Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2015, 06:09 AM   #2437

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry and Eleanor,

WOW! This is going to be one amazing rebuild. I think when you two are done you need to put together a before and after, and progress, and send it into a RV magazine and have it published. Harley Davison also might be interested in putting it into their magazine just for something totally different but important to those of you who want a TH for your bikes. This could go big with you taking it to shows and so forth.

Either way, you two are doing a wonderful job and the finished product will be well worth all your work.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2015, 06:42 AM   #2438

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I'm with Popeye and Gordon on the amazing part and Lynne makes some good points as always. You are making rapid progress now, did you get your holding tanks in yet? I am looking forward to seeing your work in person.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:46 AM   #2439

Even though I ride I guess I'm not that brand dedicated....
I still do love and admire the effort and results so far!!!

Keep it up, your work is inspiring!
Old 06-06-2015, 07:51 AM   #2440
bap

i agree with lynne,,,,,your build needs to be seen by everyone,,,,,
........you both do amazing work......
Old 06-06-2015, 08:17 AM   #2441

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good morning all, Thanks again for the kudos! Popeye, not sure on the decals, but the may be some lettering telling what's IN the cabinets, (learned that from racing days, letter everything so anyone can find it, even in a hurry). Gordon, GL1800? what's that? . Lynne, Eleanor is painting as I type this, supposed to come in for tea and take a break, been at it since 6:00 am. I would like to put together a before and after, just to show where it came from, it might be neat to show it off. It'd be nice to show case some of the stuff I put into it. Frank I have not purchased the holding tanks yet, I was waiting to see where all my holes where going to be so I could order. Randy, I really don't care what I ride, my shop worked on all brands, we did do more Harley work because the area has more of them. I cut my teeth on old Harleys and Indians, so I guess that's why I V Star and a Harley. Hi Bap, we need pics of your builds.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:23 AM   #2442
bap

i just showed debbie ur back splash,,,,she walked over to some stuff she had picked up for our build and wouldnt you know it,,,,,almost the same thing....lol,,,,just different color.....
cant wait to see before and after pix side by side,,,
Old 06-06-2015, 08:54 AM   #2443

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good morning all, Thanks again for the kudos! Popeye, not sure on the decals, but the may be some lettering telling what's IN the cabinets, (learned that from racing days, letter everything so anyone can find it, even in a hurry). Gordon, GL1800? what's that? . Lynne, Eleanor is painting as I type this, supposed to come in for tea and take a break, been at it since 6:00 am. I would like to put together a before and after, just to show where it came from, it might be neat to show it off. It'd be nice to show case some of the stuff I put into it. Frank I have not purchased the holding tanks yet, I was waiting to see where all my holes where going to be so I could order. Randy, I really don't care what I ride, my shop worked on all brands, we did do more Harley work because the area has more of them. I cut my teeth on old Harleys and Indians, so I guess that's why I V Star and a Harley. Hi Bap, we need pics of your builds.
LOL Just thought I would throw that into the hat for consideration. I am not particularly brand specific. It is more the person riding the bike than the bike that makes me enjoy the ride. We belong to the Retreads. Membership requirements are 40+, you do not even need to have a bike.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:44 AM   #2444

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, is that group national? we have some guys here that have a group called that.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:48 AM   #2445

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Gordon, is that group national? we have some guys here that have a group called that.
Yes - it is International.

We are going to the annual international rally in Montrose CO this year with some folks from our chapter. We are going down in a group of 6. We all pull tent trailers so are taking the scenic route down (we are all retired).

Others will be taking a more direct route as they are still working. In all there will be about 14 from our chapter there.

We have a list of places to visit when there so we will make lots of miles.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:54 AM   #2446

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rebuild

I was wondering, I've worked on some bikes from that group here, I'll have to check into it. I forgot to post pics Eleanor did the backsplash and it looked like it needed a light there, sooo I installed one. Still need to trim the BSplash. Bap we used a glue mat instead of the regular trowel on glue, works great and is more flexible for RV's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0606151113.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	552.6 KB
ID:	96351   Click image for larger version

Name:	0606151219.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	568.6 KB
ID:	96352  

Old 06-06-2015, 11:18 AM   #2447

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
As per usual you both do GREAT work, it looks good.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #2448

Winnebago Owners Club
Really pretty tile. Did not notice the highlights in the other pictures. The light really makes the highlights pop. I guess that is why we let the ladies pick the colors.

The way it is installed there will not be much required to finish it. It looks like there may be room for one more line of tile at the top. I would even consider running the grout right to the bottom of the cabinet.

We have made some good friends through the Retreads. As well through the GWRRA but we tend to hang more with our Retread friends. We found some who are very like minded and we do enjoy their company.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:05 PM   #2449

Holy Cow Terry and Elanor! I just went through all 175 pages of this build, and it's looking spectacular! Give's me quite the inspiration for some remodeling and clean up of my "new to me TC"....

Scott
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #2450

Oh sure , Keep it up and I won't even want to go inside the factory interior that I have !!!!