Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:41 PM   #2297

Winnebago Owners Club
Yup - anything crushed is going to be more stable because of the fracture. I like the 3/4 because generally it has a high fracture count and is small enough to form a reasonably tight surface.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2015, 05:41 PM   #2298

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rebuild

Good Evening, Gordon, Yes, the only reason I like the crusher run is it packs good for the bikes to run on, the other thing I have done is use the 3/4 and top it with stone dust, water it down and roll it and its like concrete. I rebuilt the flip down table cut it down and shortened it, mounted it on the end of the sink cabinet to be able to bring it up for more counter space and or for a quick counter to do most anything on. Now I need to replace the Formica top with the same Formica I used on the sink to match it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0525151819.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	432.1 KB
ID:	95236   Click image for larger version

Name:	0525151818.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	415.8 KB
ID:	95237  

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:00 PM   #2299

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Not only will that be a good prep counter, but it will be a good breakfast table with a couple of stools that are the right height, looking out the window right there, the scenery will be awesome. If there is usually just the 2 of you, you won't have to put in a dinette if you can use the space for something else. When you have company for dinner, you can just put a portable table and chairs in the garage to entertain in.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:25 PM   #2300

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Frank, you got it! that's what we were thinking . I've got plans on building a table that will attach to the E Track in the garage, and store it in under the master bed that I will build on hinges and lift rods to help lift it. I would like to be able to use as much of the garage area as I can when the bikes are out.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:42 PM   #2301

Winnebago Owners Club
I LIKE it!! Thinking outside of the box or off of the table!
Old 05-25-2015, 06:53 PM   #2302

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, thanks! we were also thinking that when the counter is down there would be room for a small stuffed chair, not sure we have to look around.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:42 PM   #2303

Lynne and Terry got a good sampling of "Everything's bigger in Texas" weather today. We, Melissa, Lynne, Terry and I took a drive into Justin TX to gas up the Coach for their trip out to Lynne's Sisters. And as luck would have it the weather was good when we left but turned nasty just as we pulled back into the driveway. Since the Weatherman said more later they decided to stay tonight and head out tomorrow.

Good thing, and it gives us another evening to hang out together.
We have rock here called road base which I'm going to lay down heavy and pack it down followed by more pea gravel to fill in the roughness.
Should be fine. It's just been raining here for 3 weeks and all the rivers and lakes are bursting at the seams. The ditch in front of my house is a Class 4 Kayak river now.

Sorry for the hijack. I just got going and couldn't stop.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:05 AM   #2304

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Curtis, no biggie on the hijack, hopefully the weather clears so Lynne and Jerry can get to her sisters, weather channel didn't look good. Take care down there.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:25 AM   #2305

Terry,
You are doing great on planning ahead, the e-track attachment on the table is a good thought. Comfortable stuffed chair and couch are necessities, especially the more you use the unit, you will end up in bad weather sooner or later.
Curtis,
Hope that you guys stay OK and the bad weather keeps going around you. Glad that you get to visit with Lynne and Jerry for a little while longer.
Frank
Old 05-26-2015, 06:51 AM   #2306

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Frank, Now as we are putting the cabin together Eleanor and I are just sitting and looking around and saying what if this or what if that and just trying to figure some of the things that could happen, or I could use this here kinda thing. Chances of showers all week so working around them, putting in more clearance lights today, then working on the furnace reefer area.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:15 AM   #2307

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

Haven't been on much the last few days. Been trying to learn our rig. The progress you are making is great! You two are going to have a very nice rig. By the time Eleanor get done with the pads for the nook seating that will be a nice place to sit and read.

Curtis was showing me his coach and what he plans to do to it and I think has some great ideas. I know having a slide makes a lot of difference in living space. We put ours in yesterday and when we got back in last night left it in. Still plenty of room but when it is out, much more.

I had missed about four pages of your thread and rad through them to see the progress and I think the guys may be right that you could be done by July 4th.

Lynne

I think at this point Curtis would gladly send you some rain. They have had more than enough down here. Water is laying everywhere and most places you don' want any. By the time it drys out enough for him to mow he will need a bush hog. But the grass is sure green.
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:34 AM   #2308

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Looking good Terry. 4th of July does look doable at this point, provided Murphy stays away.

One thing Patty and I were planning for our coach was a table and chairs for outside in the "Patio" area. But it had to save space and be fairly light but not flimsy like a card table. Imagine 2-4 people cutting steak on a card table. Beverages everywhere.

Spotted a setup like this a while back and thought this would be perfect. Reasonable price too and it would easily fit into the basement. In your case, garage.

Open: 58"(W) x 36"(D) x 29"(H) both leaves open
Closed: 36"(W) x 8"(D) x 29"(H)
Item Weight: Approximately 47 lbs.
SKU: Linon-901NAT-AB-KD-U
UPC: 753793901015

http://www.aeiflex.com/shop/totally-...95EBD9AF3D1BC1
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:46 AM   #2309

Jay,
That table looks good.
Lynne,
Glad that you guys are getting along good, hopefully the weather is going to dry out now, weather forecast shows dry for at least a couple days. Safe travels. Please try to keep us posted on your whereabouts when you leave Curtis's, so we all know that you guys are ok.
Frank
Old 05-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #2310

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Hi Frank, Now as we are putting the cabin together Eleanor and I are just sitting and looking around and saying what if this or what if that and just trying to figure some of the things that could happen, or I could use this here kinda thing. Chances of showers all week so working around them, putting in more clearance lights today, then working on the furnace reefer area.
I think using your imagination before building is a great idea. As I recall you previously did some mock ups to get an appreciation of space and arrangements. I imagine you kept some of the cardboard furniture or can replace it easily.

As Frank mentioned a couple comfortable chairs can be important. I believe both inside and outside have to be considered. Sitting in a comfortable lounge chair under the awning while it is raining can be very enjoyable (unless there are a lot of mosquitoes out!!). We had a couple La Fuma's thrown in when we bought the 5er and use them a lot, both in good and bad weather. Nothing like sitting out on a warm evening and sipping on a coffee or water, or your choice. I especially like the fall and spring in Yuma where it will still be 70 - 75 at 10pm.

I like the table Jay found. We went for a patio set for our RV site and keep a couple fold up in a bag tables for when traveling. We have not full out traveled with the MH yet so what we include for the traveling will be a learning experience.

Am enjoying pictures of the progress and looking forward to more.

Task for the day is to build scaffolding to repair a brick arch that was knocked down when a friend stumbled while taking off his work boots at the front door. Have cleaned up the bricks and should be getting after it. Have never done anything like this before so am taking my time and trying to think everything through. I think it is commonly known as procrastination!!

Have a grand day everyone.