Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:39 AM   #1989

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, 25* and sunny this am, brrr, HH, all that coughing is getting rid of all the junk in your lungs, irritating for sure but necessary. Bap too bad they don't have an antenna for internet service. Rail, its the simple things that will get you every time, good you found it that easy . How often do you plan on doing your Americas tour? HH, sounds like you are going to have quite the system! is your shipping container anchored down or buried? Have a great day all.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2015, 06:50 AM   #1990

For over 100ft underneath me is beach sand so no burying or basements. Conex is anchored at all four corners with 8ft hurricane anchors & bag of sakrete added to each. Then tow chain from anchor to conex frame. I'm use to the military term for metal shipping containers which is short for container express.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:43 AM   #1991

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
HH, yup I lived in a Conex overseas for six months, very familiar with them, of course they had several layers of sand bags on and around them. Sounds like you have it covered for sure.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:56 AM   #1992

Mine has three layers of elastacoat on the outside. Its framed on the inside & paneled with OSB. Solar panels on the roof help by providing some shade.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:21 AM   #1993

HH Storage container shelter?
Oh, we gotta talk!

I am like you guys when it comes to my passions. I don't on care what brand you ride. It's your machine and the wind in your hair that matters most.

As long as I don't take grief for what I choose to ride. You ride with me and we'll have fun.What ever you like to throw your leg over.

Course I tend to go places on my adventure bikes that Cruisers would rather pass up. But hey, you want to try Adventure Riding come on down. I've got several. We'll have a good time exploring where the dirt roads go.

Rail I'm happy for your safe and fun trip. Good memories are hard to buy. My cousin was a Missionary in Thailand for decades. He's semi retired here in Texas now.

Headed out to watch my youngest grandson play soccer this morning. He's only 4, so it like watching an episode of the Keystone Cops.

We've been deluged with storms threatening tornadoes for the past few days. The property is on big swamp. Did I tell you guys I don't miss that work??

Been playing with my 4x4 truck and getting it ready to hit the rocks again. About to pull the steerable trailer frame around I started last year and finish building the camper box on it. Gonna be a cool large teardrop trailer with a kitchen on the side.

Welp, I gotta run...
Old 04-25-2015, 08:31 AM   #1994

Old 04-25-2015, 09:05 AM   #1995

Interesting! PM sent.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:54 AM   #1996

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I've built a few houses from those containers. Some you would never know what the frame was from the outside.

Now here is one thats pretty slick. Not one of mine, but had considered making these for the oil and gas boom. Easy to move with all your stuff in it. Anyway, has some cool features that can be adapted to a coach, TT or TH.

Looks like a CLACer project to me.

HH - Get well bud.

Terry - Hope you get some good weather so you can get back out there.

Rail - Glad you're home safe & sound. See you next time?
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:08 AM   #1997

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning all;
Had some snow last night. About the same as Terry had. Makes it nicer to be inside.

Have a great day.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:50 AM   #1998

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Curtis, I've been watching the weather down there (did I say it was a hobby of mine?) I have everybody's town that I know on my weather site and can keep track of everyone's weather, anyway lots of hail ect, that's rough stuff! HH, nice looks like it'll work for sure. Jay, pretty nice stuff, the weather here has just been cold and windy, they say it's a cold Canadian dip in the jet stream, wouldn't mind it going back up there, no offense Gordon ! But explains why our weather is about the same right now. Catch all later
Old 04-25-2015, 12:00 PM   #1999

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Curtis, I've been watching the weather down there (did I say it was a hobby of mine?) I have everybody's town that I know on my weather site and can keep track of everyone's weather, anyway lots of hail ect, that's rough stuff! HH, nice looks like it'll work for sure. Jay, pretty nice stuff, the weather here has just been cold and windy, they say it's a cold Canadian dip in the jet stream, wouldn't mind it going back up there, no offense Gordon ! But explains why our weather is about the same right now. Catch all later
No offense taken Terry. We laugh about the weather. Chief in our conversation is if you dont like it wait five minutes. If you want to put in our area you could input Edmonton. Our overnight snow skiff melted by 10am. Now it is just cool and breezy. Nice to be watching it from inside.

I find overall if I cannot have the perfect temperature I prefer it to be cooler rather than hotter. I can add clothes and keep active to deal with cool/cold weather but I can only take so many clothes off if it is too hot.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:07 PM   #2000

WOW Terry post #2000 whoda thunk it
Old 04-25-2015, 03:19 PM   #2001

It was two years ago I framed & paneled the inside of my conex. But I remember framing & panels were not 48" on center. I think they were 44" so each OSB panel had to be trimmed, both walls & ceiling.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:33 PM   #2002

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Gordon, put in your location, I just find it interesting how the weather moves across the country and how you get a preconceived notion of what a certain area has for weather, thanks. I have been watching a Vlog on You Tube from this trucker called Trucker Josh, he is a long distance truck driver from Canada that puts up his life every morning in a short video, what I find interesting is the dash cam views, some roads I've been on and alot that I haven't, especially in Canada, I didn't realize that there is alot of flat ground up there, I don't know why I just have this picture in my mind of all mountains and stuff, One of my bucket list items is getting an enhanced license and doing some touring in Canada, it looks very nice. Popeye, I haven't been paying attention to how many hits the thread has been getting it is kinda nuts isn't it? never would have thought it would be interesting to so many people. HH, don't you find it amazing that most things, (at least here) are 48" on center but others things are not? Is the box made in a country that uses metric measurements? might explain it. Have a great night all.