Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:49 AM   #2157

Retired Fire Service RVer's
You are too young Jay, you will learn the word when your body doesn't stay up with your mind.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2015, 12:50 PM   #2158

Winnebago Owners Club
Patience is waiting for the proper moment to praise someone or kick their butt. Wisdom is knowing which is the correct action.

When I was younger I was so impatient with my Dad. I would joke that in a three way race he would be in last place if he was racing a rock and a post. However he never or very seldom went back to redo anything. I am trying my best to be more like him every day.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:07 PM   #2159

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
You are too young Jay, you will learn the word when your body doesn't stay up with your mind.
Frank
Odd. I can't remember the last time someone said I was too young. 54 in just a few weeks. However I do understand the body keeping up with the mind bit. All too well. OK, wait. The surgeon did say he thought I was too young to get a new hip and should wait til I'm 60+ because they wear out in about 20 years. Right until I told him nearly all of my family lives to be near or over 100. Then he said well, then you will have 2 no matter what so lets roll. Lose 40 lbs and we will green light it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Patience is waiting for the proper moment to praise someone or kick their butt.
Ahhh, thats what its called. Got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
When I was younger I was so impatient with my Dad. I would joke that in a three way race he would be in last place if he was racing a rock and a post. However he never or very seldom went back to redo anything. I am trying my best to be more like him every day.
I'm a big fan of do it right, do it once. Always enough time to do it right in my book. The only time that does not always hold true is with 4x4's as Shawn & Curtis can attest. Build em tough, then see if you can break it and then fix the weak spots you find. Experience will eventually make those situations minimal.

On another note, all of you guys & gals really make my day chatting with you on this site. Thank you.
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 04:33 PM   #2160

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Nothing new to report on the TH, DW said Its too nice a day to stay home so I'm going for a bike ride, are you going? of course I said yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald
Patience is waiting for the proper moment to praise someone or kick their butt.
Gordon, you have said it well again .
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 05:20 PM   #2161

Terry,
So glad that you are taking time to smell the roses, and to enjoy your retirement.
Jay,
You will find that every decade that you pass, your body will not be able to do what you did just a decade ago, or at least not as easily.
Gordon,
Again your wisdom is astonishing, thank you so much for continuing to share it with us.
Frank
Old 05-09-2015, 11:14 PM   #2162

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Jay,
You will find that every decade that you pass, your body will not be able to do what you did just a decade ago, or at least not as easily.

Frank
Oh great. Thanks for giving me something to look forward to. Sheesh

What happened to "Better with age"?
Old 05-10-2015, 07:50 AM   #2163

Jay,
Its not that bad, you just have to learn to just do what you can, then take a rest before you continue. You also learn to work smarter instead of harder.
Frank
Old 05-10-2015, 08:04 AM   #2164

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning all, Jay, its not all bad, you get to meet alot of new people as you get older......they all have this Dr. thing in front of their name. Frank, you are correct about the smarter, so many times years ago I would just pick something up, now I look around and see what equipment I have that will pick it up for me .
Old 05-10-2015, 09:27 AM   #2165

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Jay,
Its not that bad, you just have to learn to just do what you can, then take a rest before you continue. You also learn to work smarter instead of harder.
Frank
Already learned to do that long ago. Frustrates Patty sometimes when I want to take time to think about how I will do a project before I start it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning all, Jay, its not all bad, you get to meet alot of new people as you get older......they all have this Dr. thing in front of their name. Frank, you are correct about the smarter, so many times years ago I would just pick something up, now I look around and see what equipment I have that will pick it up for me .
Oh, then I must be old already because I keep meeting lots of people whos first name is Doctor. My granddaughter is always telling me "Poppa you're too old to _____"
Old 05-11-2015, 04:30 AM   #2166

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, hope you enjoyed your day of riding, and the break from the TH!
Everyone, you have to learn patience, as you get older, that is for sure! That was the hardest thing for me, slowing down, and pacing myself! I was always hell bent to do things fast, and do them right the first time! I hated going back and fixing something twice, because I did not do it right the first time! So, I learned to slow down, measure twice, cut once! I also learned a lot from watching my dad and friends.
I told Terry I would post pic's of my old Panhead when I could find them, well, they are pic. of a pic, for now, so the quality is not very good! I will try to scan them, and see if it will be better? They were taken at my old house by the lake in Decatur, Il. and the one was taken at my parents house. My good friend Rob, on his superglide, and me and DW#2! Sorry for the poor quality!
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150508141724.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	93957

Name:	20150508141427.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	93958

Name:	20150508141544.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	93959
Old 05-11-2015, 05:40 AM   #2167

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Jay, My granddaughter says the same thing. Rail, great pics , a blast from the past for sure, looks like pictures that I have from that time, those old bikes and a time that was sure way more laid back for sure. Well one more dr. appointment today, a check up on knee # one, two year anniversary for that one. then two more PT appointments this week and I am in the clear . Have a great day all.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:24 AM   #2168

Rail,
The pics are fine, nice looking bike.
Terry,
Glad that you are almost at the end of the knee problem and that you will be back at 100% shortly.
Frank
Old 05-11-2015, 08:38 AM   #2169

Pretty much joined this forum because of this thread. This is exactly something I would do and you have done an amazing job on it!! If my fifth wheel would've been 10' longer I would've done the same exact thing and turned it into a toy hauler. It seems that I may be the young one here at 23 but I'm glad to be part of this forum!
Old 05-11-2015, 10:42 AM   #2170

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome smcox1. 23!! It probably is a bit younger than the majority of us here but mentally all of us are in your category. Still too much innovation and doing going on. We are all getting older but none of us are old.

Great pictures rail. Brings back memories of my first bike.

Jay and Terry - my grand daughters have not said anything like that - yet. But it is going to happen. They are growing up rapidly. They are now becoming young ladies. The days of house wrestling are coming to an end.

Yes we do seem to meet a lot of new people. A friend of ours was discussing that very same thing the other day. Fortunately they all have the same first name (Dr) so I can always call them by name.

Have a great checkup Terry.