Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

The Long, Long Trailer... ??

I was driving across town to pick up a friend today, when I spied THIS! I wanted to stop and look inside, but I decided to just take a couple of pics.

Lucy....is that YOU????

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #2

That is awesome. Your will power is outstanding... I wouldnt have been able to stop myself. Then "is it for sale" and "let me go to the bank" then lastly "ugh you brought home another camper?!?!?!" Would have all been said! Haha
TravisNuwa81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisNuwa81 View Post
That is awesome. Your will power is outstanding... I wouldnt have been able to stop myself. Then "is it for sale" and "let me go to the bank" then lastly "ugh you brought home another camper?!?!?!" Would have all been said! Haha
That is EXACTLY what I said... "That is AWESOME!!" My friend (not an RVer), thinks I am mental. Apparently there is some unrest in the neighborhood since the "project" showed up.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post

That is EXACTLY what I said... "That is AWESOME!!" My friend (not an RVer), thinks I am mental. Apparently there is some unrest in the neighborhood since the "project" showed up.
I hate prissy neighborhoods. When I had my 81 motor home in the street the city would spray paint my tire and ground to see if it had been moved. I got my 85 fifth wheel and nobody said or did anything. But I did have a grumpy neighbor move away.
TravisNuwa81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I was driving across town to pick up a friend today, when I spied THIS! I wanted to stop and look inside, but I decided to just take a couple of pics.

Lucy....is that YOU????

One of my DW's favorite movies (our kids bought that movie for us). She says that it reminds her of us!!!!!! UGGGGGG!!!!
Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Very cool, I would have had to stop too. I wonder if we can get you to see if they will let you take inside pictures? Looks like it has a new AC unit on the roof. Maybe late 50's Lucy & Rickey?
tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just For Fun View Post
One of my DW's favorite movies (our kids bought that movie for us). She says that it reminds her of us!!!!!! UGGGGGG!!!!
I bought that movie, too! I have read several interesting tidbits about the movie...like they started filming using a Mercury convertible to pull the trailer. When they began filming in the mountains, the Merc couldn't handle it and they had to switch to a Lincoln! Watch carefully and you can see the tow vehicle is different in some scenes.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:40 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Very cool, I would have had to stop too. I wonder if we can get you to see if they will let you take inside pictures? Looks like it has a new AC unit on the roof. Maybe late 50's Lucy & Rickey?
tb
All I had with me that day was my cell phone...so I couldn't even "zoom" in to get good photos from my car. I might go loiter in the vicinity and see if I can get more intel.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Cool thanks SarahW, Boy they sure didn't have many windows maybe a option?
Old 02-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #10

a friend of mine lives in a neighborhood with a home owners association and they told him i can't park in the neighborhood with my 32 foot PA cause it is bigger than a car
Old 02-23-2014, 07:07 AM   #11

Anyone who has a trailer like that will be proud to show it off. Stop in and ask.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:14 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Those old cans really had some nice lines.....Anyone watch extreme RV's and see some of the retro rigs being refurbished....really beautiful to begin with and adding a few modern amenities makes them real special.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:34 AM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronin069 View Post
a friend of mine lives in a neighborhood with a home owners association and they told him i can't park in the neighborhood with my 32 foot PA cause it is bigger than a car
They tried to do that in our city and it didn't happen.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:38 AM   #14
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
Those old cans really had some nice lines.....Anyone watch extreme RV's and see some of the retro rigs being refurbished....really beautiful to begin with and adding a few modern amenities makes them real special.
yep, Campbell really screwed the looks up now
laj is offline   Reply With Quote