Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2015, 02:25 PM   #1737

Woah , repairing a Genny! Steady Now!

I pick my route with the paper maps , THEN "try" to get the GPS to program that same route , so I can have the voice guidance working while I concentrate on driving,,,,,,,sometimes it will , mostly it throws a fit.
I'm almost to the point of not trying anymore..rather spend the time with a frosty one....

The next time I go by DeLorme HQ , I'll try to stop and take a video of the globe spinning
rvpopeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2015, 03:19 PM   #1738

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, maybe I'm one of the lucky ones but I've had very good luck with my GPS unit, I will admit that it sends me out of the way sometimes but it has always got me there. Several yrs ago I was traveling in a area that I was not real sure of, I hit a patch of ice coming out of a turn and it flipped me sideways, as I was sliding I remember the GPS saying recalculating, recalculating several times, nothing bad happened I straightened up and kept going it just made me laugh, I certainly knew I was not headed in the right direction . That would be cool to see the globe that you mentioned. Have a great night.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:46 PM   #1739

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Yeppers, I've got it nailed, both mowers done this morning, went grocery shopping and played shuffleboard after lunch. now getting ready for game night. Tomorrow, wash the truck and then make our reservations for our June stay in N.E. Ohio,. Maybe even take the reel mower and cut the grass beside the unit. Busy, Busy, lol.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:00 PM   #1740

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, now there is no excuse you can't keep up with the grass . Gotta keep that truck clean. Take care, have a great night.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:54 PM   #1741

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
One other gps program you should look at is CoPilot at https://copilotgps.com/us/personal/
or down load from the
The big benefit that I see is you can download the maps ahead of time and save data usage also you have maps if you can't get a GPS signal. We used it last summer and I thought it did a really good job. I have it on the phones and on a tablet. I may try putting it on my laptop.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:40 AM   #1742

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning everyone. Happy April Fools.

Mother nature is giving it to us today. 30 - 40 mph winds and 2 - 4 inches of wet snow. Not a joke. Good day to stay inside.

I have been using Garmin GPS for years. Do not agree with the route sometimes but it will always get me to the point I input. Have to be really careful of the settings. I talked to Garmin tech about the routing logic. I had selected no tolls and on a simple trip it re-routed me 1300 miles to avoid a toll bridge. Also I have found if you have checked avoid gravel roads (for motorcycle) it will take you miles out of the way even though the road in front of you has cold mix on it. Also have to make sure the information is up to date but that is beyond our controll. We had some construction a few years ago with a 30 mph speed limit. The GPS still thinks it is 30 even though the construction is done and the speed limit is now 65. And that has the latest maps.

Anyway happy April Fools. Hope the tricks that are out there are clever.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:27 AM   #1743

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Bill, thanks for the input! Gordon, it sounds like mother nature is playing an April fools joke on you, yuck that's a messy one too . The Garman is what I've been using also for yrs. mostly on the bikes. April 1st 2014 is when I officially retired . So I've been retired for a year . Have a great day all.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:49 PM   #1744

Freightliner Owners Club
Gordon,
Tough April fool's day joke from Mother Nature.
Bill,
I have had more bad luck with GPS than good, so I don't use them, I usually just use the atlas and Yahoo maps, have had better luck with them.
Terry,
Glad that you have been retired for a year, March 23, 2013 was my retirement date(I think). Now all you have to do is get Eleanor retired so you can get out of the cold and enjoy that bike of yours, not to mention the TH.
Frank
Old 04-01-2015, 02:00 PM   #1745

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Frank, that's the plan, it'll take a couple more yrs, so I can get all my projects done before, (are they ever done?) I have stopped buying any more projects so I guess there may be an end. Leg was giving me fits today so I took the day off, supposed to be nice tomorrow so I'll giver h_ _ _ then.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:38 PM   #1746

Freightliner Owners Club
Terry,
The projects never end, even with no house or shop the RV or the truck or the car or bike always need something done or you find something to add or delete. But it usually keeps us out of trouble.
Frank
Old 04-01-2015, 05:50 PM   #1747

Winnebago Owners Club
Yup - you will always find something to do.

While at the RV resort I have led the laying of 17 pallets of foot square patio stones (170 bricks a pallet), built or helped build 4 sheds, prepare the monthly calendar for the activities, write the park newsletter and print tickets for the activities.

Just seems like I cannot walk by something that is happening without getting involved. Janet keeps telling me to relax and enjoy myself. Just seems I am too busy.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:07 PM   #1748

I almost forgot , DeLorme also has a piece of software called Topo North America
now that's some serious mapping ,It was just on sale @30% off ($70) I missed it but next sale.......
rvpopeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:29 PM   #1749

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I think I just found a new TOAD
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:48 AM   #1750
bap

i want one also,,,thats kool..
i also think the projects we keep oursefs into are what keeps us alive and with purpous
i have seen way to many people retire and just lay down and die.....the way i see it if we have something to do today and tommarow we dont have time to die...i know i dont....lol
have a great day everyone ,,were hitting 75 today but cloudy and then colder by saterday,,but only for a day or 2 then back up....spring is springing here...
bap is offline   Reply With Quote