Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2015, 05:16 PM   #1597

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Liking this nicer weather up here in Michigan

This was the road yesterday afternoon when we went to look at a MH. Only a bit of snow left in the areas where they plowed big piles. Haven't been to this thread in a while and wow, a lot going on.

Glad the knee is better Terry but it seems like the rest of us are falling apart. Hope everyone gets better.

I make one cup only and add cream and honey!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mi today driving.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	89187  
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2015, 05:43 PM   #1598

Terry... I stumbled across you rebuild project tonight and I couldn't stop reading it. What a terrific job you have done so far and I'm sure the finished product will be a work of art. I live just below you (Owego, NY) and I know this winter has been a real challenge for all of us. I'm 64 and I can remember winters like this all the time when I was a kid so I guess as I've gotten older my tolerance for the cold and snow has diminished. Sounds like you got you knee done at the right time and by the time the snow melts you'll be roaring to go again on your project. Would love to take a ride up sometime this spring on my "Wing" and see your TH. GREAT JOB TERRY !!!
Super14j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:21 PM   #1599

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Lynne, those roads look very nice, still have a foot or so on the lawn, where there is no snow there is mud. Super14j, welcome aboard! Thanks appreciate it. Yup your right winters were pretty tough back in the late 50's< (I didn't like'm then ether) When the roads get better (they will won't they?) hop on the bike and come on down, just a short trip down 88, My way back family comes from Deposit, NY that's even closer to you. Hop in here anytime! have a great night all.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:06 PM   #1600

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome Super14j

While you are losing snow it must be recondensing up here. We have about 5" and are expecting snow tonight and tomorrow. I rationalize we need the moisture but some spring rains would be just as good.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:01 PM   #1601

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
That view will look much better out the windshield of your new to you MH.
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:30 PM   #1602

If you show up at Terry's bring your tool belt & prepare to try to keep up with the bionic man.

OR

Wait till the coffee maker & beer frig are installed before showing up.
HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:12 AM   #1603

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Gordon, I would much rather have rain for sure, (it usually means its warm), I'm with you didn't go out at all yesterday. Lynne, I watch a Vlog on You Tube Called "Trucker Josh" he's an over the road trucker from Canada and goes thru your state alot, it looks just like that thru his windshield, he's a goof with two dogs, an older one and a puppy. HH, you know when I watched the Bionic Man on TV I don't remember all the PT that I am doing, I want his surgeon, . Still cold here 14* this am, they say its going to warm up next week, I hope so, my fingers are getting cramps from being crossed. Have a great day, all that talk about bacon.....that's what I'm having now.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:31 AM   #1604

Good morning Terry and gang.... Hot coffee and bagels before services this morning and by the time that's all over they tell me that I will be plowing 6" of fresh white stuff...

I won't be pushing it out onto the lawn though - it's thawed out and the snow plow will tear it up pretty bad.. So I will have a narrow driveway for a while..
Old 03-22-2015, 06:37 AM   #1605

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Just ask Bobby how nice it is here, the pic in my avatar was taken when we backed in our site on the 1st of November 2013, we moved to a different spot a little later because my slide was sticking out into the road.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:04 AM   #1606

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We haven't had snow for going on 2 weeks, so we are getting 1-3 today and 1-3 tonight.
Drank coffee with Cream/Sugar most of my life but started drinking it Black while boating , and now prefer it that way.
New Pot being brewed.
Have A Great Day, if ya can.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:21 AM   #1607

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Guys, Just got done with self imposed PT, its a round of several exercises, I have a full gym here at home, I have collected equipment over the yrs as I needed it, I have spent over 30 yrs in some form of PT for something, not that I'm accident prone its just the form of RA that I have, its always trying to stay ahead of it. Sounds like you guys out west are still getting winter, seems it doesn't want to give up. Frank, good thing you moved I'd hate to have some errant driver go thru my living room . I thought I would share some photos from a couple yrs ago, this time. the one is rescuing a neighbor from snow that covered his house and his door opened out so he could not get out, we tunneled in to him. the second is the MIL running out of room to put the snow, just trying to put things in prospective, it could always be worse, (and has been).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GEDC0446.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	89233   Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0418.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	89234  

Old 03-22-2015, 07:26 AM   #1608

Yeah Terry, that does put it into perspective alright...

We have some family and friends in the Boston area and their butts have been gettin' kicked all winter... Other than just getting brutally cold for a month at a time here in MN, we have gotten off the hook pretty easily..
Old 03-22-2015, 08:58 AM   #1609

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning all of you who seem to be back in the sweltering temps above freezing. Just ot make you feel special and warmer I am adding a photo taken from the bedroom this morning looking out on our front yard and driveway. Hope you do not feel overheated. LOL

Name:	Mar22_15snow_shedfromMBr.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	89247

Supposed to stop around noon so will be out for a bit with the tractor to push it back onto the piles that are still there.

Agree with the rain being warmer. Rain always seems to fall on me when I least need it. I have a story about building the shed where rain is a predominant factor. Too long to share here but one day.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:55 AM   #1610

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Terry, the only PT we saw of Steve Austin was in the opening credits. Better, stronger, faster.

Since ya'll are putting up snow picks, these are from last winter when I was in the Poconos.

In the 2 RV shots you see before/after one days snow (January I believe) 84 Georgie Boy, 440 gasser foreground. 95 HR class A gasser background. Both long gone.

Next a Saturn Outlook and another Jeep Grand Cherokee right outside the door. Good thing the snow blower was also outside the door under cover or there would have been a lot of digging.

The the deck. BTW that railing is 5 feet high. And it just kept snowing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Before snow.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	89252   Click image for larger version

Name:	rv burried.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	89253  

Name:	SUVs.jpg