Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:47 AM   #1513

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Back in the freezer, well...... not real bad 27* but they are predicting some snow this weekend, not a super storm but........another uncomfortable night, lots of ice trying to get the swelling down, worked a little. Have a great day.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2015, 06:05 AM   #1514

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome aboard Kathleen, we work camp at the park we stay at for the winter months, but not for the summer months.
Terry, hope that the swelling goes down soon and that you can get on with the rehab.
Lynne, sorry to hear that your knee isn't going to wait on your retirement. Maybe you are being told that now is the time to retire?
Gordon, Glad to hear that you made it home ok.
Rail, Front is done on the Dolphin, now on to the back.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:26 AM   #1515

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Kathleen
Terry are you over doing it?
I know "No Pain No Gain You Know your limits.
65 Above Yesterday, Washed the MH yesterday in the Driveway they say 70 today:
Are we still in March? I took her out on a run yesterday and I lost count seeing Motorcycles
64 still in the garage still too saltie. We need a couple heavy rains to get rid of it then I'll take her out.

Fastglass69,
How ya doing down there? Miss the snow? You and the Misses getting some R&R?
Take care all,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:48 AM   #1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohler30 View Post
I honked Curtis hope ya heard me...lol
I thought I heard you. But the railroad has the tracks 8 miles east of us closed for road construction so the tracks a mile west of my house has been real busy with double traffic.

So it could have just been a train horn I heard. I dunno!

As you drove North of Rhome on 287 you passed within a mile and a quarter of my place. We're off the 407 exit to Justin 2 miles north of downtown Rhome.

Had I known, I'd have rode over the bridge and waved as you passed under.

Wow, Huntsville to Childress! What an ambitious drive. For you east coast folks that like driving distance of New York City to Chicago. Texas is a big State. It takes 2 days to drive across it.
When I drive the 2 day trip to Los Angeles from my house I spend the first day trying to get out of Texas. Usually stopping in Van Horn for the night. Then NM, AZ and CA the second day.

Good Morning all. Going to go ride the Big Yamaha with the guys today up to our local greasy spoon in Oklahoma for lunch. Weather is good west of I 35 today.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:00 AM   #1517

Got to childress at 1030 last night now in Amarillo headed to red river new mexico for the weekend
Old 03-12-2015, 10:58 AM   #1518

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohler30 View Post
Got to childress at 1030 last night now in Amarillo headed to red river new mexico for the weekend

Melissa and I love Red River NM. We usually stay at the Roadside Campground west of town about 3 or 4 miles, next to the river. Sometimes we tent camp there and use the showers at the RV Campground on the edge of town. It's the first one you pass coming in from the West. So cool to have the river babbeling all night 10 feet from your tent. It's a small place so getting the Big Girl parked in there is a challenge.

We ride the Dual Sport Bikes up into the Mountains to the lake aove town on the Southside. (Opposite the Ski Slopes.)

I'm Jealous!

See Ya'll, I told he was ambitious! Childress by 10:30 PM. That's a loooong boring drive.

Headed out for lunch now! Varoom Varoom!
Old 03-12-2015, 11:11 AM   #1519

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Tim, I'm not pushing too hard, (I don't think) its just the nature of the beast, it takes time to heal, its a balancing act between doing the PT and letting it heal. If you don't do the PT the joint will get stiff and lose alot of range of motion rapidly, then it takes that much more to get it back. It sounds like spring has really come to your area . glad to hear it. it keeps teasing us here, its 27* today and very windy and going to get a little more snow in a day or so. Curtis, I've drove truck thru Texas and it takes forever it seems to get thru it . It sounds very interesting I never spent any time there just drove thru. Now I'm jealous! taking the bike to lunch! MK30 love to be traveling too . Catch all later.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:12 AM   #1520

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, 13* this am, they were saying snow but now its going to be rain (so they say) tonight and tomorrow. My solar panels should be here tomorrow or Monday, more pieces of the puzzle. Have a great day all.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:08 AM   #1521

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mornin!

It's 42 in MI this AM and it is supposed to snow today?? Think the weather man got drunk last night at least I hope he did. Don't want that cold crap back. The warm up has been a nice break though and we know it could still hit us, never confident until May hits. We also could use some rain to wash off the salt dust and drive the last of the snow off. I think our roads will be breaking up pretty badly this year though. They aren't good now.

When I was a kid we tent camped. Five kids and Mom and Dad. My Dad was a Boy Scout and we camped a lot. Loved It! We went to Yellowstone first week of August. All summer clothes because it was August right. 10 inches of snow fell through the night and caved the tent in on top of us. All got up, cleaned the snow off and threw a couple snow balls and put tent back up and went back to sleep. We about froze. God I have some great memories as a kid. My parents were great!

Hope you all have a great day, see you tomorrow, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:11 AM   #1522

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Terry,
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:24 AM   #1523

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Fed Ex tracking says that my Solar panels are on the truck for delivery today . The Fantastic Fan should be here next week. Some freezing rain this am, hope it don't slow the FE driver. Lynne, we didn't "go" camping as kids, my father was a third gen logger, so as kids we grew up in the woods, sometimes we just stayed several days in the woods in the summer, we didn't think too much of it, it's just something we did. My grandfather lived in logging camps in the Adirondacks, now that was real roughing it, and super dangerous, guys got killed or mauled every year, he had some stories that would put your hair on end. Tim, I see on the weather channel you guys are warming, that's great. catch all later.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:32 AM   #1524

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Terry;
This is better than Christmas! I always find the delivery of 'parts' to be really exciting. The installation sometimes sucks but the result is always satisfying.

I hope the knee is starting to come around.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:25 PM   #1525

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Gordon, I think Santa drives a UPS/FedEx Truck, he almost always brings me what I want. Only got one solar panel today even through all was shipped same day same place don't quite get that but ok can't put them on today anyway. At least with one I can play with some meters and make sure they are what they are supposed to be (now if the sun would shine) My knee will get there, it's always slower/more painful than I want, but I have always been a big picture type, the end justifies the means, or something like that. temps here are in the middle 30's rainy. spring is still just knocking and won't come in. Have a great day all.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:36 PM   #1526

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Just means he will be back on Monday. Christmas day all week @ Terry's

1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote