Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:53 AM   #1639

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning everyone;
No runoff here but the predicted snow did not happen. Supposed to get above freezing today.

Sport of the day is keeping track of the snow on the roof of the shed. It is starting to creep down. There is about 12" hanging over the edge and about the same pulled away from the ridge. I am betting on when the snow will slide off. Inquiring minds want to know. LOL

Salt is one of the banes of winter. Need to keep the driving public safe so what do you use and at what cost? Public wants highways clear and bare within hours of the end of the storm. Sand is salted so it does not freeze in the pile (called pickling). At the right temperatures the salt will help the sand stick to ice and snow. Otherwise traffic blows it off. Tried putting on a larger sand without salt but the complaints about broken windshields soon changed the policy. This could be a topic for another thread.

We left the coach in Yuma when we came back because it did not want to take the chance we would have to drive it on salt covered roads. We will go back and get it once Janets surgery is done and she has had some time to recuperate.

Glad there is progress on Terry's knee. Hoping he will get to sleep through the night soon.

Rail will be on the flight by now or waiting to board. Have a great flight. Good luck with the new coach.

Curtis - ride safe. I agree with Ron that you are fortunate to be able to take a spin into town.

Tim - sorry you missed out on the Cub. Your turn next time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Spring is not far away. The areas I plowed a couple days ago have spots where the earth is showing that are expanding rapidly. Starting to think about gardening.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2015, 10:35 AM   #1640

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Terry - Not a bad price for such an awesome rig. Not to mention it's exactly the way you wanted it built.

1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:50 PM   #1641

!Well Blow Me Down !
It's going to be above freezing 3 DAY'S in a row !
Well , except at night , teens , better than single digits or below !!!!

The rest of you with actual warm days remember we won't be frozen forever and summah will be just perrrrfect up he-ah in the East Coast Alaska . Thr Lobbies aren't crawling yet so wait for 'em before you come visit .

The "Alps" in the parkin' lots are startin' to melt a bit too...

Terry's on the mend and it will soon be time to get back to the finishing touches .
Then , he will have to start a new thread on the TH goin' down the road !

Rail will be landing in the land of deserts and getting back into a new RV
adventure.

I'm out looking for six 16" wheels before I get my new tires , so I don't have to deal with trying to find 16.5 's with a DOT date in this century!!. Then will be thinking about logistics for stripping and rebuilding my ol' rig. ( Gotta keep up with Terry , now , where did I put that can of SPINACH ! Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh )
Old 03-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #1642

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon All, Gordon, did the snow fall off that roof yet? Jay, I don't think its too bad, It'll be paid for anyway. Popeye, Here too it's supposed to get above freezing, didn't make it today it is 30* right now. I think that would have to be a blog with it (the TH) going down the road, I still have the TV to finish also, too bad spinach don't work on me in THAT way. LOL. Have a great day.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:55 AM   #1643

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, well been a little busy this am, after PT I pulled the overhead console down in the PU and wired in a double USB port, now I can plug in my Dash Cam and my GPS with no wires all over the place. felt good to be doing something . Have a great day all.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:11 AM   #1644

Winnebago Owners Club
Snow still on the roof. Melted down from top about 3'. Supposed to be warmer today. Hope it happens. May open the big door to warm the underside of the roof. Is that cheating?

Terry - must feel good to be doing something. Sounds like the knee is continuing to progress. Are you sleeping better. I recall parents who were excited when their babies started sleeping through the night. Will there be a similar feeling when you make it through? I have gone into a sleep cycle where I wake up about 4 am and then fall back to sleep from 5 - 6. I do not feel as rested as when I sleep through. Mind just smokes from 4 to 5. I solve the problems of the world but when I wake up a 6 I cannot remember the solutions.

Have a great day.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:43 AM   #1645

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Gordon, Yes the knee is taking baby steps, not as fast as I would like, but that's just me. Some of my trouble sleeping is that I am a VERY light sleeper, I never totally sleep thru the night anyway, but normally I fall right back asleep, now because of the discomfort of the knee I don't. DW and I always get up at 5am anyway, now we get up at 4 because by then I've had it. Eleanor doesn't mind because she says she can get more done before heading to work. Have done a fair amount of walking today and I can feel it, this is not fun anymore.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:08 AM   #1646

Retired Fire Service RVer's
I try to stay up later, so I don't get up at 4 or 5. Usually go to bed after the 11pm news, then watch something in bed till midnight or a little after. That way I will wake up between 6 and 6:30. DW usually falls asleep around 10 and she is up by 5. Ahh retired life.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:13 AM   #1647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Well I was asked how much I had into building the TH to date it is .........drum roll here..........$10,387.31 and before anyone asks I haven't got a clue how much more. We keep adding and expanding the role that the TH will play so its anybody's guess where this will end up, but I'm not thinking huge amounts, 3 maybe 4000.00?? We will see.
Terry, that is fantastic!!

You'd spend far more for anything equivalent built today, and it will meet your and your DW's needs and wants exactly.

After my toterhome build and this motorhome renovation, I can definitely see myself building/remodeling a few more. I don't know that I want an Airstream/Spartan type aluminum trailer long-term, but I really want to gut and renovate one. I think it would be a fun build.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #1648

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, I can see you are really into the retired life good for you that's what its all about. MT, I have seen several Airstream type builds and they do look very interesting with the aluminum bones they look like they would take a bunch of abuse. I saw one repurposed into a car hauler, the whole back lifted up and they drove a small sports car inside.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:27 AM   #1649

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Thanks Terry, yes I am really into this retired full timing lifestyle, always look forward to seeing new destinations and meeting new people. While meeting new people, you almost always make a new friend or two.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #1650

Good Mornning all I'm up early today but I have a good excuse.

Spent the last few days riding the 650 chasing after parts. The weather was good although it got windy yesterday afternoon. And that colliding cold and warm fronts caused the carnage in Moore Oklahoma.

One of these days we're going to get it here again. Glad I'm retired or I'd still be fighting those storms. Don't miss those days one bit. If we ever sit around a campfire together ask me to tell you about some of the things I've seen and dealt with in my Career. (Domestic War Zone Stories that are entertaining.)

Been talking to Melissa about going ahead and putting in that storm shelter here this Spring.

Hope everyone is well and the pains are low today!

Headed to the Pistol Range in an hour.
Gonna be a good day Tater!
Old 03-26-2015, 09:08 AM   #1651

Winnebago Owners Club
Hope everyone is feeling is feeling better today and you all have a grand day.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:43 AM   #1652

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I know I am...

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote