Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2015, 03:56 AM   #2269

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Frank, that's okay! its good to keep me on my toes . because you never know..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2015, 05:46 AM   #2270

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Rvpopeye,
Yeah they were almost a steady line last evening here too, till after 9pm. most are pull throughs where we are at, but like you said, funny to watch them come in. Watched one family in a popup behind us, their friends had already got here and were helping them set up. Pulled up and unhooked, then realized that it wasn't level side to side. Hooked back up to TV and put it up on some wood, didn't chock the wheels, when they unhooked, of course it rolled right off, luckily no one got hurt.they hooked back up for the 3rd time and this time they chocked the wheels before unhooking.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:24 AM   #2271

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, looking good!! It won't be too long, and your biggest decision will be where to go next! And, how are you going to get us all down to Curtis's for that slide out install!!!
Frank, and Popeye, that is one of my favorite things, is people watching, in the CG's, and when I was working, the truckstop's! You never know what you will see!!
When we went to the Grand Canyon Sky Walk, of course there were people from all over the world there, and you never know when the big burly guy that is afraid of heights is going to freak out when he looks down through the glass floor! Happened when we were there! Now that's some funny stuff, right there!! We all came to his rescue, and assured him, that it was ok! He still made a quick exit though! It did give you that funny feeling in the bottom of your stomach, that something here is just not right!!
Everyone, have a great day!! Rail!
Ps, remember me saying how I dislike the mosquitoes, here is my desk, and the zapper, both under and laying on the top on the left side! Go ahead, Make My Day!
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150523200933.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	94999
Old 05-23-2015, 10:13 AM   #2272

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Looking good Terry. Sure have come a long way from where you were when you drug that 5er home.

Noticed the slide came up a few more times.

Keep in mind we will have a forklift big enough to install it over at Liberty Farms and a shop to build it and get you out of the weather since you know it will be next year if at all we will be ready for you.

Curtis is close by relatively speaking we can team up on it. RV hookups enough for all and another 5er for you and Elanor to sleep in while we cut a hole in the side of that beauty.

Gotta love having CLACer friends adding projects to your rig for ya, huh?

Curtis would enjoy meeting my cousin Robby and his son just down the road. They race modifieds and have a pretty nice shop there too. CLACers without an RV.

Gotta go over to Goooodmorning!!! before I get busy working this morning. Zooooom!!
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #2273

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rebuild

Good Afternoon, Frank, as long no one gets hurt its fun to watch some people set up camp. Rail, that will be an easy decision after all this . I love the sceeter control between the two it should take care of them . Jay, I look back at some of the first pics and just shake my head. Still up in the air on the slide but it may be a possibility when we all meet we will put our heads together, (that could be dangerous). . Worked on the closet area today and started an enclosure over the water system.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0523151735.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	447.8 KB
ID:	95020   Click image for larger version

Name:	0523151735a.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	453.6 KB
ID:	95021  

Old 05-24-2015, 05:34 AM   #2274

Looking good!

Terry, It's looking good. Enjoy your weekend!
BobJNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:42 AM   #2275

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
It is really coming together Terry, won't be long now.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:20 AM   #2276

Terry
Not sure if I've commented on this yet but I really like the idea of running the water lines like you are doing.

First day in the boathouse yesterday , Very windy off the lake and a cool 45* when I left the rig ,had to layer up. Not many braving a boat rental.
Beach report ,,,,no whales sighted , just a little guy with his new remote controlled boat literally jumping for joy when he saw it go !

Live band in the pavillion on sat nights , good country and quiet enough that I didn't hear them from my site.That will come in handy for bands that aren't so good! Skuh kuh kuh kuh
Old 05-24-2015, 07:40 AM   #2277

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Thanks guys, Popeye, I figured running the water lines inside like this will make them so they won't freeze and or easy to repair if necessary. Good to hear about the whales they would have been blue at 45* , nice about the bands, quiet it good. working on the cabinet for the furnace, reefer and electric panel today.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:28 AM   #2278

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Terry;
I think things will go quite quickly now.

Do you have room to put small side tables on either side of the bed? Great for laying in bed and having a morning coffee if that is what you enjoy.

Self closing drawer slides on the drawers are a bit better IMO than the standard latching RV slides. So do not miss the lift and pull of the old slides. Now is just a pull and the drawer is open. If it is closed you know it will stay closed unlike the latching type that sometimes come open on rough roads.

Popeye. Nice to have a day or two to become familiar with the system before the crowds appear.

Enjoyed Terry' blue whale pun.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #2279

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rebuild

Good Afternoon, Gordon, trying to get the "big" things in, then I'll go back and trim up and finish. here's a pic of where the "important" stuff has to go. I have to build walls drill holes for drains ect. for now its just mocked up so I can tell where the next thing has to go. The tub will be replaced with a new one as that one is discolored, sink too so it will match. The black plywood is where the furnace goes, then on top of that is where the reefer is. and all that wire has to be loomed and put away. Phew .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0524151300.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	429.5 KB
ID:	95118   Click image for larger version

Name:	0524151231.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	452.0 KB
ID:	95119  

Old 05-24-2015, 12:33 PM   #2280

Gulf Streamers Club
Looking good Terry. I re-wired my wet bay and fresh water tank area with GFI outlets so I could put in thermostatically controlled incandescent light bulbs to keep area from freezing. Both have some heat from furnace but if we are camping with electricity included, I will keep areas warm with electricity instead of propane. Just another suggestion from the peanut gallery.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:15 PM   #2281

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - if you are changing stuff like tubs and sinks you should have the new ones in hand before fitting. I replaced the sink in the 5er and although it said it was the same dimensions they must have used a metric tape measure. It was close but I ended up having to modify the opening and plumbing.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:04 PM   #2282

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Ron, That's a good idea for the lights it will be warmed by the furnace but why not use electricity if we can. Gordon, To answer your question on the stands by the bed, I will have room for a couple of folding shelves on ether side, the head of the bed is next to the nose which will be built into a storage unit so don't want to block access, but do need an area to put things next to the bed. Good idea to have the new items in hand the tub I know I can get the same brand so should fit but the sink not sure and I need to replace the counter top too, to match all the counter tops.