Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #2381

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;
We are finally getting a bit of moisture here. We have had about a 1/4 inch so far and is supposed to have more moisture until noon. Then predicted for showers until Thursday.

The arch is still standing. Test run done. No one was hurt during the event. Have walked under it several times but doubt I will try swinging on it. Thought I would throw in a picture. No picture - did not happen!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1894.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	96008

All that is left is to move a half wine barrel under it for plants.

Terry is making progress at a rapid rate. Hard to keep up with it. Nice to see the pictures.

Our 5er has a full width closet across the front. We are able to carry far more clothes than we need or use. However we had clothing for every situation we could possibly run into. Closet space in the coach is slightly smaller but we are still prepared.

The bed in the 5er is on a slide on the street side which leaves the front for the closet. I built some shelves in it besides the hang ups so a lot of stuff could be stored. Still with everything loaded the weight on the pin is 2645.

Which brings a thought to the amount of weight Terry will generate with the two Harleys loaded. I suspect that he might be quite light. Should not be an issue with the triple axle but something to keep in the back of ones mind.

Frank - coming west sooner rather than later is better IMO. If you dont like it you can always head back east. Lots of pretty country to see out here.

Have a great day everyone.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2015, 09:43 AM   #2382

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Drizzling here again this morning, we've got around 2" so far. Rail, thanks on the door, its gotta get painted it sticks out like a sore thumb. Frank, we have more closets in other areas of the TH so I think we will be ok. Gordon, all kidding aside the arch looks great, always liked that look, My grandparents lived in a Spanish style house that was all arches, seemed like everywhere. I thought about my pin weight might be light but with the bath up front, battery bank and propane plus there is room under the front where I could put another water tank. Oh and most of the solar panels are up front.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:40 AM   #2383

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Looking good Terry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Jay, you buy that one and I'll ride my motorcycle down and pick it up and deliver it to you for the cost of the diesel it takes to move that Monster.

I'll even pay my own way!

Course it might take me a few stops to get it to you. But, I'll keep it nice.

I could use the vacation!
Why, that's mighty kind of you Curtis. FLA to WA is a long trip, are you sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Sounds like a great deal Curtis is offering you Jay. During the trip I expect he will probably identify and fix a number of small issues.
Knowing Curtis I'm sure you are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Terry, you can never have too much closet space! By the way, Looking Good!! The door came out looking very nice!
Jay, see my Goodmorning reply to you
Rail!
Got it and thank you.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #2384

Sure Jay! I'm serious. I have done that trip before. On bikes, motor home and by pickup.

As long as don't have to rush straight through it would be a good trip to do. Lots of friends between start and finish I could swing by. Some real nice camping all good the way. I've over to see some of my favorites again.

6 years ago I rode my KLR to Canada and back from Texas with 4 other guy on their KLRs. So to do it on my new big Yamaha would be a breeze.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:56 PM   #2385

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rebuild

Good Afternoon, Well, I have another section of wall up more wires put away, and two more cabinets installed, as Frank would say one more thing cked off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0602151434.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	493.3 KB
ID:	96030  
Old 06-02-2015, 04:55 PM   #2386

Terry
I had to turn my laptop on it's side again but those pics of the progress are starting to show the end of that job won't be too long now.

You might not be back up to your old pace but you're plugging those pieces together real quick ,it's all coming together nicely .

Your parts pile must be getting smaller too !

We're all staying tuned for the exciting conclusion !
Old 06-02-2015, 05:27 PM   #2387

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - that corner is gorgeous.

It will be one of the most used cabinets and counter tops in the trailer IMO. Cel phones, keys, etc.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:41 PM   #2388

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Again, I have to side with Gordon on that cabinet and counter top. I have no doubt that you know how much closet space that you will need. It is looking better each picture we see.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:03 PM   #2389

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Thanks guys, Popeye, tell me how to turn my pics , when I have to turn the camera, (phone) sideways to get full length the pics on the forum are sideways, (only on the forum). As my parts pile gets smaller I can see inside my garage again . Gordon, I made the cabinet the same height ect. as the kitchen cabs. so it looks like its connected, I am replacing the counter top with the same as all the others, I also added a 120 volt outlet and 12 volt power there. The back splash will also match. Frank, thanks, did you make it to Ohio? Tomorrow, its walls in the bedroom. Have a great night all.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:43 PM   #2390

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Yes Terry, I am sitting in Ohio( freezing by the way) well not really, but it was only 71* for a high, and that has been close to the lows for the last couple of months. I have a rant over on "Gooodmorning" that tells about my trip up today, trip was non-eventful, it was when I got to the campground that the fireworks happened.
If you think you are light on the pin, you better add that extra water tan now, with the weight of the 2 bikes in the back, you will definitely be light, although with your TV, i don't think you will have any problem with the trailer trying to lead the TV.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:51 PM   #2391

Terry
Key word is phone! And they have the nerve to call those things "smartphones"!

Try loading the pics to your computer and use that browser to post to the forums,,,,,check to see if they are sideways first and right them if not.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:52 PM   #2392

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, yup I read Good Morning after I had posted here, glad all is well on the trip, crazy about the campsite thro. When the TH is done one of the first trips will be to a Cat Scale to look at my axle and pin weights, plus the total trailer weight, be interesting to see what it comes to.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:57 PM   #2393

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, that's how I post now, I Email the pics to myself on the laptop, then down load into a photo program, they are all the way there supposed to be until I put them here, I drives me crazy that I can't figure it out, (I dislike sideways pics) Thanks.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:14 PM   #2394

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Popeye, that's how I post now, I Email the pics to myself on the laptop, then down load into a photo program, they are all the way there supposed to be until I put them here, I drives me crazy that I can't figure it out, (I dislike sideways pics) Thanks.
Terry if you PM one of the administrators they can correct them I believe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote