Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2008, 10:52 AM   #99

Vintage RV Owners Club
If it is revving high, could be the choke system hanging up on the carburetor. another thing could be a vacuum leak! Those side vents..Check into a salvage yard and see if maybe they would have a couple of vents as they were made from steel. just an idea....Good luck and happy hunting!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2008, 03:54 PM   #100

We had that problem with ours. Carb cleaner fixed it. But we emptied the whole can in the process. I don't think the carb had ever been cleaned.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #101

Yeah we never did get out to that today..grr. Chase(the youngest) is sick. Has been since Halloween. But seems to be getting worse, not better..And when he is sick...Well throw in some cheese..the whine fest has begun.
Been trying to get stuff cleaned since I was gone for a couple days with the sale. Hubby has been on vacation. And well, not much productive lol. And now I get to spend the next couple days with a sick kiddo at home. Doctors appt is on Tues. So lets hope hes not really sick, that it is just the allergies making all this..OK we know its not all allergies but hey we can hope! He is suposed to have his surgery on the 14th..And well CAN NOT BE SICK!
Also we have to go get a fuel filter for the truck, and get that changed before it gets cold..I have to drive this everyday and so help me, if we get some dumb ice storm again and I end u without a vehicle to drive I will be ANGRY!On top of that so much to do on The Beast..MAN where can I find the time!?!?!?!
THis time change SERIOUSLY is killing me lol. I feel like I should be in bed already! And poor hubby goes back to work in the morn..
Ok, heres to a better more productive tomorrow

Walkerbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:16 AM   #102
CQ

Speaking of fuel filters, you'll want to replace yours as well as every rubber line in your fuel system. Seems that this 30 year old rubber doesn't like the new alcohol based fuels we're having to buy. The lines will swell almost shut and/or deteriorate and clog up the filters, at least fuel line is cheap. Do it sooner rather than later.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:01 AM   #103

Yeah need to do that too lol. Good thing we don't put the alcohol crap in our truck or the beast. But yeahhhh I need to go look at it and change that too..

Old 11-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #104

YAYAYA got the panel off(yep a hidden screw) And well behind it is...completely dryrotted. GREAT! So now need to figure out how to fix it. I am going to pull all the old dry rot stuff out. It all seems to be a paneling type. No insulation. here is a couple pics

Old 11-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #105

That's not dry rot. The window has leaked at some point. Also heavy condensation can cause that too. You can probably find some rot at all the windows.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:09 AM   #106

We found rot here and on the drivers side..Also know some back by the twin beds.(not as bad as this) I am thinking of going out today and pulling out more of the nasty rot. We know the window is leaking(have to get that fuzzy stuff and reseal the windows) I mean this could have happened over a long period of time, But considering 2 years ago this thing was kept in covered storage and well maintained(then the PO before us got it )I have a feeling the windows were left open quite frequently. We found pictures of when the PO before us bought it. The thing looked immaculate inside...Then go 2 years and see the damage. We have to say we do thank the PO for cleaning the dog poo we saw in the pics out haha. The difference in 2 years! Its amazing! You would think it was 2 different MH! Hope to get some of this taken care of and actually feel like I accomplished something.
Chris

Old 11-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #107

Vintage RV Owners Club
It don't take long for damage to show up in a rv!! Some of mine was from after the new roof was put on. That was last year about this time!!! I am now getting ready to start the rear corner repairs and the area around the taillights too! The paint is the hard part!! And that done I want to reseal all the windows and i got enough tape to do that...I hope!! Got plenty of things to do now if i can get going without the body going into revolt! If I can get the stove and sink and counter top in the kitchen done that will be a big dent in the job. That and the bathroom cabinet and new counter top.
A lot of that depends on how the elections go too!!! Guess will have to see how it goes, Dan
Old 11-04-2008, 04:26 PM   #108

I never did make it out to the beast today..After dropping oldest kid off to school early, had to come home, get youngest kid doing the schoolwork he missed from being sick on Monday, Then take him to school 45 min later, then go vote, By the time I was done cleaning part of my house, it was time to go pick youngest back up to take him to the doctor for his physical for his surgery on the 14th..And found out he had double ear infections. So then it was run back home, drop him off with hubby, then go to pharmacy and get antibiotic..By the time that was done it was time to cook dinner. Ugg this day was just CRAZY! And tomorrow does not look much better lol. Mainly cleaning because I have company tomorrow night. I really hope to get the minutes to go out there, and pull all that damaged stuff out right there. We were discussing getting that foam insulation I see others put in. (the pink foam lol) And then lacing a panel over that. Painting the fake door panels back brown and putting them back in. Ahhh a ton of work..

WAY TO GO ON ALL THE WORK YOU DID! GREAT JOB! Your moving right along!

Old 11-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #109

Vintage RV Owners Club
No excuse!! Get to work!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 03:43 AM   #110

ROFL! Well did ya hear about our rain yesterday?? Well lets just say IT WAS CRAZY! The hail and wind and rain, and tornado watched..man.. CRAZY! I did manage to get the house cleaned up for company, run to the bank, and then the rain started. And Im talking a downpour. ANd the garage decided to start having puddles lol. Ok so most of it comes under the door. Even more when you don't LOCK it. So out with the squeegee and shove the water back out the door lol.
Ok going to check and see what got soaked in the beast..HOPEFULLY NOTHING!

Old 11-06-2008, 04:21 AM   #111

Pics are posted.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #112

ugg Ok so well, Now my oldest is getting sick. We spent the day getting the house ready for the cold. Got the gutter back up, put shingles on roof.. and tried to get some of the kids crapola picked up out of the backyard. Then we had to make a visit to our lovely family hardware store(Lowes lol) and get some graffiti remover(umm removing something I did) Now I get to take care of sicko kiddo. Say YAY not..And then on top of that gotta get ready for youngest who has his mouth surgery Friday. MAN where does the time go??