Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:59 AM   #2003

Getting harder to clear the crap out of my lungs so guessing down to the last of it. Throat is alittle sore so may need some moonshine with honey.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2015, 06:26 AM   #2004

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

When I first found your post I was very interested in seeing your progress for several reasons. First I have never owned an RV and wondered at their construction. What better way to learn this than to see it from the ground up. Helps you to understand how things work and what you need to do to fix things.

So, as you were tearing down I watched and as you rebuilt I watched. I'm a person who reads the manuals to things. This was like reading a manual but more in depth.

As you and the others discussed things (that were above my knowledge and skills) I still learned. Not saying I will ever do this (cause I won't), but I find it interesting.

Other discussions gave me more of the knowledge I am going to need when I finally buy a MH. I want to learn. I need to learn. So you are all like my instructors.

The discussions have been very diverse and thorough. I also have learned about knee surgery. Didn't plan on that but it is interesting. Solar, never thought I would be interested in this for my rig but now I am.

What I also didn't expect was to find many interesting and entertaining people that I want to meet someday. This thread is like a good book but alive. The internet allows people who are not near each other to share and become friends. This forum allows a magnificent capacity to exchange knowledge.

Even though we are far apart, it is like being there and stopping off every day after work and seeing the progress. I've enjoyed your thread and hope when you are done with your TH that everyone continues to meet here and visit.

Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:42 AM   #2005

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
Very well said. We have met Bobby and Sally and got to spend some quality time with them, looking forward to meeting the rest of you. If the stars line up we will get to meet Terry, and Jay the first part of August and maybe meet up with you in September.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:19 AM   #2006

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, little warmer this am, 35* but cloudy with rain later. sitting here with ice on the knee after exercising it, challenging but much better. HH, That shine just might clear that right out, ( or make you think it is ) Lynne, When I first started to rebuild the 5th wheel I didn't know what to expect, I had, (still have) questions, after all I had never built an RV before, many different projects but nothing putting it all in one package. Plus putting it out there for the whole world to see is a little daunting, questions in my mind were, (at the time) would this work? could I even do something on this scale? I didn't have a shop to put it in, I was at the mercy of the weather, (still am) I have had so much support from members on the forum, not only for the TH but during my recovery from TKR surgery, and lastly I have made many friends that I believe we will meet at some point and yes we will converse after the TH is done, after all then we will be traveling and I am sure that there will be upgrades, already thinking about putting in a slide but not until I have put some miles on first. Thank you Lynne, because as always you have made me think of things that I may not have, for we are too busy too. Frank, I think the stars will aline somehow. Everyone have a great day.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:28 AM   #2007

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - yes the weather is interesting and always something to discuss. It is said we have two seasons here, Winter and Construction.

Lynne - very well said. The internet is wonderful if used correctly. As you so eloquently pointed out it can bring people with like outlooks and interests from around the world. Strangers are friends we have not met yet.

Time for breakfast so have a great day everyone.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:05 PM   #2008

This morning felt good enough to head to town for some groceries. $100 at the dollar store & $100 at the grocery store. 30 mile round trip. I was beat when I got home. Got the freezer & frig stuff unloaded & called it quits. Paper products & canned goods I'll unload later when it cools down some. Still recovering though.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:35 PM   #2009

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
HH, even through it takes alot out of you it still has to feel good to get out and do something . Sounds like it's hot down there.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:39 PM   #2010

We just had a rain storm an hour ago. But currently 84 with heat index of 91.

Makes me feel a lot better to restock the food stores some.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:55 PM   #2011

Still on the mend but managed two solid meals today.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:58 PM   #2012

HH,
Glad that you are on the mend. Now you have to rebuild your strength, eating solid food and moving around is a good start.
Frank
Old 04-27-2015, 03:40 AM   #2013

Obviously my body wasn't ready for so much solid food. I've been up all night with a trip to the bathroom about once an hour.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:15 AM   #2014

Sorry HH, it will get better. It is a shock to your system, and sometimes takes a couple days for it to get used to the change in food again.
Frank
Old 04-27-2015, 07:19 AM   #2015

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Sorry HH, sometimes antibiotics can cause your stomach to rebel, might have to slow down on the solid foods.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:32 AM   #2016
bap

hey gang, i got online and wanted to say hey to everyone before i loose signal again...

LYNNE, you couldnt have said it better,,exactly ....