Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:50 AM   #2213

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rebuild

Good Afternoon, Hi guys, I completely understand about making sure that the bikes don't go anywhere after all I'd have to fix them if they did . Basically I'm going with the recommendation that the E Track manufacturers say to do. Then I will go with more, maybe with a connecting link to the frame with each one. Big Foot that's a good idea marking the landing gear so you know before hitting the end . I now have the ceiling panels all up in the garage, here's a couple when we started, I have to finish putting lights and all the Rosettes up, trim around the fan ect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0517150818.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	670.2 KB
ID:	94505   Click image for larger version

Name:	0517150830.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	442.4 KB
ID:	94506  

Name:	0517150932.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	391.0 KB
ID:	94507   Click image for larger version

Name:	0517150953.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	444.5 KB
ID:	94508  

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2015, 02:15 PM   #2214

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Frank, if you can build it, you can over-build it.

I once put up a satellite dish in my previous S&B, and a tornado could have taken out the house, but that dish would still have been there.
I'm unfamiliar with the term Over Build.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:17 PM   #2215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
I'm unfamiliar with the term Over Build.
That's that thing you do when you have to hold your hands up to get to it!
Old 05-17-2015, 05:29 PM   #2216

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Looks good Terry, It is coming together, and looking like a new unit. Big-foot has a good idea, I have mine marked for fully retracted, so I don't strip a miter gear, never had a problem with over extending, but mine sits low to begin with, so I don't have to raise them as far.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:00 PM   #2217

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rebuild

Good Evening, The ceiling is done, still have more work to do like cabinets, more trim work, but the bulk is done, onward and upward. hard to get a pic of it, but here's what I got. Yup, I had to put more staples in the trim pieces on the ceiling. The big light in the center is the LED 110 volt light, the four 12 volt lights will be converted to LEDS, I bought new LED lights for there but they were not bright enough, so they will be moved to inside closets.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0517151639.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	413.4 KB
ID:	94555   Click image for larger version

Name:	0517151604 (1).jpg
Views:	36
Size:	358.5 KB
ID:	94556  

Old 05-17-2015, 07:25 PM   #2218

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry, that looks very good.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:39 PM   #2219

That looks really nice Terry! Good work!!!!!

I was just looking at the ceiling in the slides of my Toy Hauler and telling the wife I wanted to get some sort of light-weight carpeting to glue up there... I really don't want to have to put in a new ceiling, just doll up what's there.. There's a little warpage from the leaks that it once had.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:49 PM   #2220

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, Thanks! Randy, We used Headliner material, it was really not bad price wise, and its lite weight so it'll glue easily, here's a link where we got it. Wholesale Fabric Suppliers | Modern Upholstery Fabric - Toto Fabrics
Old 05-17-2015, 08:00 PM   #2221

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning All. Jay, the mind is not what it once was, I am making lists now if I can ......find the lists. Frank, all the "factory" Toy Haulers I have checked out only have them screwed to the floor, I don't know what the thickness of their floors are but mine are 3/4" and according to the specs if screwed with the proper size spacing ect. it will be strong enough. The plates that I am using are rated (each) for a 1000lbs (if installed right) so I will have four plates for each motorcycle tie down, hopefully I have planned right, maybe Gordon can jump in, he has alot of experience in hauling the bikes in a TH. PushedAround, the way the chock is made they don't flip up when you hit the upright, we used them in the bike shop just freestanding to make room because upright the bikes use less room when we were storing them. Really all we are doing is using the chock to keep the bikes up so we can tie them down. We are building the ceiling panels today, big step hopefully we have figured the process correctly and it works . Have a great day all.
Quote:
Good Afternoon, Hi guys, I completely understand about making sure that the bikes don't go anywhere after all I'd have to fix them if they did . Basically I'm going with the recommendation that the E Track manufacturers say to do. Then I will go with more, maybe with a connecting link to the frame with each one. Big Foot that's a good idea marking the landing gear so you know before hitting the end . I now have the ceiling panels all up in the garage, here's a couple when we started, I have to finish putting lights and all the Rosettes up, trim around the fan ect.
Quote:
Good Evening, The ceiling is done, still have more work to do like cabinets, more trim work, but the bulk is done, onward and upward. hard to get a pic of it, but here's what I got. Yup, I had to put more staples in the trim pieces on the ceiling. The big light in the center is the LED 110 volt light, the four 12 volt lights will be converted to LEDS, I bought new LED lights for there but they were not bright enough, so they will be moved to inside closets.
Have not got this multi quote thing figured out. I was all set to have a great time as some of the pictures needed captions. Anyway.. . . .

The back of the chocks could be bolted down but that would be big overkill. If the chock were the only thing holding the bike up bolts at the back would be warranted. Since the bike needs lateral stability the tie downs at the side keep the bike from rising. That leaves the chock with having to deal mostly with shear force to the front under heavy braking.

I installed our chocks with bolts through the floor. Sort of a take on Franks theory on building. I agree "Nothing succeeds like excess!" I used 3/8 inch bolts with large washers to bolt our chocks down. There are four bolts for the mounting plate, but only two 7/16 to hold the chock to the plate. The e-track on the 5er is only screwed into the floor, but every 6". It has held for many miles. I have broken several ratchet straps but the e-track seems to be very stable.

On to the next topic. The picture of the rolling pin. My first thought was "Wonder what kind of pie? Rhubarb?, blueberry?, apple? Then I came to the sad realization: No pie, it is to roll the fabric on the luan. I was sad for the pie part but the product looks almost good enough to eat. ALMOST! LOL.

Finally the last one. The pictures of the LED boob light. Have not seen a boob light for years. But I bet the light will make the garage seem like daylight.

I like the results of the installation. It is looking very professional. At the pace that is going on the TH will be on the road on schedule. Getting a bit ahead now will give some breathing room for the inevitable issue that will be discovered in the future.

Got to figure out how to copy pictures!!
Old 05-17-2015, 09:37 PM   #2222

Quote:
Frank, Thanks! Randy, We used Headliner material, it was really not bad price wise, and its lite weight so it'll glue easily, here's a link where we got it. Wholesale Fabric Suppliers | Modern Upholstery Fabric - Toto Fabrics
Thanks for the link... I will be ordering some samples from them for my camper ceiling..
Old 05-17-2015, 10:51 PM   #2223

Looks factory. You're going to get people begging you to do their rigs now !

I painted my ceiling with white semi gloss latex usinga foam roller to give it some texture.
Thinking of doing the whole interior that way so I can find mosquitoes easy ! skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh
Old 05-18-2015, 05:36 AM   #2224

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Gordon, Thanks for the comic relief , Eleanor has been known to shake that rolling pin at me at times . The "boob" light is very bright, we got that idea looking at some new RV's, apparently something coming back? but we have replaced several light fixtures in the S&B with LEDS too. Randy, your welcome, we were pleased with the company and their products, we did the same thing ordered samples and picked from that. Popeye, Thanks!, that'll work, mosquitoes can run but they can't hide . How's the workcamping going? Going to be a nice day today, rain tomorrow, see what I can get done. Have a great day all.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:33 AM   #2225

Looking good!

Terry, looks real nice! The headliner material is a really nice idea. I thank you for the link as I just ordered some samples. Love the progress and glad your doing better with the knee on the mend. Bob J
Old 05-18-2015, 06:53 AM   #2226

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Bob, Welcome aboard! Thanks! I have to give my DW credit she found it after searching for something to do with the ceiling.