Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:29 AM   #1947

Winnebago Owners Club
HH - great to see you back. Also great that you are in recovery mode. Once you can keep food down the recovery should be rapid.

Nice to see progress coming back to the TH. Been a bit of a drought. Once Terry gets back to the interior it will go fast. I am sure the layoff has been used to think about and determine and order of installation for the bits.

Terry - Have to watch for the Gold Wings. Not only are they sneaky quiet, they are fast. It makes it really nice for group riding though. I understand about listening for vehicles.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #1948

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Just back from PT, boy that gal knows how to put you thru the paces, feels good through. HH, I am going to build my combiner box out of the grey plastic stuff so everything can be glued together, will post pics when I do build it with a parts list. Frank, yup getting used to modifying my routine (I just don't have one) MT, I think that's the way this group would work we all seem to have the same mindset, be pleasant to do stuff that's for sure. Gordon, work is going to start soon, I had a spat of doctor appointments and stuff that just took up most of my time, so I couldn't get set up to do much, next week I have the second of my infusions on Tuesday then I only have PT twice a week for a few more weeks, so I will be FREE to go back to work , can't hardly wait. Plus I should be at least 90% healed up and ready to GO . I will be doing small jobs that need to be done, in between. I like riding Gold Wings (don't tell my Harley buddies that, I'd be tarred and feathered) Test rode alot of them after working on them, and that's the other thing not alot went wrong with'em, I've done work on some pretty old Wings and they still chug along.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:03 PM   #1949

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Afternoon, Just back from PT, boy that gal knows how to put you thru the paces, feels good through. HH, I am going to build my combiner box out of the grey plastic stuff so everything can be glued together, will post pics when I do build it with a parts list. Frank, yup getting used to modifying my routine (I just don't have one) MT, I think that's the way this group would work we all seem to have the same mindset, be pleasant to do stuff that's for sure. Gordon, work is going to start soon, I had a spat of doctor appointments and stuff that just took up most of my time, so I couldn't get set up to do much, next week I have the second of my infusions on Tuesday then I only have PT twice a week for a few more weeks, so I will be FREE to go back to work , can't hardly wait. Plus I should be at least 90% healed up and ready to GO . I will be doing small jobs that need to be done, in between. I like riding Gold Wings (don't tell my Harley buddies that, I'd be tarred and feathered) Test rode alot of them after working on them, and that's the other thing not alot went wrong with'em, I've done work on some pretty old Wings and they still chug along.
Terry - I am scared to ride a Harley. If I try one I probably will want one. I understand the Ultras are really comfortable and easy to ride. They say they are a dream at slow speed handling, something my Gold Wing is not stellar at.

Regardless of what someone rides I will ride with you. Unless you ride stupid. I dont want to be around to pick up pieces!
Old 04-22-2015, 12:11 PM   #1950

Had a bowl of cereal about 12 hours ago which stayed down. Tried something alittle more solid which was two eggs fried hard with a slice of swiss cheese. Good to get some solid food in me after over a week.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:16 PM   #1951

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingHawk View Post
Had a bowl of cereal about 12 hours ago which stayed down. Tried something alittle more solid which was two eggs fried hard with a slice of swiss cheese. Good to get some solid food in me after over a week.
It has make you feel a lot better to be able to get solid food to stay down. Sounds like there could be steak in your menu in a day or two.

I generally like to start with soft boiled eggs, dry toast and oatmeal when starting to recover. Stuff that is soft and not too rich.

I would progress slowly and increase the volume a bit before getting into rich or harder to digest proteins.

Here is a one pan dish that is tasty and soft and may be of interest.
Lightly brown a few pieces of chicken in a frying pan (I prefer thighs but whatever you like the best will work).
Add pieces (serving size or bigger) of celery, carrots, potato, parsnip, quartered mushrooms (other vegetables you like)
Add some chicken stock (I like juice so add a fair amount) and season to taste, pepper and tyme (go light you can always add later) The stock will form a broth - I mash the potatos on my plate and add broth
Cover and cook until the vegetables are partly done
Quarter a couple cooking onions and to the pan.
Optional - add about half a cup of dry vermouth
Check seasoning and cook covered until vegetables are done, onions will be al dente

I always make a big pan full as the left overs are good as well and easy to micowave whenever you feel like a warm snack.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:39 PM   #1952

ER nurse told me to absolutely stay away from spicy foods for atleast two weeks.

Something that separated this flu from a cold is never had sinus problems or fever. On the other end, often felt couldn't get air into the lungs. Should have been early indicators it wasn't just a cold. Plus the dizziness from coughing.
Just a warning to anyone that might encounter this to get to the ER early or your doctor. VA ER doctor told me thousands in the US have died from this already, mostly the elderly.

EDIT: I just researched it & the CDC estimates death toll could end up as high as 49,000 in the US from this strain of flu.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:10 PM   #1953

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, I've done some slow speed maneuvers on my Harley that I wouldn't try on some other bikes, and you don't have to worry about me riding "stupid" most people like to ride with me and Eleanor they can actually see the scenery . We always figured the ride WAS the destination. I Like the Ultras too but when I built one I used the Softail for the platform, I liked the old school style and the challenge of building something different Wheelbase wise its not alot different and to look at mine most can't hardly tell, they just know something's not quite right. HH, that's some scary stuff there, glad you made it thru it, but it sounds like you got it on the run.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:20 PM   #1954

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
ER nurse told me to absolutely stay away from spicy foods for atleast two weeks.

Something that separated this flu from a cold is never had sinus problems or fever. On the other end, often felt couldn't get air into the lungs. Should have been early indicators it wasn't just a cold. Plus the dizziness from coughing.
Just a warning to anyone that might encounter this to get to the ER early or your doctor. VA ER doctor told me thousands in the US have died from this already, mostly the elderly.

EDIT: I just researched it & the CDC estimates death toll could end up as high as 49,000 in the US from this strain of flu.
Sounds like good advice from the nurse. I do not like spicy food, can't eat it. I get acid reflux. Thats why the recipe I posted is more like chicken soup with vegetables.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:25 PM   #1955

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Gordon, I've done some slow speed maneuvers on my Harley that I wouldn't try on some other bikes, and you don't have to worry about me riding "stupid" most people like to ride with me and Eleanor they can actually see the scenery . We always figured the ride WAS the destination. I Like the Ultras too but when I built one I used the Softail for the platform, I liked the old school style and the challenge of building something different Wheelbase wise its not alot different and to look at mine most can't hardly tell, they just know something's not quite right. HH, that's some scary stuff there, glad you made it thru it, but it sounds like you got it on the run.
I am certain the four of us will have a great ride when we get together. Janet is itching to get back on her bike. She also thinks it would be great to get together with as many of the group as possible. Needless to say we will have at least one bike with us when we get together. Would be great to get everyone together and have a short ride.

We are hoping to get to Gafney next fall.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:28 PM   #1956

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, Looking forward to it .
Old 04-22-2015, 09:18 PM   #1957

Quote:
It's been a nasty bug this year.

My youngest daughter missed three weeks of school, the 2nd week was in the hospital when it turned into full blown pneumonia. Not something to mess with!
Old 04-22-2015, 09:42 PM   #1958

MT, glad your daughter recovered. Sounds like the same crap I am recovering from. Its really nasty stuff.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:32 PM   #1959

So rry guys I'm having a tough time keeping up with all the conversations but I'll try.Busy here in Texas.

HH I know exactly what you're going through. I got sick right before Thanksgiving with that flu and it was Valentine's day before I felt like I was a hundred percent . Don't try to push the recover or it will come back worse.

I've tried riding Harleys. My son has a brand new one, but I just can't get comfortable on them. I have worked on a few and never been able to figure out why they do things the way they do. But you'll be surprised to find out I have an ultra 6-speed Harley style transmission I'm about ready to put inside my 98 Triumph Tiger. I'm going to be using a DIahatsu 3 cylinder diesel motor to turn it. another one of my diesel motorcycle conversions.

MT I have found only a few people that I could work with like what you described. And those guys I never want to let go of. because it's so nice have someone who understands my processes.

I returned to college in my thirties to study mechanical engineering and one of my professors in my statics class told me that had someone noticed my natural three-dimensional thinking when I was younger I would have made an excellent rocket scientist. But just my luck, in the fifties all they wanted the students to do was stay together in their studies. I was the one kid who sat in the corner reading everything loose because I was bored in the classroom.

My problem was I learned things the first time they taught it to me. and they kept repeating the same knowledge basics every year. Ha I had a teacher like my wife who would have challenged me I would have done better in school. She made her living challenging the "Out There" students. Her students had to score 130 or higher on their IQ test to even get a seat in her class.

But it wasn't until i returned to school at 30 that I found the challenges that kept me interested in school. Oh well,l life gives you tomatoes, you make pasta sauce!

PS; my son's new 2015 Harley had a rear wheel bearing lock up on it with less than 3000 miles on it. Totally destroyed the back wheel. It took the Dealership 9 weeks to get a replacement rear wheel so he could ride again. he just picked it back up Monday.
he was lucky it didn't lock up on him on the highway he just gotten off of. Now he's shopping for a BMW. A German nightmare for sure. But at least I've got a spare final drive for one........

Good night all. Tornadoes are threatening us here tonight, so if you don't hear from me tomorrow look for me in Kansas with Dorothy and Toto.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:03 AM   #1960

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, I put up a pic of what I woke to this morning, I hate to say it.......SNOW ! yuck 30* windy, ole man winter hasn't given up yet. MT, glad to hear your daughter is ok these bugs keep getting worse. Curtis, its easy to figure what Harley does, they have had the same basic design for many many years, and people just keep buying . I had a motorcycle tech that was Honda trained, he just couldn't get his head around a Harley, he didn't last long before he was gone. Sorry to hear about you sons bike, I haven't heard about a problem with the bearings......yet. I do know that the quality control in the factory is beyond exceptional, I've been to the factory in York, Pa. and to see how they build is really neat, that being said of course they don't build the bearing, they source from other factory so are at the mercy of others. Hope the tornados missed you!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0423150639.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	739.9 KB
ID:	92316