Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2015, 01:46 PM   #2017

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingHawk View Post
Obviously my body wasn't ready for so much solid food. I've been up all night with a trip to the bathroom about once an hour.
HH - it is good that the top end and the bottom end are connected and everything between is working. Soft bland foods are the best to start with.

Unfortunately in my case after a spell like you went through "I Want Meat" so I would be prone to going straight to a cheese burger. May not be the best to start with but sure tastes good!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2015, 02:05 PM   #2018

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
bap,
Good afternoon, glad to see that you are still with us. Looking forward to the pics of your next remodel.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:06 PM   #2019

Maybe if there were any nasties in my stomach last night flushed them out.

For a week when I have been taking the amoxicillin been eating half a slice of lunch ham so the amoxicillin doesn't upset my stomach. One of those take with food things.

Having trouble laying down to sleep I brought a patio chair in from the storm shelter. Real comfortable chair that the back adjusts back. Should help me get a nap more often.

Received the 300watt solar kit this morning that I'd previously ordered. Put the box unopened in the storm shelter. I just don't have the energy to deal with it right now.
HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:31 PM   #2020

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good evening, Bap, we need to do something about that intermittent internet we miss your words of wisdom . And the pictures of your next project. HH, hope the nasties got "flushed" I find not being able to sleep disturbs me more than most things. I know how having parts and not being able to install feels, they will be waiting. Going tomorrow to get my second infusion, so will be incommunicado until late in the day. Have a great night all.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:41 PM   #2021

Hope all goes well tomorrow Terry.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:28 AM   #2022

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
HH, the Antibiotic's kill the bacteria in your digestive system, so try to re-introduce some back in, some low fat yogurt will do that! And it tastes good too! Take it slow, I know, it is tough!
Bap, get on when you can, some times later at night, it will not be so busy!
Frank, I bet it is hard to see all your friends leave the park!
Terry, you sound like you will be back hitting it real soon!! We all can't wait!!
Lynne, the dealer that has my MH for sale on consignment, also has 2 Winnabago's! Check them out, the one really looks nice!! He is a very honest dealer, and tells it like it is! They are on rvtrader.com,,, Sunland Sales, Glendale, Az.
Everyone have a great day!! Rail!
Old 04-28-2015, 06:06 AM   #2023
bap

hey guy,s ..
HH, i pray that you get over this thing soon,,sometimes it is better sleeping upright in a chair,,i hope it works for you..

terry,,,im not much on the wisdom side but i really miss not being on here when im not busy,,,im no computer person but it seems it gets eaiser to jump online during late spring through summer,,,and late eveing it is easier but to be honest thAts when i shut down...lol

as far as my next project im working on the winnebago 216sl,,was just going to do a couple small things to it and then put new paint and flooring down,,,,but,,well,,i have it completly gutted and going to change it up...ALOT..may even add a shower/toilet/sink in the big closet we will see ,,,i all but have it to a blank canvas now,,,going to replace the rotted floor today..----the things i find in these old campers are sometimes very funny--when we found this one it had a sign in it that read---weeds sold here cheap--i have found enough weed in it to supply a 1970 party,,,lol....also the guy selling it waS only selling because he needed to pay his electric bill,,,i swear i have found enough money in it to cover what we paid him for it in loose change,,why do people not look at quarters,dimes and nickles as money,,
also i found a vintage colemaN lantern and cook stove in there,,,nice bonus for me..lol
everyone have a great day,,,,will catch ya latter...
Old 04-28-2015, 07:08 AM   #2024

Freightliner Owners Club
Rail,
Yes it is a sad time of the year when everyone starts to leave. There are less than a dozen units left and 5 of those stay year around.
bap,
The Winnie project sounds exciting, keep us updated with progress pics if you can.
Terry,
Wish you the best today, and hope that everything goes easy on you.
Frank
Old 04-29-2015, 04:40 AM   #2025

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Made it thru the treatment yesterday, that's done for six months. Today will be a little slow moving, but will improve as the day goes on. Which is good because its supposed to be 70* and sunny . Thanks all for the well wishes. Bap, funny how a little project mushrooms into a full restore . Where's the pics! Frank, You will be leaving soon, so the next adventure begins. Sounds like your ready too. Well sun is up got to get moving, I have a new battery for my Harley setting here and its still in a nice warm basement so its might be time to wake it up . Have a great day all.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:52 AM   #2026

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

Glad that is done for now, hope you keep improving. I have a feeling if it gets to 70 today you are probably going to be on your bike riding instead of working on the TH. I have already seen riders on the HWY here in MI. It is just too nice not to when you haven't been able to all winter.

Have a great day all. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:38 AM   #2027

Terry glad the app went good , 70* wow haven't seen any of that yet ! Lucky to get to 60* here so far...It's too late to wake the neighbors so go for it !

I've seen a Harley parked at the local Wally World for a couple of months now ,before the snow was gone , one of the employees...... I'm thinking an East Coast ESKIMO !
Old 04-29-2015, 06:54 AM   #2028

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lynne, I think I'll wait till the weekend to ride it's supposed to be nice then too, gives me time to go thru the bikes and service and check them out. Popeye, for years we had an old guy that rode his bike year round he would put some kind of cable tire chains on it and go all bundled up. only transportation he had, haven't seen him in years now so he might have passed, he was up there in years, hardy soul that's all I've got to say.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:43 PM   #2029

Freightliner Owners Club
Terry,
Glad that everything is going good and that your treatment is over with for now. Yep busting my butt to finish everything , Only have to wash the truck tomorrow and dump the black tank, and a few odds and ends left. Want to pull out no later than 9am on Friday. Only about 300 miles to Savannah, so won't be a bad day.
Frank
Old 04-29-2015, 11:59 PM   #2030

Seems I got a slap of reality that my plan to get an A is the right one. I live on a one lane sand road that elevates about 60ft over 1/3 mile from the paved road. County doesn't maintain our road.
Neighbor two houses down rides a Harley Wannabe. Heavy rain & end up with bad washouts sometimes. His wife has a compact truck though. About sundown he drove into his yard with a tractor with a grading blade on the back. He said not so bad getting down the hill but when the sand is dry he often has trouble with fishtailing.
Power lines go up one side of the road so electric company keeps that trimmed back but with most everything else woods brush grows out & the box blade can keep that knocked back.
So up & down the road with a class A should end up being a non issue.