Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:08 PM   #1583

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Great stories all, nice to hear all the different ways of treating our mutually favorite drink. Gordon I have always drank my coffee black, it seems it was always something I drank to keep going doing something, now it seems that even when I drink coffee it does nothing for keeping me awake, I think I have absorbed more than my share when younger. Thinking of putting my sidehack on to extend my riding, I could get going much sooner if I don't have to put my leg down. Curtis I need your shop.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2015, 05:34 PM   #1584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
You should start a thread of your repairs we like to see what others are doing.
Will do!

I started a thread on another RV forum a year ago, but it didn't ever get much traffic. I'll copy it over here.

We're currently getting it ready for a week in S. Utah with the kiddos and another family for spring break.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:16 PM   #1585

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Randy,
Welcome aboard. You will find a friendly group here.
MT4Runner,
I agree with Terry. We look forward to your post on your rebuild.
Curtis,
I used to make a pot and have my 1 cup before leaving for work, then cool the rest and put it in a Tupperware bowl with lid and in the fridge, next day put a cup full in a pan and then heat it on the stove, but be careful not to boil it. Didn't care for the microwave. Now we just make a cup at a time with the Keurig, using the same coffee as the drip pot, not the cups.
Terry, Glad that you got the good to go from the Doc. I just can't make myself drink it black, I just have to add a little creamer, milk, cream, half and half etc. just turn it like mud. I guess its just a mental thing, lol.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:41 AM   #1586

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, MT looking forward to seeing your restoration, Frank yet another way to enjoy a cup of our favorite brew, well its not snowing this am yeh!, baby steps. Have a great day all.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:20 AM   #1587

Thanks for the encouragement, Terry and Franka,

Thread posted:
MT4Runner's 1992 Four Winds 29' C renovation

I will add more photos today.

Off to find coffee. I like it black. I don't care if it's drip, Keurig, Americano, perked, or cowboy coffee, but do prefer it to be from decent beans. Folgers if it's an emergency!
Old 03-21-2015, 09:33 AM   #1588

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm in the same Motor-home, brew, leave on warmer as the day goes on I just add a little water and then re-warm. Down the gullet it goes.
No cupachino, you know.
Speaking of Coffee I need to go upstairs and get a refill,
Later,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:56 AM   #1589

Well I'm finally awake! I'll get out of bed after I type this.
Terry I missed the part about the hack. Funny you said that. I just took my Dauntless off my KLR.l two weeks ago. Thinking of picking up another bike I don't love as much as I do the KLR to put it on later.

Melissa heard me talking about this coffee topic we're having, and SHE decided we needed a new coffee maker in the house. I told her I'd take to old one out to the shop so I would have to climb up in the motorhome to use that one. That nasty coffee maker will fit right in out in the shop.

Well.its supposed to be overcast and scattered showers all weekend so i guess I'll just work on my taxes! Yuck!
Ya'll have a blessed day.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:22 AM   #1590

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
MT enjoyed your remodel thread. Nice work.
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #1591

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey All;
Coffee was great this morning. Laid in bed until late. Felt decadent. Snowing outside. Not enough at the moment to warrant anything more than shoveling the deck and the pad.

Going to make french toast and bacon for brunch. Then some work on a cranky computer.

Great day everyone.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:51 PM   #1592

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Nice job on the remodel MT, you have some great ideas and gret insight on some of the problems some of us might have.
Terry,
I won't tell you that the weather has been mostly sunny and in the upper 80's with lows in the low to mid 60's, perfect pool weather and great sleeping weather at night.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 02:38 PM   #1593

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, MT glad I'm not the only one that drinks my coffee black, DW puts that flavored stuff in yuck. Curtis, I need to do my taxes too, DW does it, much more ""paper oriented" then me. you always need a coffee pot in a shop, not complete until. I've rode a hack on and off for yrs, got my buddy riding one also, when the new Harley factory opened in York, PA my Harley and sidecar was the first bike on the new concrete, parked right by the door. Gordon, is it too late for brunch? love french toast, I'll bring the maple syrup. Frank, I'm glad you didn't tell me the weather is beautiful . have a great afternoon all.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:42 PM   #1594

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Curtis, Had to dig for this one, this is the sidecar on a Harley FXR which is bored, cammed, and the heads done. The bike is now separated from the hack and is undergoing transformation into a bagger for DW. The hack has been (in this pic) sectioned four inches, wasn't really designed to be for a passenger, it's a trunk to carry luggage in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0027.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	427.5 KB
ID:	89172  
Old 03-21-2015, 04:02 PM   #1595

Winnebago Owners Club
Looking forward to going for a ride with you and Eleanor at some time in the future. Think it would be great.

I have been known to be able to repeat some of the cooking events. I had a crusty Italian loaf and it just screamed toast. We have home made raspberry syrup to go with the maple syrup. We just need to be able to organize a convenient time to get together. I am thinking there is a possibility next fall.

I checked out MT thread. Boy he has done a lot to his MH. Nice work and it will be prime when he is done.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:36 PM   #1596

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, X2 here love to ride, I'm not much of a cook but I do like to eat . Be good to meet up, sounds like a good time could be had. MT, fits right in here, looks like he's done a great job so far.