Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2015, 10:54 AM   #2171

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Welcome smcox1!! jump in anytime, I am glad that maybe I in some small way can contribute, and inspire someone to jump in and build or rebuild something, however big or small that project may be. I agree with Gordon, we are young in mind if not in body, (we just do things a leisurely pace.) Had a good 2 year left knee check up, if the right knee comes out as good as the left one I will be very happy. Stopped at my Home Depot and picked up some more 2X4s, one more support wall to go, (between the bedroom and cabin). Catch all later.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2015, 06:34 PM   #2172

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Well, the temps today got up to close to 90*, so the inside of the TH was going for the same, figured I better get the AC unit out and clean and test it,........... phew, it works, now to get new seals, and a new shroud. Install it so I can be comfy working inside the TH . Have a great night all.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:04 AM   #2173

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Glad that everything is good with the "old" knee. With the insulation that you have in TH, I would imagine that the single air will keep the inside quite comfortable for you.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:57 AM   #2174

smcox1 just upped the ante. Well done!
(Find your way over to the Just Conversation subforum and join the CLAC!)
Old 05-12-2015, 10:28 AM   #2175

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good afternoon, Frank, I'm thinking the ac should be good. I found a shroud on line so we need to order that up. Of course the temps are going down starting tomorrow, highs in the fifties. Mt yup that always happens someone ups the ante, good idea about him coming over to the CLAC thread. Well just got back from PT one more to go . Have a great day all.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:24 PM   #2176

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner View Post
smcox1 just upped the ante. Well done!
(Find your way over to the Just Conversation subforum and join the CLAC!)
smcox1 you can find CLAC here

Loving those throwback bike pix.

Terry - You're cranking brother. The TH will be road worthy in no time.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:36 AM   #2177

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Jay, thanks for giving the CLAC link. I'm not going to complain about the weather, looking at the weather down south hope all is well. We are in the 50's today and windy, 20 some degrees colder than yesterday, brrr, not really cold just feels it. Getting ready to put up the ceiling in the garage area this weekend, have to glue the headliner material to the luan first. Have a great day.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:53 AM   #2178

Down here just north of Houston we have had 8 inches of rain in just 24 hours.....and still more to come. Two weeks ago had a storm come through and blew down trees everywhere some parts of town were without power for 4 days..but we will take since the past few years we were in a severe drought.....it's just feast or famine with the weather the past few years...lol

Haven't posted much but I check the forums every day keep up the great work Terry and congrats on getting the pt done...one last visit wooohooo!!
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:09 AM   #2179

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
MK, I've been watching the weather down there, like you said it comes all at once or not at all, seen the floods on the tv, glad your safe.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:33 AM   #2180

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Are you ducting the A/C to the bedroom, or does it just blow out the unit itself? If it is not ducted and you have a wall between the living area and the bedroom, it will not cool very well up there. Again, just thinking out loud.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:11 AM   #2181

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, it's not a ducted unit, so I've been thinking of maybe a small fan that will pull off the floor sending it towards the bedroom, I also have a small fan in the ceiling vent, that may pull air from the main living area? It's a relative small area, without the garage its around 200sqft, if I'm not using the garage as living area I can keep the door closed. Any thoughts?
Old 05-13-2015, 09:13 AM   #2182

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey Terry - I'm certainly no HVAC expert but I'll offer my exp after spending 2 summers in the Poconos.

We had a large window unit cooling about 750 sq ft downstairs. Despite NE humidity and heat in the summer of 2012 & 2013 that one window unit kept the room comfortable without using fans to push things around.

Not sure of the BTUs you have with your unit but it seems to me you wont need the fan or ducting. Should you find after using the TH that you need to distribute the air it wouldnt be all that difficult given your skill set to fabricate a low profile baffle/duct to push cool air to the opposite ends and install it over the output of your unit.

So run with what you have already and see what you need to modify later.

There's my 2 cents
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:52 AM   #2183

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Jay, the unit that I have is a 13,500 so its not the big one, I know there is a formula that you can figure how many sq ft it will cool, I think what Frank was saying is that with the wall separating the cooling unit and the bedroom it may not do so well, plus it is higher so the cool air will pool in the kitchen living area, didn't think about it before, but it may not be a problem, might be one of those CLAC upgrades.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:17 PM   #2184

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - are you putting the ceiling in after the outside walls, same as the garage? Scrap that thought as it will not matter. You will likely build the walls for the bathroom after the ceiling is in so taking the ceiling down later would be more difficult.

Cannot recall if you have a truss system in your roof. Our 5er has a truss and they built a rudimentary system to duct the air to the different parts of the trailer.

Not sure what I am asking as I dont know if you have enough room inside your ceiling to build a duct of any sort. The coach has a 6" thick ceiling and it appears the duct is cut into the styrofoam insulation.

The 5er just has the ac dumping into the box the ac sits on. The box is sealed and leads into the ducts. The bottom of the ac has vents you close to partially divert the cool air into the ducts/vents.

This would seem to me to be a you can pay me now or really pay me later things. Of worth would be to sit a fan on the floor of the kitchen pointing at the bedroom when using ac.

I expect most of the cooling will be using the fantastic fan. Open the vents in the bedroom and turn the fantastic fan to exhaust to draw in cool air in the bedroom. We used that method 95% of the time in the 5er. The coach is not equipped as well for air flow. They seem to depend on the ac units.

« Goooodmorning!!! | - »