Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2014, 05:59 AM   #141

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

I now what you mean about winter yuk ! I had to take an early retirement because of my "younger days" and my abuse on my body. Two jobs most of the time, just go go go. But now I can slow down and build travel trailers LOL.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2014, 06:22 AM   #142

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
bap,

It appears, from your pics, that your garage is open correct? Hope so because living in the trailer without air flow is dangerous from what I have seen posted here. Wouldn't want anything to happen to you and your DW. Love the pics of your garage and throwing blades. I love shooting and find it very relaxing.

We are all enjoying this thread and the pics. Perhaps when my DH and I buy next year we will post info on what decision we finally make. Keep present S&B or build a new pole barn with garage for MH and apartment for us.

Harley1499, It's always great to help a friend. He will get involved in yours and you won't be alone anymore.

Look forward to following both of you now. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:07 AM   #143
bap

yes it,s open but the wood working shop is closed in and will have an exhaust fan out the back...my DW has the image of our vintage tt parked sideways in the middle and it will have a huge coverd porch with plenty of room for our new found hobby of restoring the vintage tt,s-we currently have a 68 aristcrat landcommandor and a 50s GTA.,
and yes we wouldnt want to enclose our living spot but it will stay nice and dry with good ventalation....

i dont want to /what they call hyjacking/ harley,s thread his build is awsome...and i cant wait to check on him every morning before i start work and every evening when the day is done....
thank you Lynne, for your kind words,,,as for our throwing it,s as relaxing as shooting but without the cost of ammo...lol
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #144

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

No problem, Bap and Lynne, its kinda like a conversation between friends. I did get the nose skinned, still have some work to do, have some spots to smooth out, but now its on to the roof, waiting for everything to come in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0920141308.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	74405  
Old 09-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #145

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's looking good Terry! Everything you finish is just great to see.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #146

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Thanks ! I got it covered again , supposed to rain sometime sunday. I hope roofing material comes in soon, the weather is supposed to be excellant mon thru fri next week, it would be nice to not have to cover it
Old 09-20-2014, 05:24 PM   #147

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

I forgot to post the latest pic. Still no windows or doors yet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0920141505.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	380.4 KB
ID:	74430  
Old 09-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #148

You got so much acreage on the side of your trailer, I can see a 60" LCD TV somewhere on the outside to enjoy those games/movies while camping.

Just like everybody else, I'm enjoying the pics of your build.
JaycoEagle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:06 AM   #149

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

I have seen those entertainment systems in trailers, I don't know if I would ever use it ? I personally don't use a radio, tv ect that much at home, my wife and I ride motorcycles (40+ yrs.) so right now we plan on being able to drive the 5th wheel to a campsite and staying to tour the area by bike. I guess if it was raining........
Old 09-21-2014, 06:33 AM   #150
bap

it looooks huge without the door and windows cut out yet,,, i glad you got the nose covered and hopefully this will be the last time you have to drag the tarp,s over it..
i know what a pain that is,,,we had a 90,s something southwind that had a small leak and i had to cover it everytime it rained,,finally fixed it then turned around and sold it after we had lived in it for a year..,,lol
Old 09-21-2014, 06:55 AM   #151

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Yep, hopefully everything comes in for the roof this week or next and we can get that on, then its move on into the interior and the rear ramp.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #152

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Pulled the old axles out today, we will be replacing them with all new ones, and adding one. And I pulled the old holding tanks I will replace them also, and move them up in front of the axles. Was a chance of rain still this am so I didn't uncover, very windy and cold today anyway. Tomorrow is supposed to be better.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0922141515.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	639.6 KB
ID:	74626   Click image for larger version

Name:	0922141524.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	581.6 KB
ID:	74627  

Old 09-22-2014, 07:52 PM   #153
bap

you made another good productive day, weather for our area is like low 50s in the morning to high of 66 today but we have had it steady in the 70s ..goodworking weather but it wont last long it starts getting cold and wet the 2nd week of october and stays that way untill december rarley like last year we had mulitple days sub zero,, but usual winters of 20s an 30s..not rerally bad, thats one of the reasons i like kencky weather u get a good dose of each season lol,,did any of those old bolt give ya any trouble, i always run in to at least one siezed up bolt tighter than tight,,,i usually soak them in PB blastefr and let them set for as long as i can, then for the tougher ones heat with a torch and last but least cuttem off, belive it or not i dont own a saws all,,,just a good ole dewalt hacksaw....lol...i burnt my cutoff grinder up along time ago and just havent replaced it yet..

goodwork on what you got done on a nasty day..
Old 09-23-2014, 03:42 AM   #154

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
rebuild

Another morning at 33degs here, but all week is supposed to be days in the 70's so it should be a good week. today will be going over the roof area getting ready to put the roof membrane on. I just cut off the ubolts holding the axles, I never reuse them anyway. the backing plate bolts were easy break loose and turn off with my fingers, this trailer had no miles on it so no corrosion. I used to run a tractor trailer down to Moorhead, Kentucky once or twice a week, loved the area. Of course that was 30 yrs ago.