Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2015, 05:46 PM   #2325

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Afternoon, Frank, Thanks!, working on the bathroom walls and a support under the "bathtub" if you call a 24"X36" rectangle a tub . built a wall for the end of the tub and also the doorway, installed the door. Everything needs to trimmed later. Do you think this Reefer will grow up to fit the hole?
LOL - perhaps - do you have miracle grow? If it works on the fridge you could fill the tub with it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2015, 06:49 PM   #2326

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Gordon, that little reefer has been thru alot and it keeps on ticking, it was built into my tool box at work, (yup I have a very large tool box setup), and on the counters of both my shops to keep creamers cold for customers coffee ect. I don't know how old it is. The bathroom is small but we don't require much, the "tub" is big enough to take a shower in so that's ok. Well enough for one day, Have a good night all.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:10 PM   #2327

I had a small tub like that in my class A . It was perfect for doing laundry with a (new) plunger.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:10 AM   #2328

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
You are funny, you might want to build a shelf for that little fridge in the garage, it is always handy to have extra fridge space. We have one of those 12v/110v combination ones in the front compartment for the drinks when we are sitting out under the awning, we can also use it as a freezer if we want to. I agree with trim it later, the goal now is to finish hat you need to so you can use it, the trim you can do anytime, although, I know that you won't b able to leave it long without the trim done.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:46 AM   #2329

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Hi Gordon, that little reefer has been thru alot and it keeps on ticking, it was built into my tool box at work, (yup I have a very large tool box setup), and on the counters of both my shops to keep creamers cold for customers coffee ect. I don't know how old it is. The bathroom is small but we don't require much, the "tub" is big enough to take a shower in so that's ok. Well enough for one day, Have a good night all.
We all seem to have a little fridge like that. I bought one years ago when I was staying in motels to manage construction projects. I would fill the fridge with stuff for lunches, cold drinks, etc. Now that I am no longer on the road it sits downstairs and is used to keep drinks cold.

I have an old Fridgedare in the garage for a beer fridge but it has not been run for several years, actually since it came out of the basement and was placed in the garage. I have to reorganize the garage obviously. I have been threatening to do some air brushing on it but other tasks seem to have a higher priority.

I had a 5er in the 70's that had a tub. It was small but it seemed to be alright. I always showered as I had to haul water so filling a tub with enough water to bath was problematic. Shower = 1 pail, bath = 5 - 10 pails.

I somewhat agree with Frank about the possibility of taking the small fridge along as an auxliary cool container. We found that the evaporative fridge in the 5er was large enough if we managed it and now the residential fridge has lots of space. With the bikes in the garage space quickly becomes a premium. A trip or two will sort issues like that out quickly. Nice to have it as an option.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:49 AM   #2330

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Popeye, I can just see you doing laundry in the bathtub, . Frank, Yup, that little Reefer is going somewhere, just haven't figured out quite where yet. Once the big stuff is done then I can get into the trim "mode", right now its kinda the rough in mode. Haven't got on like usually do, I've been starting at 6:00 am and I get done around 8 pm or so, there are some breaks in between, (more than I like). Today the new gasket and shroud for the AC is coming, hope to get it up on the roof tonight when all the help gets home, I haven't figured how to get it up alone yet. Also the new antenna is coming today so I should be able to get alot of roof stuff done shortly. I need to go tomorrow and help the person that we flipped his axles on his TH, he has a sidecar that goes on his motorcycle, needs it put on so we can install his wheelchock. Hi Gordon, slipped in there while I was typing.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:41 AM   #2331

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rebuild

Fed Ex just dropped off my AC Shroud, Yaaah. And this is why I needed one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0529151051.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	648.0 KB
ID:	95569   Click image for larger version

Name:	0529151050.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	517.0 KB
ID:	95570  

Old 05-29-2015, 09:46 AM   #2332

Terry
I got the new AC on my old rig using half of a long aluminum ext ladder.
Just leaned it up on the roof and pulled the AC up on the "rails" with a piece of rope. I had a friend to spot it as far as she could reach but nobody had to lift anything !!

Washing the clothes in the tub was the best option while extended boondocking. Hey , it's not like I was in there stomping them like a bunch of grapes while taking a shower. Now THAT would have been a you tube moment!
Old 05-29-2015, 11:16 AM   #2333

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Looking good Terry. Wont be long now.

That spare fridge reminded me I have all the parts for a kegerator. Now where to put that in a coach. Hmmmmm. All in the name of being environmentally friendly of course. All the bottles saved ya know.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:39 PM   #2334

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rebuild

Popeye, that would be a sight to see . The ladder thing has me thinking I have a good ladder.................. Jay, we all have to look out for the environment, there must be someplace to put that. well USPS delivered my antenna sooo I had to put it on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0529151352.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	616.5 KB
ID:	95581   Click image for larger version

Name:	0529151356.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	432.3 KB
ID:	95582  

Old 05-29-2015, 03:05 PM   #2335

That a CB antenna?
I'll have to plug mine in and wait for some NY skip...................my handle's ...............wait for it.....................................popeye!
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh
Old 05-29-2015, 04:09 PM   #2336

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, nope just an AM/FM antenna, I do have CB equipment, all left over from my trucking days. I use it when on the road.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:21 PM   #2337

Yeah , I thought that's what it was , but just don't hear anything on the CB anymore.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:43 PM   #2338

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Like I said all these little things being done are starting to add up, it will be no time and you will be ready to try her out.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote