Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2015, 05:14 PM   #1401

I have to leave tomorrow to make sure I get to the get together in time.

HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2015, 06:12 PM   #1402

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
HH, that's the best one yet!!
Old 03-02-2015, 06:04 AM   #1403

Praying for your speedy recovery Harley!!!!
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:51 AM   #1404

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
MK30, Thanks!!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:45 AM   #1405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
Careful now. You will have to put in an RV park for all of us.
Well, I do have two 30 amp and one 15.amp RV electrical hookups outside next to the shop, and a dump station. So I've got a mini RV park out there. We're just down the road from the Texas Motor Speedway so some of my old racing friends hang out with their rigs occasionally here on race weekends.

Oh and BBQ? Smoker. Got that too. Its one of those big ones built on a trailer. We move it around with the side by side 4 wheeler. With any luck I'll have the patio enlarged soon with an outdoor kitchen built on it. Just built one with my son at his house in San Antonio. Turned out nice.

There's a bunch of other features but I don't want to come off as a braggart.
Ya'll come!

Harvey I'll be thinking about you this week. Keep us up to date here.
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:16 AM   #1406

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post

There's a bunch of other features but I don't want to come off as a braggart.
Too late

Truly sounds like a sweet setup. Not dissimilar from my plans for the spread in OK. Will be a while yet as DW wants to travel quite a bit the first two years FTing. But I'll make sure to have accommodations for anyone passing by.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:58 AM   #1407

JSYK, I'm not one of those spoiled rich brats born with a silver spoon in my mouth. My Dad was a CMSGT in the Air Force.

I worked hard all my life, spent my money wisely, invested in smart stocks, and tried not to waste what I had on stupid stuff, just because I could.

We aren't rich, a visit to my house will attest to that, but I have been blessed! We do go for the Opulant Lifestyle like my wife's sister. But we're comfortable and happy with what we have.

I wear Blue Jeans and ragged T shirts most days.
I am definitly Blue Collar Class and proud of it, but I had more College than most of my Management I worked for.

Most of the STUFF I brag about I built or installed.

I am just happy to find a bunch of guys I enjoy talking to and have a lot of respect for here.

Like I said, if you're ever passing through North Central Texas and need a place along the route to crash for a night or two and make repairs to your rigs contact me. (Google my neighborhood, New Fairview Airport, Rhome TX)

We've got room and you'll be made to feel like family.

It's a Southern thing!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:07 AM   #1408

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Curtis your my kinda people.

Earned what I have, won some lost some. Spent wisely and didn't give a damn what the Jones' were doing/having. Better happy than cool.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:08 AM   #1409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
Too late

Truly sounds like a sweet setup. Not dissimilar from my plans for the spread in OK. Will be a while yet as DW wants to travel quite a bit the first two years FTing. But I'll make sure to have accommodations for anyone passing by.
Jay when you get a place picked out and are ready to built those "accomodations" let me know. I'll bring the wife and Big Girl and help you set it up.

I gots skillz!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:18 AM   #1410

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon All, Curtis, Thanks for the well wishes, I have a friend that has a similar setup for his garage, like you he has worked hard and always wanted a nice shop, you don't have to be rich just smart. I wasn't so smart, I had a nice shop (my auto/motorcycle repair business) and I retired and sold it . Now I don't think I want to build another here at home. May have to add on my existing small one that I have. Since talking with you guys in Texas I definitely have it on a visit list.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:23 AM   #1411

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Jay when you get a place picked out and are ready to built those "accommodations" let me know. I'll bring the wife and Big Girl and help you set it up.

I gots skillz!
Might just take you up on that. I would indeed welcome it. Already have a nice little patch just under 10 acres. A good deal of it pretty flat. Here's a view from the high spot in the middle looking east. The other 1/2 is behind where I was standing but I didn't snap pix of that. Planned home port for the coach will be on top of that high spot just for the view since it will also be our home even when not traveling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Farm 7.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	87543   Click image for larger version

Name:	Farm 8.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	87544  

Name:	Farm 9.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	87545  
Old 03-02-2015, 11:24 AM   #1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Afternoon All, Curtis, Thanks for the well wishes, I have a friend that has a similar setup for his garage, like you he has worked hard and always wanted a nice shop, you don't have to be rich just smart. I wasn't so smart, I had a nice shop (my auto/motorcycle repair business) and I retired and sold it . Now I don't think I want to build another here at home. May have to add on my existing small one that I have. Since talking with you guys in Texas I definitely have it on a visit list.
Terry, I know what you're talking about when you say your "small shop?
I built my motorcycles, Rock Crawlers parts such as axles, engines transmissions and bumpers in my 16' X 24' shop out behind my old house. Pictured below. Wish I'd kept that old Jayco Pop Up. So much cheaper to pull it out over the Motorhome.

Jay, what can I say other than, "Yeppers, that looks like OklaHoma"?
10 acres is a little more than twice the land I've got. Love it!
You can Tornados coming! So can we!
Here's my little "Double Wide" with the shop in the background.
(Notice all the Shade Trees )

And the view "North" off the front porch! And yes, that's a tornado forming. It set down about 10 miles east of us after it passed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Motorhome 004.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	87549   Click image for larger version

Name:	12 6 13  1.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	87550  

Name:	DSC01919.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	87551  
Old 03-02-2015, 12:02 PM   #1413

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
My small shop is 30X30 which is just big enough when I started out building dirt stock cars, then decided there was more money fixing street cars, so bought a nice shop down in civilization, home shop just didn't get used much after that, until now that I don't have that other shop I need to make it work. My toys have got bigger too, they don't fit anymore.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:32 PM   #1414

You guys are making me jealous.........Spent my life out on the road and never owned a patch of land.(Never had to buy a lawnmower either ! skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh )
rvpopeye is offline   Reply With Quote