Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:59 AM   #1611

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ok guys, see what I mean, don't we all feel sooo much better? When I look out I can see dirt that means it IS getting better, (I think )

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2015, 11:37 AM   #1612

Winnebago Owners Club
This will likely just be the beginning of more "weather" for us. We have had some serious blizzards as late as the end of May.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:16 PM   #1613

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, that's way to late for me, while we have gotten snow in April that is an anomaly. It can be colder than I would like to ride, there will be days that are really nice, and we take off for a day trip, (for us that could be 300 or so miles), we once rode thru four states in a big loop and back home, we don't ride fast just steady. Last year I was set to do a Iron Butt ride but when I fractured my hip that went out the window, gonna give it a couple of years and try it again. Hope you start getting rain to ease up the drought we don't need any more snow.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:13 PM   #1614

Retired Fire Service RVer's
I wish you guys would quit swearing like that, that 4 letter word that starts with s and ends with w, I told DW that I am going to do my best to NEVER see that stuff again in person the rest of my life.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:44 PM   #1615

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Those snow pictures just scare me. I don't even want to think about getting more of that stuff. Sorry you guys are getting it, I really feel for you. It's cold today but sunny and no snow. Hope you that are out West get some rain soon and a good amount of it.

Frank, any view out my MH will be better. It will happen eventually. I just have to be patient.

Have a great day all, stay warm. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 02:36 PM   #1616

Winnebago Owners Club
Well it is not too bad. When I first started working I was a crew chief on a survey crew. We spent the winters surveying proposed alignments for new roads or rebuilding roads so we spent a lot of time outdoors - in the cold and snow.

I had two options and the one I chose was to find winter sports to engage myself. Ended up trying curling, snowmobiling and skiing. I still ski every year and really look forward to it. It also seems to make the winter pass faster.

I work on the premise that if I cant change something try to find something to enjoy about it. Anyway I spent a couple hours on the tractor pushing snow around. Still exhilarated.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:21 PM   #1617

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Frank, I can't say that I blame ya, if I didn't see cold or snow it wouldn't hurt my feelings. Lynne, it'll be over soon (I hope). Gordon, I had a couple of customers that worked on survey crews for a pipeline, I would not want the job, you earn your money for sure, heat in the summer cold in winter. Temps didn't get above 19* today, with some pretty good winds, supposed to warm next week. I need to go Monday to the official PT office and set up a few weeks of PT, I asked the Doc for a scrip, they know how to push me so I can't wait, its not pretty that's for sure but....... Have a Great night.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #1618

Winnebago Owners Club
There is something to be said about being in the warm and choosing to go back to the cold for recreational activities. Makes it less traumatic than having to deal with the snow and the cold on a day to day basis.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:24 AM   #1619

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
OK, I have seen enough snow pic's!!! We are leaving in two days, Flying back to PHX, to pick up the MH! And all I am seeing is snow?? Nah, 91* in Phoenix when we get there!! I guess I will have to stay south and west till all this nonsense gets out-of-here!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0124 (2).jpg
Views:	44
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	89319

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0125 (2).jpg
Views:	48
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	89320

These were taken 3-25-13 about a month before I came over here! (Thailand) I do not miss it!
Old 03-23-2015, 04:18 AM   #1620

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Gordon, Your absolutely right about being warm and going into the cold, as long as there is warm to go back to!! Rail, not all is lost warm it decides to warm it will fast. Will you be on the computer while you are traveling?
Old 03-23-2015, 05:21 AM   #1621

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well if I had a Picture I would share it but we only got 5 inches so its not worthy.
I wish we had snow's like yours, but all we get is the cold. 1978 had just bought a new Ford Granada first winter 65 below wind chill can't remember the actual temp but it started. That's the coldest I've been thru and most snow Halloween 91, 28 inches. Buried my parents 76 LTD 1/2 block from home in the middle of the street. My Buddie was in his 4x4 and couldn't pull me home had to walk home and get my sno-blower. This was after leaving the bars the night before and went to work and plowed all night only to be told @ 7:45 that the company was going to be closed that day. Mom made us breakfast and off home he went and I went to bed.
Going to fire up the Cub and plow away, after a few cups of Jo.
Have a good one,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:01 AM   #1622

Winnebago Owners Club
Goooood Morning.
Rail - got a report that it was 99 in Yuma. Phoenix will be warm.

Pictures of snow - wow. Makes me wonder why and how our grand parents homesteaded the areas they did. And they did not have central heating! I recall my grand dad talking about having to ski to town with walking skiis to get a 100 lb bag of flour. It would take him two days to get to town and back.

I want everyone to remember this part of the thread. In about 2 months we will look back on some of these comments and think: I wish it was cooler!

Have a great day.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:53 AM   #1623

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hello all, still cold here and Gordon I wish I was complaining about it being too hot, (actually you won't hear that too often from me) Tim, good memories, (not at the time through). Back in the day they sure didn't have the plows ect to deal with the snow, DW had a relative freeze to death trying to get supplies, the snow was so high he was following the power lines and got lost, that was what here was called the blizzard of "58" tough people to live thru that kind of stuff. Well I was asked how much I had into building the TH to date it is .........drum roll here..........$10,387.31 and before anyone asks I haven't got a clue how much more. We keep adding and expanding the role that the TH will play so its anybody's guess where this will end up, but I'm not thinking huge amounts, 3 maybe 4000.00?? We will see.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:40 AM   #1624

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
I agree with the not hearing me complain about the hot, it has been in the upper 80''s until today, rain and cooler today, will only make 80 if we are lucky. That is not too bad for cost, when you figure both 5er's, 3 new axles and suspension, all the sheeting, insulation etc. Around 15,000 for a 35' toy hauler that includes inverter and solar, that's not bad at all.
Rail,
Let us know when you get here, so we can keep track of your whereabouts. Finally got my reservations, will be in Savannah, Ga on the 1st of May and Charleston, SC on the 15th. Then leaving for Oh on 1st of June.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote