Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:17 AM   #1709

Awwwhhhh bluebells.Nice.
For those not familiar with the desert southwest , there is a spring bloom that you would never expect , yes , even in the desert.Even Death Valley is not excluded from this. Actually , if there is enough rain the entire desert will bloom out , cactus flowers are really cool to see.
I know there is a drought happening in some areas but there will still be some bloom , the bluebells as an example. Lots of them planted along TX roadways.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2015, 07:46 AM   #1710

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Love spring.....new beginnings, the hope of a great year.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:14 AM   #1711

Gulf Streamers Club
The flowers along side Texas roads are blue bonnets. Blue Bell is the most excellent ice cream made in Brennam Texas. Not to worry, it is all good.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:21 AM   #1712

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ron, you have to excuse me I'm from NY .
Old 03-30-2015, 08:34 AM   #1713

Just remember--if you go up on the roof now--"SPLAT" is better than "THUMP".
Up here in Wisconsin people have a saying about my relatives. It is that you can tell them, but we won't listen. Haven't figured out whether we are just stubborn or stupid.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:07 AM   #1714

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
I'm glad that you got to do something on the TH finally(its been a long winter for you).
And I can just imagine that Eleanor has given you very specific instructions on what you CAN'T do.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:22 AM   #1715

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning All, Popeye, I keep hearing all about Texas and right now it looks like at some point here we will be going down. David, The bluebells did it, DW says we need to go . Especially since we are getting another dusting of snow this am, but they say a high of 44* Have a great day everyone.
I will say if you like to ride Texas has some of the most interesting roads and scenery. When LBJ was president Lady Bird pushed through the state a project where nearly all the roads had wild flowers planted along them. Right now is a good time to see amazing vistas of wild flowers. Hear is a link you might like.
Texas Hill Country |
Just so you know it will be 82 today.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:49 AM   #1716

Monaco Owners Club
FYI, I'm sure ronspradley knows this (typo or auto correct's fault most likely ) but Blue Bell is made in Brenham, Texas... in case you're googling where the ice cream "that we eat all we can and sell the rest" is born. Have a great day all!
Thunderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:09 AM   #1717

Gulf Streamers Club
Bad finger.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:33 AM   #1718

OOPS ,got me.
I like looking at the flowers but not so good at remembering their names .
I do like the ice cream though and Blue Bunny too , well any ice cream actually.

I get traffic anxiety and take lots of back country detours now, I've found some wonderful places and roads all over the country. Some places in TX that I thought I could have been in New England or Cali. (Lake Conroe for instance) , or finding all the goats in S.TX. Never know what you will find around the next corner. UNLESS all you travel is the interstates , then around the next corner will be another rest area or exit ................ How about those multi level off/on ramps in Dallas-FW. Or trying to go through Hartford? Arrrrgggghhhh... NYC fagettaboutit!
I cut Conneticut out of my atlas after my LAST not fun trip through there , that trip I even tried it at 3am but still couldn't tell what lane I needed to be in! VERY not fun in a big Moho.
Oh My GOSHK !
Yes , I still use my atlas , have for over 40 years, (the DeLorme state atlas' will let you go ANYWHERE like you're a LOCAL !!) a GPS doesn't understand "go the nice way" and frequently will take you the WRONG way too........

Well , on a different note , after a few days of "relatively" nice weather , 'tis snowin' again here in the "East Coast Alaska".
But ,the propane tank is lasting much longer these days
Old 03-30-2015, 10:52 AM   #1719

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Guys, NiteHawk, I'm pretty sure I don't want to find out which is better . Frank, it seems as through winter is never ending for sure, it took (seems) a long time to do that handle, I'm still using a cane to get around with so I only have one hand to carry stuff, so it takes twice as many trips . Bill, thanks for the link , I do remember when Lady Bird did the flowers, nice. Popeye, so your still getting the snow too, kinda figured you would. When DW and I are running the bikes we have a tendency to run the roads less traveled, sometimes we hit the interstates to get somewhere quick, but mostly we're in it for the ride, not time less traveled, plus you meet way more interesting people off the freeways.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:00 AM   #1720

The older I get, the longer winters seem to last... :(

However, I won't soon forget last winter here in MinneSnowta...

We had more than a month's worth of days that were Sub-Zero and our last significant snowfall was on May 2nd when we got 16" of heavy wet snow that was the last straw for a number of roofs...

That said - we are seeing our snow mounds here in Southern Mn evaporate quickly as the temps are finally starting to get into the 40's and warmer...
Old 03-30-2015, 11:21 AM   #1721

Winnebago Owners Club
Got a picture of these beauties north of Searchlight. We drove through there for 10 years before the Joshua trees finally bloomed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	15-MarJoshuablooms4.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	90037

Click image for larger version

Name:	15-MarJoshuablooms2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	90038
Old 03-30-2015, 11:22 AM   #1722

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Randy, I certainly know what you mean, weatherperson here at noon says its been 93 days since it hit 50* in Albany, NY longer here where I am since I'm way higher in elevation. Gordon, it looks like it would be beautiful to see, DW has the eye for nature at its best, she takes nice pics of it.