Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2015, 04:33 AM   #2633

Terry , Is that Walnut ? Looks nice , will go good with the walls and cabinet wood.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2015, 04:58 AM   #2634

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bartender's cloth has holes all over in it so air flow wouldn't be a problem. It is like a rubberized mesh so it holds things from sliding or slipping. It's that cloth they put over towels around bars to keep the glasses on so the water goes through it down to the towels but keeps the lip of the glass out of the water when it drains off.

I use it inside the drawers because it keeps the contents from sliding around while driving down the road. It is in cupboards so dishes don't slide around and clink. It can be cut to fit, take out and washed, and reinstalled. Can take it out of fridge when camped and put back in to travel.

Get it at Walmart, Meijer's, Dollar Stores. Try one roll and you will buy more. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:46 AM   #2635

Looking really nice Terry & Eleanor! Enjoying the pictures of your progress! Have a great day everyone!
BobJNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:52 AM   #2636

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Looking better and better, and yeah, without the holding tanks yet, I think that you are going to miss the July 4th deadline. But that was just a target date anyways, so I wouldn't feel too bad about that. You just have to keep plugging away
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:06 AM   #2637

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Dang Terry. It's almost ready to move in.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:23 AM   #2638

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Raining here since yesterday afternoon, weather man says not going to stop until tonight, and throw in some wind and I can't put up my shelters, so alot of my work involves a saw or gluing not sure what I'll get done. Ron, no problem, someone reading might need the info, always good to throw it out there. Popeye, its a synthetic (read vinyl) made to look like walnut, its the same as the main cabins floor, easy to clean. Lynne, I know what your talking about now, yup I've been using something like it. Bob, thanks! Frank, we are pluggin , Jay not yet read on! Eleanor has added , others have said that I could do something with the nose area with the center post, I have been instructed that we could, so we will . I am going to redo the nose area so that the head of the bed will go into the nose that will add approx. 18" of room at the foot of the bed. Pics will of course follow. That darned internet showed some very nice pics of some 5th wheels with a nose similar to ours. Everyone have a great day.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:50 PM   #2639

Terry, now you'll have to wire for reading lights over the bed.
Sorry what I started!!
Ed
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:01 AM   #2640

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Ed, that's been mentioned. Now if it would stop raining so I could uncover the saws and get to work!
Old 06-29-2015, 04:51 PM   #2641

No rain here today 70* and partly cloudy but it rained plenty yesterday.
The BoatHouse shut down early so I got yesterday off.
Today was a lot of bailing for 3 hours And a nice 3 hours more this afternoon raking the small beach. Of course I had to stop and go inside several times to answer questions and sell WOIMS !!

It probably wasn't raining UNDER the rig Terry ,maybe it would have been a good time to bolt up those holding tanks.....

You're gettin' there bud, I'd like to suggest that when you DO wrap this up a video tour might be nice ????
Old 06-29-2015, 05:05 PM   #2642

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Popeye, It's supposed to rain here for the next couple of days, hope it goes out to sea and not up the coast to you, I plan on putting together a video of the TH when its finally done, if I can figure out this new stuff, I still have a camcorder that takes a full size VHS cartridge. I spent most of today trimming out inside in between rain showers, have to go to Home Depot tomorrow for more supplies to redo the nose area and build the bed frame. Have a great night all.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:05 AM   #2643

Video or not it would be so cool to aggregate all the pics in one post so we could see beginning to end. Looks pretty good so far!
Terry,
Went through your town the other day pulling the 5er, thought I should have called. But I was on my way somewhere with a deadline. Some day I'll get up to visit.
Ed
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:33 AM   #2644

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Ed, anytime your coming thru give a holler and I'll meet for coffee, I'm around most of the time. I need to go to my friendly Home Depot to get my supplies, (2X4s, drawer slides, ect.) then start in on the interior reconstruction of the nose.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:20 PM   #2645

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rebuild

Good Evening, Well got some more parts today, started on the pull out pantry, since it rained most of the day, and it would be a whole lot easier to work outside cutting material. here's a few pics of the pantry, first is the door. then I installed the back of the pantry box, that's where I have left off. Its supposed to rain again tomorrow and then clear up so I hopefully can get something done. Have a great night all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0630151843.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	98797   Click image for larger version

Name:	0630151844.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	98801  

Click image for larger version

Name:	0630151844a.jpg