Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2015, 05:26 AM   #1961

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Just a thought, while looking at the TH, I notice that you don't have the A/C on yet, don't forget to leave room for it when you are installing the solar panels. I'm sure you remembered, but just in case.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2015, 06:10 AM   #1962

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Frank, Yup its on the list, before I install the AC I want to go thru it and check it out, clean ect. I have taken some measurements and it doesn't look like there is room to install panels close, plus I don't want to shade a panel w/the AC. Thanks for the reminder, you never know what I'll forget .
Old 04-23-2015, 07:16 AM   #1963

Terry, I see the snow plow is still handy.
HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:19 AM   #1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Curtis, its easy to figure what Harley does, they have had the same basic design for many many years, and people just keep buying . I had a motorcycle tech that was Honda trained, he just couldn't get his head around a Harley, he didn't last long before he was gone. Sorry to hear about you sons bike, I haven't heard about a problem with the bearings......yet. I do know that the quality control in the factory is beyond exceptional, I've been to the factory in York, Pa. and to see how they build is really neat, that being said of course they don't build the bearing, they source from other factory so are at the mercy of others. Hope the tornados missed you!!
Yea I'm Honda trained and it's hard for me to understand the philosophy of " if it breaks from vibration let's throw more steel at it"
I've owned Metric Cruisers with "V" twins that don't shake near as much. My Big Yamaha twin uses the same 270 crank angle and it is almost completely smooth. But they sell a lot of Harley so something is working...

When the Dealerships Recovery Trailer showed up to get him off the side of the road they admitted they had seen a lot of rear bearing failures lately. Must be a bad batch of Chinese bearings. The Chinese QC is ridiculous. I won't buy anything Chinese if my life depends on it working.

But the funny part about the Trailer Guys statement is they admitted they pick up more BMW motorcycles than Harleys. AND what is my son looking at replacing his Fat Boy with? A BMW! I though I taught him to be smarter than that. I researched for two years for a bug Adventure Bike and chose the Super Tenere' for its engineering and cost. PLUS it was a blank canvas for my crash bar designing business.

Well I gotta got check for damage from last night's storms. We got lucky. Melissa was up most of the night and I crashed about 4:30 this morning
Had a busy day yesterday. Just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer so I told her to wake me up if the Tornado Warning on her Ham Radio went off.
Ah country life!

Lynne are the two coaches you are looking at in Texas down near your sisters in Houston?

BYE YA'LL
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:43 AM   #1965

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
HH, I don't put the snow plow away until May, I still have studded snow tires on DW's Explorer! Curtis, I can see us having many discussions about Honda/Harley (always friendly of course) The tech that worked for me and I would always go back and forth, ( I always won because I signed his paycheck) . I once visited the zippo lighter museum and I saw hundreds of lighters with Harley on them, not one Honda in sight. Sorry I had to throw that one in there, all in good fun. I have a bunch of them.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:36 AM   #1966

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Curtis and Terry;
Please lets not get into the Harley vs Honda debate. They do have one thing in common. Both mechanically have the Harley/Honda miles. Both seem to read consistently fast when it come to the speedometer.

I really do not care what you ride. I will ride with you if you love the thrill of riding without brand b*lls*it thrown in. Although . . . . . a little friendly joshing can be fun.

I can take it but I also dish it out. LOL
Old 04-23-2015, 09:11 AM   #1967

Several of my friends have gotten into dual sports. Considering all the back roads I could ride here in MT, it's tempting...but bikes scare me and I'm practically fearless!
Old 04-23-2015, 10:19 AM   #1968

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, not to fear! I just like the friendly joshing on the subject, I like alot of different brands, my first bike was a 125cc Benelli, of course my second was a 48 Indian Chief, wish I still had that bike, couple of friends bet me to ride it down the hallway at school...........yup I did in one door out the other, they just held the doors for me, got held outta school for a week, but that was ok it gave me time to ride . MT, I have thought about duals too because I would ride here when the roads are not so nice. Have a great day all.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:01 PM   #1969

Had a coughing bout earlier today but wasn't intense. Craved some meat so did a can of sirloin chunky soup with homemade bread (low sugar & low salt). Ate half of it as I didn't want to push my luck. Dogs gladly shared the rest. So on the mend but not there yet. Still real low on energy.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:47 PM   #1970

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
HH, just take it slow and don't push your luck, sounds like your getting there though. Its going to take awhile to get your energy back. Hang in there.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:49 PM   #1971

Ya, & last Saturday I thought I wasdying I was so sick.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:28 PM   #1972

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi guys, just a quick note to let you all know we are back in Thailand! The one month went so fast! Dropped the MH off at Sunland sales in Glendale, Az. It was a sad day for sure, as it turned out to be a great one! Averaged over 10 mpg for the trip! Talk more later! Rail!
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 04:24 AM   #1973

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
HH, Its amazing what a week will bring with meds to make it all better! Rail, It's nice when a plan comes together without a hitch . So glad that your home safe and sound.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:35 AM   #1974

Almost feels this morning like my lungs have cleared up some. Still get light headed if I try to do too much which really isn't much. The amoxicillin is the right drug for this crap but doesn't work over night.