Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2015, 12:53 PM   #2185

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Gordon, Yup the ceiling goes in after the walls, and the bathroom walls after the ceiling, you have it correct . The trusses are solid and there is no way to run ductwork in the ceiling, I agree with you that ether the ceiling fans or a small fan on the floor will be the way to move the air. I use the Fantastic fan now to vent the heat out of the garage area, it works really well and would recommend the upgrade to anyone that doesn't have one, You at the time told me about them and thanks for that.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2015, 06:24 PM   #2186

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Sorry that I didn't think of the duct work earlier for you, but as long as you can get the air movement, you should be fine, and as for shutting off the garage, that will help tremendously with both heating and cooling. I would think that 200 sq. ft. will cool pretty good with the 13,500Btu unit. The fantastic fans draw a lot of air, I have 3 of them, bedroom, commode room, and kitchen/living room. The outside temps have to be above 85* before we even turn the A/C on, we just open the windows and turn the fans on low and as long as there is any air movement, it stays comfortable.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:35 PM   #2187

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Frank, no problem, Eleanor and I are not big AC people as a rule, of course we live in the northeast not the south so that might have something to do with it . Didn't get to do alot today the weather was not cooperating, PT tomorrow LAST ONE ! and no more Dr. appointments in sight. So we can get moving with no more distractions. Have a good night all.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:28 AM   #2188

Freightliner Owners Club
Terry,
The weather has been fighting you all winter, it just won't let up. Glad that you are on your last PT, hope that the knee continues to gain strength and not give you any problems. Packing up Thursday for another move on Friday. This feels strange after sitting all winter in one place, now packing up every couple weeks. Oh well, till the life that we chose, and am happy with it. In fact Rita and I were talking tonight and we will be completing our 2nd year full timing this September. It doesn't seem like it has been that long, until we start looking at where we have been and what we did.
Frank
Old 05-14-2015, 01:38 AM   #2189

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, as well as you have the TH insulated you will be fine with the A/C the way it is. If you think you need better flow into the bedroom, I think it would be easy to duct the A/C from the front vent thru the top of the wall and into the bedroom, I think you have the headroom clearance, so just a matter of attaching it to the opening on the A/C, running it to a box/vent in the top of the wall between the living/bedroom? then just a decorative box around the duct? Just thinking outloud? But, honestly, I think it will run you guys out, with just a small fan directing it up to the bedroom! Heck, I cooled the whole downstairs of a small 2 bedroom house with a 10,000 btu window unit, just had a couple of fans to move the a/c where I needed it!!
Rail!
Old 05-14-2015, 05:55 AM   #2190

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Last PT today . going to be sunny and no wind today so maybe I can get something done today . Frank, When we are traveling on the bikes we kinda get into a routine that Eleanor and I always do, I would imagine that most would do that when traveling, getting into the routine of breaking camp and moving, where are you going next? Rail, yup I think that its (ac) is going to be one of those things that we will see and retro fit if its a problem down the road, might be one of those things that alot of people would do if presented with a solution. And I suspect it won't be a problem unless we are down south or south west in the summer. 32* this morning but warming rapidly. Have a great day all.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:30 AM   #2191

Freightliner Owners Club
Terry,
I agree with Rail, I was thinking the same thing last night about the duct work on the ceiling and then the decorative trim around it. We are heading to Charleston, SC tomorrow, only 100 miles away, so just a short jaunt. We will stay there until the 1st of June, then on to Ohio, hopefully it will be summer time there by then and not fall like last summer. It cooled down a little for the next couple days, will only be in the upper 70's to low 80's. Today is clean the grill and put it away, get fuel in the truck( I hate filling the auxiliary tank, well, I should say paying to fill it,lol) etc.
Have a good day all,
Frank
Old 05-14-2015, 10:30 AM   #2192

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Frank, Charleston is nice, I have sister not too far away from there, and used to spend some time there when I was in the Corps. I understand about filling the tanks, I will have two tanks on the TV that I'm putting together for I think it was close to 200 gals. I'm not going to like to fill ether.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:09 PM   #2193

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rebuild

Good Evening, I have the garage area ready for the ceiling, I use 3/4" strips to give an area to pass wiring thru, and it also will be an air space. I have prepped the luan by cutting the holes for the light wires and speakers. I also installed the diamond plate on the wall between the garage and cabin. Eleanor and I have to glue the headliner material to the luan and paint the new wall. then its trim and a plate on the floor for the doorway, and install the door.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0514151849.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	500.4 KB
ID:	94287   Click image for larger version

Name:	0514151849a.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	512.3 KB
ID:	94288  

Click image for larger version

Name:	0514151850.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	446.6 KB
ID:	94289  
Old 05-14-2015, 06:29 PM   #2194

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry and Eleanor,

It looks very nice! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:11 PM   #2195

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good afternoon, Thanks Lynne !
Old 05-15-2015, 12:52 PM   #2196

Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Everyone,
Sitting in the campground just outside of Charleston, had a nice uneventful easy run up here, took a little over 2 hours. Nice small park, not fancy, will do some site seeing next week.
Terry,
Looks better and better, every picture. Glad that you are done with PT.
Lynne,
We are excited for you, so I can only imagine how excited that you are. 9 more sleeps?
Frank
Old 05-15-2015, 03:04 PM   #2197

Terry
Wow , PT behind you , parts in the shop , I think the show is about to begin !!!!
Just go slow at first , the first trip in the TH will be before you know it !

I'm headed to my summah job in a day or two , the beast will be back on the road even if just for 35 miles , it sure will feel good.

I talked to the manager about motorcycles , I can't have one to ride around the campground but someone on one (or two!) can come camp out!

I just bought a pair of boat shoes on clearance at wally's the only pair left and my size and just $9, meant to be mine I guess ! Now I won't have to wear my hiking boots to work.........
Old 05-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #2198

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Frank, glad for the uneventful move, that's a nice area your in now. Yup I am also glad to be done with PT makes life alot easier. Did some wiring today so I can get another piece of wall up, this wiring will go to radio power and speakers and a switch for outside 12v lighting and a 110 plug in. Hey Popeye be good to be moving to your summer digs! Going slow is nooo problem right now, good to hear motorcycles are allowed.