Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:05 PM   #1807

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Happy Easter everyone. I hope this day finds you well and your family truly blessed.

1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2015, 02:02 PM   #1808

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, I got some catching up to do !! family just left all are full till they can't eat no more, try to pawn off as much as we can, so we don't have sooo many leftovers, they can leave the pies, I won't mind. Frank, Gordon those wintering places sound very warm and inviting on many levels, good food, conversation ect. To everyone Happy Easter, and thankfully we all seem to have had a very good day . Gordon, thoughts and prayers for Janet tomorrow, we will be waiting. Have a great afternoon all.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:18 AM   #1809

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rebuild,

Hi Terry, how is the knee doing? Know I can be slow going but it will get there. When we work with patients and they don't want to do things because it hurts it really slows down their recovery and healing. With your willingness to work it, it will make all the difference.

I now all of us look forward to you getting back at it so we can see your finished project. Did you have any idea when you started this TH how long or how extensive it would be? Did you originally intend to completely take out all the walls and rebuild it completely like you have or did you think you would keep some of it?

This type of project is beyond many of us (me included) and of course you have to have the tools for it also, but I love watching this thread. Thank you for posting it.

See you in the future, along with all of us who have enjoyed this. We are willing to wait though until you are healed enough to not hurt yourself. Wouldn't want Eleanor to have to finish it herself.

Take care Terry, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:20 AM   #1810

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
I can't wait to meet you, you seem to the type of person that just lights up the room and brings a smile everyone's face. We all hope that you find the MH of your dreams soon, and have the time to enjoy it this summer. I like your new Avatar.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:26 AM   #1811
bap

I couldnt have said it any better lynne,,,and frank...
Old 04-08-2015, 07:29 AM   #1812

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Lynne, I went to the PT people yesterday for the first time, its a very good place so they are very busy, now that I'm on the schedule I will go twice a week. He found my knee cap is seized up and there is fluid behind the knee so it makes it so I can't straighten (or bend) properly, that makes other muscles try to compensate (tighten/shorten) and it just compounds the problem, that's one reason I have pain there, it has to be worked out, not something I can do at home, although he said what I have been doing is great, he is going to concentrate on that and let me strengthen it. We originally did not plan on raising the roof, or really going as far as we did, it took on a life all of its own. What we were planning changed as we were working so it evolved into what it is now. Hopefully we will meet up with our new found friends we have made as we have been building the TH, I feel sometimes like I have known some for years, we all have something in common.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:45 AM   #1813
bap

terry,,take care of that knee...and boy do i understand about a peoject you think all i need to do is just this and then all of a sudden its all torn down and your rebuilding a whole new something....lol....funny how that happens.....
Old 04-08-2015, 07:55 AM   #1814

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Bap, Seems that kind of thing happens to alot of us, that get involved in any kind of project. but that's what makes it interesting.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:02 AM   #1815

Terry and bap,
It seems that our projects take a life of their own after we start on them. Tearing into a project, you see something else that needs done, and then , well if I do this then I can change this and the project becomes alive.
Frank
Old 04-09-2015, 07:04 AM   #1816

Terry,
Glad that you found out what is causing you all the pain in your knee, and that it is not major.
Frank
Old 04-09-2015, 07:10 AM   #1817
bap

frank u are so right, when doing something on these old tt,s or any build for that matter ,,when ur into it there is always things u find that ...well i might as well replace that and fix this better.....and it just keeps going on....lol
Old 04-09-2015, 07:12 AM   #1818
bap

hey terry,,,i just saw u on here,,,,hows the knee this morn
Old 04-09-2015, 07:16 AM   #1819

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Thanks Frank, I go to PT again today, should be twice a week for a while till we can get things freed up. Maybe then we can get things rolling again. I worked in the shop yesterday on a frame that goes in the bedroom vent, when I framed in the ceiling vent I made it for an escape hatch, the windows at the time were not rigged for being an escape window, the windows that I installed are so I don't need that hatch in the ceiling. I need to reduce the size from 21" to 14" to install a normal vent. should be able to finish that up today and install Friday, then I can install the vent on the roof with the cover and then I can start to plan the solar panel install. That's the plan right now. Hi Bap, can't complain, (well I could but.....) I actually can't wait for PT I feel sore after but its a good sore, hard to explain. Thanks for asking, we think of you guys down there hope things work out for Debbie.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:52 AM   #1820

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Terry and bap,
It seems that our projects take a life of their own after we start on them. Tearing into a project, you see something else that needs done, and then , well if I do this then I can change this and the project becomes alive.
Frank
Happens to me every time. SMH.
DW says I cant change a lightbulb without finding a way to turn it into a project.

Terry - Good to read you are getting your other therapy in along with the PT. Working a project is the best therapy for folks like us. Mine are still limited to what I can do online. The floor to the right of me is driving me crazy in that it's not yet done and I cant do it.

1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote