Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2015, 05:50 PM   #1499

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, HH, The temps certainly sounds inviting, I would love to set out and soak up some sun. . Have a great night all.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2015, 07:44 PM   #1500

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
It is great, what we have been waiting for all winter. I am around 50 /60 miles SW of HH, so our temps aren't too different, he just gets a little colder for the lows and it lasts a little longer each night. Can't wait for you guys to join us down here instead of all that cold and snow.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:45 PM   #1501

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, Great pic's, the TH looks like she is waiting for you! You be very carefull out on the snow, Never heard of a butt replacement!
I would like the 80's temps for sure, here it is close to 100* every day, glad I am used to it now, but it is still hot! Take care! Rail!
Old 03-11-2015, 03:45 AM   #1502

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Frank, I agree I could use that sun and warmth right now, its certainly better than it was but I still can't sit outside (and enjoy it). Rail, I think 100* is hot anywhere you are, you better bring a parka its gonna be cold . Have a great day all.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:47 AM   #1503

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

Won't be too much longer and the only white in those pictures will be your TH. What time of year did you have your other knee replaced? I figure this something (when you can plan it) you plan around good weather so you can enjoy the good weather. Were you still working then?

I know it will continue to improve so when it does change color out there you will be close to healed. Take care.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:38 AM   #1504

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
WOW,
Terry you have way more snow than we had and after yesterday +64 there is not much of it around. Boy, I would have had a blast plowing that amount of snow with my Cub Cadet.... Let me know I be over with it. So Far we have been missed, but March is our snowiest Month. ;}
Thanks for the Pic's Looks Nice. I wished I had lived in the Country. I guess I will be when we go FT.
I had the crap again yesterday evening so I tried just 1 pill and it worked well. I'm aloud to take 3 and it helped and I didn't have the results as I did when I took 2. I slept 6 hours and only got up once I slept in the MH and that might have had a affect. Do ya think!. I remember the first trip we got up the first morning and a couple gals from Tx asked how I slept? I said wonderfully, she said Then its a Keeper, I'll never forget that.
Going to be in the 50ties today and they say not as warm as yesterday??? Hey it was 20 below just last week anything above Zero is warmer...
A bunch of Daffodils, Crocus and Tulips poped up yesterday on the west side of the house."Spring has sprung,The Flowers have begun" I'll have to check the Rhubarb and see if it came up.
The 64 popped off too. Nope Didn't leave the driveway, you said it, the streets are white and if you get passed by a Semi on the Freeway its a White out with Salt Dust. You can taste it too. Yuck
We are going to start selling this spring 56 years of stuff plus some of the parents stuff to get rid of. No Kids to be fighting over it. Just a Nephew and A few Nieces.
That's all I have.
Take Care, Have A Great Day,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:07 AM   #1505

Good Morning!

Going to get a chance to ride one of my motorcycles again today.
Grand Son day!
Temps should be in the upper 60's.
Then rain later around 10 PM.

Been working on the heavily modified 4X4 Rodeo.
Need to pull one of the 3 transmissions, flush out the fuel system then replace the fuel pump.
Probably won't finish it all if I go scooter riding. But that OK.

Priorities doncha know?
Old 03-11-2015, 10:02 AM   #1506

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - your yard wins! It has way more snow than ours.

Fortunately it will go fast once the overnight temps stay above freezing. Our overnights are still below so there is a lot of ice where the snow has been plowed and a good crust on the snow that is untouched.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:24 AM   #1507

Hey Curtis I will actually be going through your town this evening on my way to red river nm ....leaving about 330 from huntsville trying to make it to childress for an overnight....will have to honk as I go through...lol

Yall take care and those up north try to thaw out soon...
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:37 AM   #1508

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Lynne, my first knee was on May 1st, 2013, by June I started riding an old Sportster to help build up my knee for the heavy one. I was still working, driving school bus, so took the end of the school yr off and also had all summer, so I could pass the physical tests, which consist of pulling 80lbs like 20 ft jumping from the back of a bus, some other stuff mostly to make sure you can move in an emergency, I think its a federal law. Tim, last time (yesterday) I measured 36" on the flat, it stayed at 38* last night so alot went last night and its 45* as I write this, can't go soon enough, although it'll bring the mud. Curtis, I'm sooo jealous I'll be another good month before I would normally ride, I wait for the salt and sand to get off the roads before I take the Harleys out, I should be able to ride by then !! Keep it between the ditches, check the air in them tires!! Gordon, that's a contest I don't want to win , The sun is real strong this time of yr so it won't last long. Sitting with the leg up today must have done too much yesterday, it was swelled up alot last night, and is very stiff today so I'm taking it easy, let it settle down and go at it again. Thought I'd throw a pic of my old sporty, this the one I'll take out first, its alot lighter, although its got a pretty good kick. bored as big as it will go, ported and polished heads and agood set of cams to boot, its fooled alot crotch rockets .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0527131713-00.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	88338  
Old 03-11-2015, 04:05 PM   #1509

Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Well it took me all day before, during breaks and after working on my water damaged Class C remodel but I read this entire thread start to finish. All I can say is WOW! My project seems much more attainable after seeing what you've done. Can't wait to see the final product and good luck in your recovery. Kathleen
Old 03-11-2015, 06:05 PM   #1510

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Kathleen, Welcome Aboard ! Thanks alot, a fellow NY'er ! Every project has it's own challenges, I have helped on some MH recoveries they are tough, just take it one step at a time, it can be overwhelming and so satisfying at times. Chime right in if you have any questions or solutions to any problems I'm having, we have a great bunch here. Lynne won't feel so alone now. Have a great night.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:18 PM   #1511

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

Have never felt alone but welcome Kathleen. I have enjoyed this thread. I love taking something rough and making it pretty again. It is very rewarding. Watching you do your TH and watching others doing their projects has been very interesting to me.

Someday I will have a MH. Perhaps I will replace the window treatments or not, redo the couch and table bench set. Don't know yet. I have been looking at older rigs because I just like them. Will find it and make it mine eventually. Have a great day and take care of that knee. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:27 PM   #1512

I honked Curtis hope ya heard me...lol
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote