Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:06 PM   #1723

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
It doesn't matter how long it takes, you should feel better just being able to do something. It was cold here the last couple nights, in the lower 40's with highs in the upper 60's to mid 70's. The cold front has moved on and now the weather is back to normal. Got 2 self propelled mowers to fix tomorrow, drive belt on one and the on /off throttle cable on the other one. We are down to one self propelled and the zero turn. I just got the parts this evening, so it won't take long to get them up and running. In the next couple weeks, we will be down to 3 campworkers to cover all week, so the grass will be getting ahead of us quickly.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2015, 05:19 AM   #1724

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, no snow this morning yeah , had the wood furnace in the shop going yesterday, started to work on the gennie that we bought, needs to come out of the enclosure to pull the flywheel that's where the brushes are for the genset. Frank, sounds like you keep busy down there, nice not to be doing the same old thing everyday, we don't have to worry about grass here for at least another month . Take care, have a great day.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:05 AM   #1725

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
That's what retired life is all about. Puttering and then off to something else, that way nothing feels like a job.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:07 AM   #1726

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Oh My GOSHK !
Yes , I still use my atlas , have for over 40 years, (the DeLorme state atlas' will let you go ANYWHERE like you're a LOCAL !!) a GPS doesn't understand "go the nice way" and frequently will take you the WRONG way too........
Popeye did you know Deloreme also sells a mapping program on CD for your laptop? And they sell a GPS antenna that plugs into the USB port so you can have a big USER friendly on board programmable mapping system that will take you any route you tell it to. The program cost about $35 and the antennas ate not expensive.
I've used them for years. We have a computer table mounted in the engine doghouse and Melissa does the navigating while I drive. Keeps her happy and allows her to search campgrounds and other interesting places to see along the way.
Plus she can swing the table over to me to see the route. Easyier to see that big screen while driving.
I just recently bought one of the smaller GPS units to use on my motorcycle because I have laptop stands in my pickup and 4X4 for the Delorme . It shows hiking and Jeep trails too. Plus it will tell you what lane to be in before you get to a turn or exit. The Scenic Setting is our preferred route choice as well. Mainly because I like small towns and hole in the wall restaurants.

Good morning everybody. Busy week for me.
Good morning Terry. Great to hear you are getting back in the swing of things.

We are covered up in wildflowers where I live. And as for Blue Bell Ice Cream. "Moolineum Crunch" is their best!

Gotta go get that first cup if coffee going..
Old 03-31-2015, 08:08 AM   #1727

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, great answer . sounds like you've got it nailed
Old 03-31-2015, 08:13 AM   #1728

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Curtis, We had one of those mapping systems years ago, I didn't know they still had them, great systems. DW would love the wild flowers. I would love the ice cream.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:23 AM   #1729

I DO have the DeLorme GPS on my laptops as well as Co-Pilot but only use them when not moving and don't rely on their routing , always check the maps,especially when going on the little back roads.Where the gps keeps telling me to "turn around" when I'm taking back roads I've been using for years. EVEN just a few miles away from DeLorme HQ !!

Google Earth is good for actually seeing the roads or campsites when you zoom all the way in to street view.

The DeLorme HQ is 10 miles from me here and they have great sales there if you are nearby. Plus the HUGE rotating globe in their showroom (3 stories)is something you shouldn't miss if driving by.
Located in Yarmouth Me. exit 17 on 295 right across the road from the rest area/visitor center.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:34 AM   #1730

Gulf Streamers Club
Blue Bell Moolenium Crunch here last night too.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:31 AM   #1731

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, I'll have to ck out that Delorme HQ, we ride to ME once in awhile, be another place to ck out.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:39 AM   #1732

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - great to hear you are moving about a bit more. Satisfying to say the least.

Have a great day all.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:48 AM   #1733

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Gordon, yes its baby steps but its at least a step. I don't get alot done but its better than just sitting
Old 03-31-2015, 11:07 AM   #1734

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Popeye did you know Deloreme also sells a mapping program on CD for your laptop? And they sell a GPS antenna that plugs into the USB port so you can have a big USER friendly on board programmable mapping system that will take you any route you tell it to. The program cost about $35 and the antennas ate not expensive.
Software and antenna on amazon for $50. I had this setup back in 2005. Worked very well.
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:52 PM   #1735

I got the DeLorme GPS software with antenna for $40 at the company store at HQ on sale. Also got all my atlas' at 1/2 off ( ME +all states I-10 goes through+NV.+UT.!) I used to have a few more but they were in the MOHO that burned . Get on their email list and they will send you a heads-up email for online sales.

I got the Co-Pilot at CampingWorld Nashville in '06 for $300 !
IMO DeLorme is way better.

Before that atlas' only for 40 years of traveling across this great country, never got lost ,,ever. Unless it was on purpose!
Old 03-31-2015, 02:18 PM   #1736

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Well I have the genset ready to pull out of its shell now have to wait for son to help lift it out. Then I can pull the flywheel and change out the brushes. 33* here today so that's an improvement, not alot of wind ether, shop heated up easier today getting all the steel (tools/benches ect.) warmed up takes awhile but once warm it stays for awhile. Jay, I'll ck out the link thanks . Popeye, Its hard to beat a paper map, I use a GPS on the bike when we traveled but always had the maps of the states we where in with me too. I let the GPS pick then cked it out on a map just to double chk.