Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:54 AM   #2101

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Tim, welcome back wondered where you were. Gordon, yes that extra whip is the one that has to be watched and planned for. I have the saws set up right near the tail under a canopy. Not sure about the speediness on completion, I'm not moving quite up to speed yet, darn leg still gets tired and achy before the rest of me. I'm not going to worry about trim as you say that will come as we get time, getting the big things done is the plan. Curtis, I'm with Frank hoping all the bad weather goes around you. As far as pictures go there seems to be a problem with getting them on, I have asked the powers that be if I have exceeded my limit, but have not heard back yet. I have tried on my end but can't get them to go. Have a great day all.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2015, 12:19 PM   #2102

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Terry;
You can check out if you have any space left by going to USER CP and look at Attachments under Miscellaneous.

You can see if you have any space left. As an IRV supporter you should have 500 mb to use.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:25 PM   #2103

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Curtis, I totally missed your post about the race car trailer, on the front wheel chocks, yup, I got two of them best thing for the fronts. Gordon, I checked my space and from what I can tell I should have like 400 MB left, I couldn't for the life of me get it to do what I wanted, so I shut it off and restarted.....guess what? it works. So here is a couple of pics of the flooring Home Depot shipped it for free, (came in a plain brown wrapper) cost $99.95
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0505151226.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	607.7 KB
ID:	93555   Click image for larger version

Name:	0505151227.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	584.9 KB
ID:	93556  

Old 05-06-2015, 04:18 PM   #2104

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Nice, But it looks funny all rolled up, it is supposed to be nice and flat and have a door underneath it.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:40 PM   #2105

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, is this better? . actually its just laying there stretching out then I will glue it down later when it cools down, (its too hot!) can you believe that!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0506151313.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	888.6 KB
ID:	93579  
Old 05-06-2015, 04:45 PM   #2106

Monaco Owners Club
Lookin' good Terry! Nice to see you back at work on the TH and feeling better.

-David
Thunderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:18 PM   #2107

Well we're under a Tornado Watch again tonight! YAWN!
Got a nasty one about 75 miles North of me now sprouting a bunch of Tornadoes in Norman / Newcastle Oklahoma.
What else is new? Going to be raining here for the next 7 days.

Yea, it's Pre Spring! We're filling up our lakes so all these California transplants can waste it on their grass this Summer. We don't need no stinking drinking water. They'll just buy their drinking water at the store where it's made. SHEESE!

Thanks guys. We're used to it, just like you guys deal with that cold white stuff.
It's just bidniess as usual here.

Terry it is so good to see you back at the trailer.
You've inspired me to get my little off road camping trailer done.

Don't hurt the knee too far, but push it back into normal as soon as possible.
Good Motorcycle weather here today. Got in a little 80 mile ride today. Wind, rain and all!
Old 05-06-2015, 05:26 PM   #2108

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
That looks much better. I thought you would get a chuckle out of the last post. Are you just going to just glue it down, or you adding a few strategically placed fender washers and screws too?
Curtis,
Glad that the tornado was North of you and not over you.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:23 PM   #2109

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, David, Thanks! it sure does. Curtis, I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I would rather have snow then tornadoes. Had to get a hair cut today so guess what? the bike got some exercise too. Frank, I'm not sure, if I'm just gluing, some of the trailers have an aluminum angle all around, what do you guys think?
Old 05-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #2110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Terry,
That looks much better. I thought you would get a chuckle out of the last post. Are you just going to just glue it down, or you adding a few strategically placed fender washers and screws too?
Curtis,
Glad that the tornado was North of you and not over you.
Frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Evening, David, Thanks! it sure does. Curtis, I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I would rather have snow then tornadoes. Had to get a hair cut today so guess what? the bike got some exercise too. Frank, I'm not sure, if I'm just gluing, some of the trailers have an aluminum angle all around, what do you guys think?

I'd glue the heck out of the mat with a commercial grade spray adhesive then add an aluminum frame around the edges. Maybe some rows of screws with large fender washers spaced out to keep the map against the glue on the base.

Well one thing you ned to remember is getting hit by a bad Tornado is like hitting the lottery. And don't forget we're only talking maybe a half hour of exposure to the worst of storms here. They blow in and out so fast you'd be amazed. Then the air is clean again. With modern Internet we can actually watch the formation in almost real time. And once the storm is passed you can see it on the Net and relax.

No sitting for days cooped up next to the fireplace or shivering under the blankets for days, weeks or even months.

And the best part of storms is they don't build up against the doors and window and special vehicle are not needed to go to the grocery store or ETC. And those vehicles don't freeze up just sitting there.

Course if you live near a flood plain, river or drainage culvert around here you might find a boat and large shop vac handy to have around.

Me, I'm up on a hill 865' above sea level and upwind from Fort Worth.
SO even the nuclear cloud is going to go away from me. Most Likely!

The wife is sitting out on the porch in shorts and shoes off with her camera clicking off cloud pictures with her Sony SLR. Try that during your blizzards!
Old 05-06-2015, 07:34 PM   #2111

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Curtis, , Your right of course, I really dislike snow, the area where I am we have actually been hit with two tornados, they were years apart. One was a couple yrs ago. The aluminum frame was my first thought, I am using the same adhesive that I used for the EPDM I tested a small patch and it looks good, plus they recommended basically the same stuff that I had already.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:56 PM   #2112

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Curtis, , Your right of course, I really dislike snow, the area where I am we have actually been hit with two tornados, they were years apart. One was a couple yrs ago. The aluminum frame was my first thought, I am using the same adhesive that I used for the EPDM I tested a small patch and it looks good, plus they recommended basically the same stuff that I had already.
Gluing and frame sound good. More is better.

Frame at top would be subject to clearance of lowest bike. On our 5er I had to lift the end of the door by 2" and have the suspension at the highest to clear the frame that was around the diamond plate on the door.

It was close but there is something disconcerting to hear a loud snap crack as the bike goes across. Happened once going in and the second time when I forgot to put the shims under the door.

Will the rubber be higher than the floor level? If so that will make the clearance tigher.

Still snowing here but it is melting as it hits the ground.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:06 PM   #2113

Monaco Owners Club
Terry & Gordon, if the door angle is excessive there are various height rubber "bumpers" available that install permanently on the ramp door. This alleviates the need to carry shims or spacers. If the required height is more than the bikes can safely negotiate a folding door extension, as found on many race car trailers, can be installed for a consistent transition. I've seen many TH's that required this type of approach due to the height of the frame and the resultant door angle as in the pic below.

As experienced as you guys are I'm surely being redundant but wanted to throw it out there.... just in case.
-David
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20140502_145851.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	348.5 KB
ID:	93603  
Thunderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:51 PM   #2114

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Thunderfoot. Terry is much more experienced than I. My 5er has the rubber bumpers but only a 7' door and the 5er is quite tall. So it carry a couple pieces of wood and put 3" under the bumpers and 1.5" under the extension. My Gold Wing just clears.

As I recall Terry has a taller door and the trailer is lower so he should have no problems. I am not sure but the Harley may be just a bit lower than the Wing.