels and then you spend the next 10 minutes laughing soooo loud!! And gaining composing yourself you sit and wonder if you should go back in and see if the guy has put brain in gear...yet!!!! And then I say, " why not"!!!! So I go back in and he is still standing there with that blank stare and you walk back out and get back into your home and roll back and forth on the floor laughing so hard that you pass stone and almost split gut as you try and gain composure so they are not clued in on the joke... and that the joke is really on them to begin with!!! Like i said, I love them kind of days!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 06:30 AM   #91

HAHAHAHHA! We found a garage not to far from here that says it does RV's...hmmm Wonder if they know anything about this mysterious 1976 Winnebago Chieftain D26. DO I have the only one?? MAN Someone has got to have one like her. I looked and looked. If you ever looked at the pics closely, the front bumper is a foot away from the body haha. (dare a car to get in my way lol) JUST KIDDING! It is cold here again today. got below freezing last night. Funny thing about Oklahoma weather...Its gonna be 78 on Halloween..
I love the blank look..Cept when I have it(which is quite often.) And here lately I get it everytime I look at the beast haha. Man she has a story..And I WANNA KNOW IT! I think I am going to look up the origional owners..I have more info on them, than I do The Beast.
Ahh and the lady wanting the trailer...We might be selling it on Thursday!!! Cross our fingers and hope I have it sold!!
Please Please Please Please Please

Old 10-28-2008, 08:44 AM   #92
CQ

Glad to hear you're getting into it. Loads of new things you'll find out every time you open a new panel.
Also glad you were able to get the propane shut off. I'd still recommend replacing the valves on it, but I'm a real stickler for propane issues. Better to get it replaced now, than loose any propane to the wind. And when you do, be sure to test all the lines with soapy water when you re-install it. Not just the connections. and check for chafing on the through holes going into the body. Odds are everything is ok, but you'll sleep better knowing it for sure.
And yes, I know the list does get longer and longer, but eventually you'll have it pared down to a small novel and it will be little things you need done.
Let me know what you're after on that plastic part if all else fails and I might be able to lend a hand.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #93

Thanks. Stinks we are about to get really cold soon. Not much more time to work on it without freezin our bohonkus off. It is sitting right outside my garage so its not like I have to go to far to do anything.. But I am not freezing(see threads above when I say I LOATHE WINTER I HATE THE COLD) I don't even wanna get out of bed on a cold day lol.
Have not made it to the lil mom and pop place yet. Need to get there this week. Plate is getting fuller for the week haha. See that list lol. With hubby being on vacation, we are more enjoying the peace and quiet during the day..Motivation is to a minimum... off to get the caramel popcorn outta my teeth LOLOL (got enough to go around too if ya were all here hehe)

Old 10-28-2008, 05:36 PM   #94

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sounds like me back in the mid 90's right before we left Maine for here!!!! And back in 06-07 with my mother in law dying on us she waited till January!!! Like it kinda reminded us as to why we came out here!!! Had forgot how cold it gets there with that white stuff falling...Glad i moved to the southwest!
Old 10-29-2008, 02:41 PM   #95

Ok.. Went to one of the RV stores around here today.. Not much luck on the stupid Vent BUT did find lots of other stuff So we know where to go when we have the cash! heheh Will try another place maybe tomorrow..Well maybe not, Have to go set up for market, and then HOPEFULLY driving to go sell the trailer!!!!!!!!!! But there was lots of cool stuff. And after we pull off the toilet and check those springs to see if they are rusted or not, then we will know if we can just replace the broken piece or replace the whole thing.
But it was a very informative trip!

Old 10-30-2008, 06:36 PM   #96

Could this be an aftermarket addition? You said it looked like something from a semi truck? Perhaps it is.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #97

WHOOHOOOOO Sold the trailer today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So thats one less thing for me to worry about, and another bill paid.

As far as the part goes, I am sure I can get it from Winnebago themselves. But I think its one of those Hail the almighty Chieftain things. (sry we have been very sarcastic to this thing lately) After some more research we are finding, They did not make many of this so called top of the line Chieftain. And those vents were one of the bells and whistles to it. BUT even if we do find them, these things are plastic, and we all know what happens to plastic in the sun. SO we might find a metal fabricator, and have them specifically made(grrr) Or be lazy, call Winnebago and just order the things.
Off to bed.. Very long day tomorrow

Old 11-02-2008, 05:28 AM   #98

Hubby started up The Beast yesterday. He said its idling very high..SO yaya we get to see if its stuck open or not.. WHOOHOO..Maybe today I will get out there and see what I can tear up(well after going to the store and getting that stuff...called...FOOD!
HAHA will update at the end to see what I ca try to do today ROFL..hmmmm