Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:44 PM   #1
Tires befuddle me -87 Astro Allegro

I'm finally getting ready to role and rumble. But tires....Been doing lots of searching and talking to tire guys. I have 15 inch wheels. 235/75/15's (4) The ole brochure says weight is 7000 plus lbs.
State of Florida says 9100 lbs. (loaded?) ....I should be at this point....sic.
One guy says they don't make 15 inch E load (10 ply) tires. He says use C load. Another guy says he can get Hercules E load, yet the website doesn't list them. So until I can get some dependable answers, my ole MH will just hang out or take 20 mile fishin' trips along the intercoastal water way here in Sunny Clearwater, Florida. And I will continue making her look better inside and out. I have torn out the carpet and put down a very nice high quality vinyl, fixed leaks in the roof (aluminum) painted the walls a light pleasing blue, poly the woodwork, more to do...

Lorac (Carol spelled backwards)

Lorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2015, 07:43 PM   #2
Go to a scale and weigh your RV before spending money for heavier tires and rims to match their load rating. Only then will you have the knowledge to continue with tires.
To my knowledge only trailer tires are made in 15" size with load ratings higher than D.
Deestone - Boat Trailer Tires, Low Platform Trailer Tires I suppose they could be used on a vehicle, but virtually all have a maximum speed limit of 65MPH. The problem there is, where to find matching rims for both the tires and your RV.
I would suggest you investigate the possibility of changing to 16" rims and tires. This allows you to use load range E tires. You would need to locate 16" rims with the same bolt size and pattern, with the same size center hole, and with the same rim offset. One source for this will be an auto or RV salvage yard. The people who run these are an amazing source of such information.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote