Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2015, 03:53 AM   #1485

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Frank, yes that is a good feature on the fan with such tall ceilings. Gordon, I didn't get the rain sensor, I'm putting Max Air Covers on, as much to protect the fan from damage, I have had some covers ripped off in the winter wind ect. We are thinking of using the garage area when the bikes are not in. Tim, Very sorry you experienced the drug interaction, we are sometimes just ginny pigs, docs just can't come up with all combos. What you had is dangerous, had you made it outside or fell down some stairs ect. hope all is well today and you can get this settled. 26* today going to 45* may get some rain tonight, Rain? what is that? Have a great day all.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2015, 06:23 AM   #1486

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Hey Terry,
No Coffee
Along with the back comes Restless leg Syndrome The doc gave me some new med to take care of it but It must not have mixed well with one of my other meds. I awoke once leaning my forehead against the bathroom mirror. Jo woke me up standing against the living room wall just about to take a dive. Just a bad night. Not sure if its better going thru it all night or taking the med and have this happen..
And here I am tonight/morning @ 2:00 am on the computer.
Owell at least I am not going thru that again tonight.
Take Care and talk later today..
Tim
Back to the Dr. There should be another drug that achieves the desired result without the side effects. Hope it happens quickly.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:33 AM   #1487

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi Terry, how you doing? I hope the PT is going ok! Made it out to the TH yet?? Take it very easy the first couple of weeks, and don't over do it! I sure am glad the weather is warming up back there! Our trip back to the states will start the 25th of March! Coming up fast! My MH is in Phoenix, so the weather there will be great, but as we cross the country in the south, we will surly hit a lot of rain! It is when we turn the corner and head north, that we can encounter any kind of weather! We are talking about going to NYC for a couple of days, then Niagara Falls. Think it will be thawed out by then? I see you are getting a lot of items for your build, and like everyone else, waiting for you to get back at it!! We all sure have enjoy'd the ride so far! Take care!! Rail!
Old 03-10-2015, 06:56 AM   #1488

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi guys, I'm with you Gordon there is no reason to suffer like that, hope there is something out there for Tim. Rail, right now I'm doing self pt., I go back and see the Dr. on the 20th of this month, I expect at that time they will give me a scrip for "real" PT. When released from the hospital they give you a set of exercises, I'm doing them plus some more. I have not been to the TH yet, I have a weird personality, if I can't do something 110% I won't do it. If and when I get back to the TH I will be all in. You will have to let me know when you are heading to Niagara Falls, you will be going thru Albany, NY? or near I suspect, that is very close to me. I would love to meet up. Catch all later.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:50 AM   #1489

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning all,
Currently +37
Feel's like +31
Going to upper 50ties Low 60'ties
Coffee is from Yesterday but still going down well.
Terry,
Sorry your knee is bothering you. Better to leave the TH alone, Hate to hear you fell or something along those lines.
All most all the snow we had is gone but March is our snowiest month. It always seems to hit when the Basketball Finals are on. We will see if it will but it won't last long.
I will call the Doc and ask for something else. Your wright it could end in a tragedy. I wish that there was a cure for it but not yet. For those that haven't experienced it before let me just say its Hell. There's no pain but you can't control it. Your legs just need to move can't sit still. All most always early evening and all night long, just have to keep moving them.
Jo unburied the 64 yesterday in the Garage, put the charger on and I will see if she will fire off this morning. As much as I want to take her for a spin around the block I can't with all the salt down I'm going to put her up for Sale
Take Care everyone.
Happy & Safe Travels,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:09 AM   #1490

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Terry I so get what you mean about the 110%. I have the same quirk. Along with anything worth doing is worth doing right. Doing it right takes less time that doing it twice. Damn shame there wasn't more cloth on that bolt.

Glad you're in good spirits despite the discomfort. Hope you're sleeping better now.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:31 AM   #1491

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Morning Tim, Jay, Tim I can only imagine that discomfort, I had something similar when I was stopping pain meds for the fractured hip, it was not pleasant. Jay, I slept good last night, maybe because I didn't the night before, it will be an on and off thing, I expected it, anytime they kinda cut your leg up in a couple spots and hammer in a joint , its gonna hurt, you can see how they do it on line there is videos on it, yuk. It takes alot to get me down, there is always someone in worse shape than me, so how can I complain. Hope the work on the S&B is going well for you, reducing all your "stuff" has to be hard. Take care.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:44 AM   #1492

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Tim, I hope the Dr. gets you fixed up with the right meds! And everything works out! I bet there is a lot of salt on the roads up there! They are white I'm sure, I remember from my trucking days! Good luck selling your car!
Terry, take it nice and easy, and maybe we will be able to meet up in a mo. or so! That would be nice! Rail!
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:54 AM   #1493

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
It takes alot to get me down, there is always someone in worse shape than me, so how can I complain. Hope the work on the S&B is going well for you, reducing all your "stuff" has to be hard. Take care.
I have to say you have been an inspiration in that regard. When my hip joint gives me grief I think about what you are going through and I stop complaining and get back to it. Was going to get the hip done before we hit the road but have shifted to waiting until we get to our winter (warm climate) parking spot in the SE if I can. Don't want to waste the summer.

Things are going better as far as getting stuff done but I have my days. Ibuprofen is all I'm taking most of the time because pain meds last a long time in my system and they disturb my sleep. I'm an odd duck in that they get me wired. The injection really helped too.

Said goodbye to my smoker yesterday as it rolled down the road to a new home. Had it on Craigslist for 6 hours and I had a dozen people chasing after it. Three of them showed up @ 5pm and got into a bidding war over it. I shed a small tear as it rolled away. Then I started thinking about the new one I will build when we get to the ranch, looked at the cash in my hand and a huge grin crossed my face. DW looked at me and said "You are already planning the new one aren't you?" I said yes as she snatched the cash from my hand and put it in her purse.

Estate sale is coming up soon. Truth be told I'm glad for the spring cleaning. We've been getting ready for life in 400 sq ft by living in a small portion of the house. Amazing how much stuff you have you can live without. It does feel a bit like your whole life is heading out the door though. That extra cash will chase away the blues I'm sure.

Time for more coffee.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:52 AM   #1494

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hey guys, Rail, looking forward to it . Jay, thanks for the kind words, means alot. We must be wired alike pain meds don't get me sleepy at all, just want to go go go, it could be a dangerous situation but I'm not inclined for addiction ether, I don't smoke or drink. DW has always said I was a workaholic does that count? I think reducing your life to just a few items has to be real awaking. Take care
Old 03-10-2015, 10:29 AM   #1495

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I took a walk today, thought I'd include some photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0310150958.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	531.6 KB
ID:	88223   Click image for larger version

Name:	0310150958a.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	518.5 KB
ID:	88224  

Old 03-10-2015, 10:35 AM   #1496

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Just as well you had the knee done now. Wouldn't want to work in that anyway.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:45 AM   #1497

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Kinda what I thought.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:44 AM   #1498

83/86F & my air conditioner is humming right along.
HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote