Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:37 AM   #1877

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Frank, The humidity is what's the worse, not much you can do about that. But it's a good excuse to stop . I have PT at 10:30 so it splits the day up, but by after noon the temps are warmer, it's been windy so haven't been up on the roof of the TH, getting ready to put the solar panels on, hope to start today. catch all later.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2015, 06:49 AM   #1878

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good job Terry, how is the PT going? I had a good OT, she lived about 1/2 mile from me so we have known each other for years. She pushed me to the limit, it hurt like heck at first, but use and ROM came quickly and the pain reduced the further the ROM went. Have a wonderful day.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:09 AM   #1879

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, I actually like PT, (maybe it reminds of the Corps) I have an exercise routine that I try to do every day normally, it keeps me limber, (I need all the help I can get) but this girl that I have for formal PT is very good, we are only working on ROM because she knows me and knows that I will work on the strength part on my own. Pain is coming down slowly, and the leg still gets tired quickly, that's irritating but livable. Sun is up and warming fast, up to 42* headed for 65* today so should be a good day.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:22 AM   #1880

Terry, It helps to like the PT and that she knows you, they can get more out of you that way, and your end result will be better. The strength will come, be patient (now that's the pot calling the kettle black, lol) Glad that it is warming up for you. Got to go and get busy, catch you later.
Frank
Old 04-15-2015, 04:46 PM   #1881

Terry
It sounds like you're going to be back to the build real soon. The roof vent looks good !

The weather here is getting much better too. 70* yesterday ,65* today.

I'm calling a CG tomorrow to set up an interview for a workamping job for this summer .
I'm sure that it won't be long till you are tugging that TH around too !
Old 04-15-2015, 05:32 PM   #1882

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Frank, I can be as patient as it takes,(as long as it doesn't take long) . Popeye, good luck on the workcamping job, I was hoping to get to the solar panels today but it was way too windy, might have to wait for help , what a revolting development. Hope by late spring, early summer for the tugging
Old 04-16-2015, 09:28 AM   #1883

Terry
I'm sure that once you get started again the end of that build will be coming up quickly and you'll be able to start getting some USE it !!!

It's SOOOOO nice having warm weather again , we call that a reward for surviving winter here in the the state of "East Coast Alaska"

I just got off the phone with the Campground and I got the workamper job this morning. I will be on a lake working the boathouse , renting boats , canoes , kayaks, paddle boats and fishing gear AND of course WOIMS Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh .

300 sites so I'll be busy . wow , I sure am glad I didn't tear this thing down to put in new walls/roof etc. yet !
Old 04-16-2015, 06:46 PM   #1884

Winnebago Owners Club
Popeye - will you be selling worms by the pound, count or length?
Old 04-17-2015, 07:26 AM   #1885

Popeye,
Glad that you got the Workcamper job that you wanted. Sounds like you will have a good time doing it.
Terry,
You will get there, again that patient word comes up again UGHHHHHH. We are going to be around Binghamton around the 1st of August, then heading up around Barcelona, so we will be in New York for a couple weeks. I know those cities are not close to you, but still hoping that we can meet up this summer.
Frank
Old 04-17-2015, 08:25 AM   #1886
bap

thats kool popeye,,,,,kind of job i would enjoy...

how does that wokkamper thing work anyway.....?

and on another note,,,,if things work out today like debbie and i hope,,,,my avatar may change again,,,,and were talking about full timeing again and renting the house out...
Old 04-17-2015, 09:55 AM   #1887

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Popeye which campground? Might put you on the travel route.
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:43 PM   #1888

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon All, Late getting here today, check up at the knee doc this am, alls good go back in 3 months. Popeye, great news on the job, that sounds like it'll keep you busy, personally I don't like going on the water, its dry dock for me. Frank, Binghamton, isn't that far, I used to run up there to get some diesel pumps worked on. it's 107 miles from my house, not far for an old trucker. So we can meet up, hope the TH is done by then too. Bap, that sounds kinda cool, if that's what you want to do go for it. Jay, up where Popeye is only around 300 or so miles from me here, we go up to Maine once in a while too. well gotta get some lunch catch all later.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:23 PM   #1889

Gordon
Well , it's kind of count and length , They come in little tubs with some mulch. More woims if they is just woims and less woims if they is nightcrawlers.

Frank
I have fun no matter what job I do.....but I only take the fun ones!

bap
Workamping can mean a lot of different kinds of deals.

Some are a trade of work for a site , which is ok if you have other income (sometimes they give you a W2 for the value of the site,,,no thanks in my book!)

Some are a mix of trade some hours (amt varies) for your site , and then pay for any extra hours. (You have to decide how many hours you think is a good deal)

Some pay all hours and charge you for the site ( amount from full retail to greatly reduced,,ex: National Park concessionaires frequently charge you $25 to $100 a week and also have dorms for those that don't have a rig ) I was at one place that reimbursed all my rent in my last check as an end of season bonus

Some pay all hours and give you a free site. (That's the deal I have this season , and usually look for .This is my first year on social security , so in the future the full pay deals are less important)

AND all deals can include some perks like free or reduced things .... propane , food , rentals , store discounts ,,,,even free admission to area attractions. (ex: some Branson MO. CGs comp tickets to shows in town)

Nut

Lake Pemaquid ,please do. Same goes to everyone here ,,,come on down!

Terry
Well , I don't have to take anyone out , just rent 'em a seaworthy craft.
Bein' the pirate that I yam , I'm real comfortable in any boat (kayaks can be a little iffy though!) I grew up on the ocean and always had my own boat.

I also was a pirate ship captain at a theme park so I can Arrrggghhhh with the best of 'em. (And ,before anybody asks , YES I know all the pirate jokes )
Old 04-17-2015, 04:12 PM   #1890

Terry
Forgot to ask , does the "come back in three months " mean you just have to finish up w/the PT and then good to go ?