Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2015, 06:55 PM   #1681

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
John,
I want to congratulate you on a very tactful way to bring a rules violation to an end without ruffling any feathers. Just another example of what makes this such a great site, and also of the great job the moderators do.
Frank
x2
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2015, 08:35 PM   #1682
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappgj View Post
That was supposed to say 2012 HR Vacationer 36SBT!

Multitasking bites me again!
Even when the time runs out for you to make a correction to your post you can report it using this icon , and someone will take care of it for you. Your method works as well.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:46 PM   #1683

Monaco Owners Club
Terry, & Gordon, hope y'alls weather warms up soon so you can get your motor running. Supposed to be an(other) outstanding weekend here...
Attached a pic from yesterday for those less fortunate!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mc ride.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	89779  
Thunderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 02:43 AM   #1684

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Chappgj, Welcome aboard Thanks!! Another Texan , must be something about Texas and RVing. I too can't wait for the knee to get better, but the dang weather here isn't being too cooperative ether. Jump in anytime. Thunderfoot those pics just look beautiful, for years I have wanted to move the New Mexico, I may have to change my mind. I have only drove thru on the Interstates, (dead lines you know) but it always looked like someplace to stop. Have a great day all.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:30 AM   #1685

Definitely want to reconsider moving to the SW because of the draught. I've friends in Phoenix priced their place to sale & getting out. They feel water rationing will be soon & will affect the local economy.
HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:04 AM   #1686

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
HH, never fear, I will never buy another piece of land if and when I ever sell where I am, I would remain mobile. I just have liked the areas in the southwest and will love to stay even if for a short time.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:16 AM   #1687

Winnebago Owners Club
Will be a while before I can get on my bike. Left it in the stacker in Yuma. Was nervous about bringing the MH home because of the possibility of bad weather. We could not stop as we had to get some pre surgery work done. Used the SUV as it would be slowed up but we could still keep moving when the roads improved slightly. Not so with the MH.

Came home all the way on bare and dry. Go figure! First time ever returning home without running into a storm. We had gone through a blizzard the previous week by Cedar City. Hardly any evidence of the storm when we went through, just a few snow banks in the creeks.

I as well am waiting for Terry's knee to heal and for Terry to resume work on the TH. Miss the updates on progress. But it will happen soon enough. Better to be patient than have him go out too soon and then not be able to finish it or use it!! He will heal soon enough to get it ready for camping by the time it is camping weather.

Speaking about the knee. How is the knee coming Terry? I know that once it starts to get better the improvement can progress quite rapidly.

It stayed above freezing overnight. Snow is rapidly disappearing. I can see the garden and am starting to think about getting the tractor fitted out to do some garden work. Off with the bucket, on with the tiller. Never nothing to do.

Have a great day.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:59 AM   #1688

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, Probably better to have left the MH in Yuma, this way it didn't have to winterized, or is the shed heated? Hope Janet gets the relief soon. My knee.......... I don't have the ROM that I want, PT can't get me in for two weeks, I really need to have them manipulate it which I can't do to the extent that they can. It is getting stronger, I work on a stair stepper machine, as well as a treadmill, (up to 1/2 a mile at 1.7 MPH) also a recumbent bicycle. There is several other exercises that are mandated too that keep me busy for the better part of an hr. by the end I feel like someone ran over me but its for the best, (I keep telling myself that). I had the furnace ((wood) going in the shop yesterday to warm things up, didn't get anything done but felt good doing something. Have a great day.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:11 AM   #1689

Winnebago Owners Club
Shed is not heated. I built it for cold storage but any work we have done has provisions for future heat, etc. . The engineer made us sheet the ends, both inside and outside, with heavier sheeting. Insulated and vapor barrier before putting the inside sheeting on.

We have a gravel floor but I put in 15" (130 tons) of crushed gravel so we can take some out to lay a concrete floor if someone decided to lay concrete. I have no interest in spending 30,000 for a floor but I am starting to get some shop envy when I see all of the really nice submissions of shops guys have built. I am still steadfast but waver occasionally. LOL

It sounds like you are right on the cusp of getting to the next level. The two weeks will pass quickly for you I hope. We generally volunteer to take any cancellations to get ahead in the appointment line. We have upon occasion called every morning to see if they if there is an open spot. Sometimes we have been successful. IMO there should be a healing window before anybody other than you manipulates your knee. While the PT people are good, they are not doctors and can only work from their training.

Supposed to rain today so it will help the snow disappear.

Have a great day. You will be up and about like nothing ever happened before you know it.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:16 PM   #1690

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Gordon, One of my first shops some 40 yrs ago was a gravel floor, I did alot of work in that old building, it was a major step up from working outside, as I say that was like 40 yrs ago and now I find myself working outside again, funny how that works. Of course I have had some very nice shops in between, ( I sold them darn it). I am as you say just about ready to go to do more, one of the things you don't think about is all the down time I have had getting to this point, I've been on my butt so to speak and not really doing anything for a few months now, so getting up to speed is going to take a little time, I get tired WAY faster then I want to admit, I have to build up endurance and strength in more things than just my one leg, and that is the hard part, sometimes my RA gets in the way as it is now and can be frustrating. It has snowed all day today, not hard didn't even leave much just a dusting but very cold and windy, maybe next week will be better. Have a great night.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:11 PM   #1691

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

I think when it warms up we will all feel a bit less aches and pains. It looked lovely and sunny outside this am but it was 19. Bones ached. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:23 PM   #1692

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Lynne, I think your absolutely right Thanks so much, you Too!
Old 03-29-2015, 07:19 AM   #1693

Hey , don't forget after it turns to rain and all the snow melts.............
MUD SEASON

PLUS then you get to go out and pick up all the dog poop that has been building up all winter.

popeye
rvpopeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:32 AM   #1694

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, you just reminded me why I don't have a dog . And you are right on about the mud .