Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2015, 10:39 AM   #2563

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Been getting more parts, this time for the electrical system, needed wire to go from the electric panel to the batteries #4 that is under the reefer too so have to get all that buttoned up, (the reefers coming!) Frank, I'm available for consulting!! . Rail, thanks for the info, between you and Gordon its something I hadn't thought of. Bap, good to hear from you and all is ok. Got the nose paneled still need to do the sides and build the storage areas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0619150820.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	439.4 KB
ID:	97746  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2015, 06:29 PM   #2564

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rebuild

Good Evening, Furnace is installed, all the ducts hooked up and tested, It works . Got most of the parts for the combiner box for the roof, to get the solar panels wired. More check offs. Have a great night all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0619152003.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	511.7 KB
ID:	97780  
Old 06-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #2565

Winnebago Owners Club
Excellent progress Terry.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:58 PM   #2566

The way you keep knockin' that list down , it won't be long till you run out of list !
Old 06-20-2015, 05:33 AM   #2567

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Looking better every pic, Terry.
Bap,
Glad to hear from you and that you are doing OK.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:36 AM   #2568

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Popeye, that's the plan! . Frank, Thanks, Workin the "list" today.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:14 AM   #2569

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
The drain pan on a residential refrigerator relies on heat from the compressor to evaporate the water that's why there's no drain. that may or may not work well and a RV because there may be times when you shut it down and there will be water in that pan. In which case you'll need to slide the tray out and dump it or you will need to install a drain.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 05:07 AM   #2570

Good morning Terry and friends...
Terry, your progress is remarkable.. I wish I could borrow some of your energy and motivation!
Things have been pretty busy for us.
Last Monday Dar (DW?) got both knees replaced and is now in a nursing home for therapy before she can come home and do her therapy here. Her right knee has decided to be the problem child and is causing her a significant amount of pain, so she has to stay on the oxycodone for a while longer just to make it through her exercises. The rent on the CPM machine is pretty high but she has to have it for a while in order to get/keep her limber.
Keep up the great work! We love watching your progress here!
Old 06-21-2015, 05:35 AM   #2571

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good morning, Jay, that makes perfect sense , about why there would be water on the floor in some RV's. Big Foot, Thanks!, So sorry to hear about your DW's problems with the knees, the first few weeks are the worst for sure. Hope it gets better soon, we'll keep her in our thoughts. We have the remnants of hurricane Bill here today, so pretty wet right now. Worked on the propane system yesterday, got it done, and hooked up, now need to build the mounts for the tank up front. Eleanor worked on the curtains.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:59 AM   #2572

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Terry, Rained lightly already this morning, and is drizzling right now, so you will be getting this tomorrow. Don't forget to soap test all the propane fittings just to make sure(it's an old fireman thing). After the test, then check off one more thing, Oh yeah, don't forget the smoke detectors (one in the garage area is a good idea) and properly placed CO and propane detector also.
Popeye,
Sorry that DW knee is giving her problems, hope that it straightens out quickly.
Good Morning Jay.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:28 AM   #2573
bap

prayers sent for a speeedy recovery for your DW big foot,,,

have a great fathers day you guys...
Old 06-21-2015, 10:17 AM   #2574

I'm having a problem....
I just found this thread a week ago, so i started to read and found it very interesting and kind of hard to stop reading... But now i read roughly 5 to 10 pages a day if possible but the problem is that you keep adding more than that every day... so its hard to catch up lol...
Breafly what i task you have undertaken, and with all thats been done so far its easy to see your craftmenship quality, congrats to you and your wife for the effort you put in this projects toghether, what a team.
Next, i dont know how many of these people that are throwing in there ideas you already knew, but it's amazing to see everyone trying to help and all the good info you got from them , i'm sure it must be quite comforting for you to know that when your project will come to the end that nothing will have been leftover with all that help.
Again congrats to you and your wife.
Mike
Montreal
micalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:50 AM   #2575

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Morning folks. Happy fathers day.

Bigfoot - Hoping for a speedy recovery for your wife. She will be in our thoughts.

micalo - There is a good group here, lots of tinkerers & builders chipping in, making more work for Terry I'm sure.

Frank - Hiya! Howzit?

Terry - I've a bit of experience with those trays. Had a bad seal on a freezer door years ago. As a result it would frost up every few days and the frost free cycle would kick in. It drained water into the pan faster than it could evaporate. Tray overflowed on night and had water everywhere in the kitchen (house, not rv) which I dutifully stepped in in my stocking feet while getting cream for my first cuppa. YUK! Anyway, guess who went fridge shopping that day?

Those trays are not hard to take out and dump. Unsnap the kick panel and slide it right out. Where the trouble comes in is that we are all trained that the evap process works so well we never check that tray. Most folks don't periodically clean them either. NASTY! For us it's an annual thing when Patty has me pull the fridge out so she can clean behind and under.

Have a great day everyone.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:42 PM   #2576

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon All, Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there. Frank, I hooked up the furnace with a temp line to check it out, the reefer sits on top so it would have been a pain to repair if something was wrong, I need to build the tank mount so when I do that will be one of the first things I do on the "list". Bap, thanks. Mike, Welcome! jump in anytime. When I started this project I knew no one on the forum here, but have become friends with many, I value their advise and they have helped with numerous things and continue with the same, we plan on meeting with all someday. Jay, Thanks again on thoughts on the tray. Well haven't got much done today, had a retirement party to attend, now its time to get back at it.