Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:16 AM   #1457

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning Everyone. HH, your right, I like this nurse waaay better than the ones at the hospital, (but I can't complain, they were super) Eleanor has got to the point where she just shakes her head, she knows me all too well. Gordon, you are so right about the snow and warming up, its -3 here this am but the weatherman says it going to be in the 40's next week . Eleanor took wed thru fri off so I probably won't get to the TH before next week. Frank, DW sometimes just tries to mitigate the damage that could happen when I do stuff. Rail, you guys seem to know me all too well, thanks for the excuses!! I might need them . Slept better than in the hospital, too much hustle and bustle. Plus they won't let you out of bed unless a nurse or tech is there to help. Now I can start pt and get going

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2015, 07:42 AM   #1458

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Terry are you in the TT? That's a NO NO, Glad to hear your @ home, and recouping. Don't get hooked on any of the Soap's.
Have A great weekend Terry
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:53 AM   #1459

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Tim, nope I'm not the TH yet, And don't watch much television, so I won't get hooked on any "SOAPS" , Now that the OP is over I plan on have Lots of great weekends .
Old 03-06-2015, 09:11 AM   #1460

Terry, I think Rail's got your number.
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh
Glad they cut you loose right away.

2* here last night but at least no snow......I have noticed that all the big snow this winter has been blowing east to west but the last two this month have been west to east........and we are (hopefully) going to warm a little next week too,well, mid to high 30s anyway with teens and 20s at night , if anyone can call that a warmup !
Hope it all doesn't melt a once or we will be seeing flooding like out west.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:31 PM   #1461

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think Terry will go out to the TH when he can do so safely. If we get the warm up they are predicting it could be really slippery out by the TH with ice and water or mud. Terry wants this knee healed so he can ride his bike and get back to work. I don't think he will risk it that much if it is dicey outside.

Hope not anyway. Otherwise, I figure Monday when Eleanor goes back to work. Be careful Terry, that bike is a calling.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #1462

Winnebago Owners Club
I do not want to talk around Terry or give Terry advice. BUT . . .

Terry knows the danger of overdoing it and having to get things redone. It could extend the recuperation period by a mulitplication factor instead of days. I expect there will be carefull forays to the TH and shop to check things out. Possibly a bit of tinkering but nothing that will create stresses on the knee before it is ready.

I know that taking drugs will make it seem the knee is better than it probably is, that it is the drugs that helps the body repair itself faster and that taking the drugs and staying within the parameters provided by the Dr and physio folks will result in the fastest recovery and best results.

Having said all that I bet on at least 14 days before any serious work on the TH.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #1463

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Gordon,
I agree with the 14 days, but for weather reasons, lol, the way the temps have been, he will freeze the joint so it won't move.
Also, have a safe trip home.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:06 PM   #1464

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Frank;
I never thought of the cold affecting the joint.

Tongue in Cheek - I wonder if it is possible to go out and freeze the knee and then use it to sit your drink on to keep it cool while you wait for the knee to thaw out in front of the fireplace?
Old 03-06-2015, 06:22 PM   #1465

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Hey Gordon, what a great idea, I would have never thought of that.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:37 PM   #1466

Winnebago Owners Club
And women say men cant multi task!
Old 03-07-2015, 04:37 AM   #1467

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry probably created a slide out door that he could sit his drink in and push it outside to the cold and then pull back in to take a drink. Why endanger the knee?

Men can multi task when the two items to be tasked are of equal importance. Just like women do, otherwise, we do one thing at a time.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:04 AM   #1468

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Popeye Rail, knows the procedure well I think, Lynne, Gordon, Frank, your right all kidding aside I will push the PT techs to do what they can safely, they know me well, I have been there too often last three yrs, To answer about the cold affecting the joint, YES, I have screws and pins and the full replacements and they get cold before anything else, I'm 6' 1" 200 lbs. so not alot of fat to insulate. Last night was tough, I have figured I can't sleep in a bed so my recliner it is. I'm still trying to get rid of the medication effects from the hospital, stomach and head hate the feelings that the meds give you, I don't take much pain meds, I will split the pills so as not to take much at one time. Gordon, have a safe trip home, prayers out for Janet's quick recovery. 12* this am going up to 35* , weatherman says we might have turned the corner, I see some 40"s in the long term forecasts. Have a great day all.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:24 AM   #1469

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hello
Every body in Church?
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:25 AM   #1470

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning Tim, Nope not in church, just being lazy about getting on, doing PT in house, it takes me awhile to do everything that I want to do, tried the recumbent bike today can't quite get it all the way around but will work on it. some other machines I've looked at and said maybe later. setting here now with ice on the leg, gotta keep the swelling down to a minimum. catch all later.